• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A few members of the Assembly sat around the seat reserved for the Father of the House begin to realise that the 88-year-old seems to be quite quietly, soundly asleep.

((In case somebody decides to ask -- Erich von Hohenzollern is off limits. :) ))

((In case somebody decides to ask -- Erich von Hohenzollern is off limits. :) ))

((It's rather worrying when the GM gets schizophrenically addicted to his own game. :p))

The Communist Party isn't a omnipotent force, it can't force it's members to act a certain way; the worst we can do is expel or censure our members, which we cannot do to Comrade von Leute as he's... well, dead. The words of Comrade von Smithereens are offensive and rude, quite frankly.

As for his campaign to be Commander of the Gendarms, I'm rather sure that's a political appointee.

With the war at last finished and our soldiers cared for by capable psychologists, the only remaining obstacles to winning the peace as decisively was the war was won is providing those men with suitable employment. Government construction projects like improving our naval facilities will only prove a temporary respite. We have poured time and treasure into ensuring that as few Germans are injured or killed upon the battlefield. We have somehow allowed them to be maimed in the factories. No more.

I propose better safety regulations to be implemented with all due haste.

On less important business, the French Integration Victory Initiative shall continue, and Otto IX von Altmark is kindly reminded to refrain from assaulting his colleagues.

((It's rather worrying when the GM gets schizophrenically addicted to his own game. :p))
((He didn't fudge the dice roll to keep his PC alive. We should be fine.

Current techs: Mil: 4-4-4-4-4 Nav: 4-4-4-4-4 Com: 4-5-5-3-5 Cul: 3-5-5-5-5 Ind: 5-5-5-4-5
High Sea Battle Fleet, Impressionism, Expressionism

Propose Minimal Safety Regulations))

Last edited:
Congratulations to my men in the Gendarmerie, you have done Germany a great service. The forces of anarchy have been repelled, and note that I do not necessarily mean communism. You have kept Germany stable in a precarious time, when the armies were away.

I wish to let Herr Von Smithereens know that all offices are decided after the election, during coalition building time.

Johannes Carile, Commander of the Corps of the Gendarmerie

In light of recent events, I propose the Gendarmerie launch an investigation into the Communist Party. The attack by Leute is a shocking one, and while I am convinced that the majority of the organization is innocent, I cannot help but wonder if certain extremists might sympathize and therefore house those like Leute.

I object to this witchhunt. The Communist Party has been nothing but cooperative in investigative efforts and has never sanctioned violence by individual members. This is nothing more than an attempt by reactionaries and conservatives to purge the Party and silence the struggle of the workers.

"Such a hunt is surely in the interests of the German people."

Wheezesthe now ancient Count.

I object to this witchhunt. The Communist Party has been nothing but cooperative in investigative efforts and has never sanctioned violence by individual members. This is nothing more than an attempt by reactionaries and conservatives to purge the Party and silence the struggle of the workers.
As you have just said, the Communist party as a whole cannot control the actions of individuals within the party, merely expel or censure those who step outside its bounds, just as any party can do. However, a very serious crime has just been committed, one which we are almost sure was ideologically motivated, and so it is only reasonable that we take all precautions in bringing to justice those responsible. Surely, the Communist party is not opposed to a few questions, especially if they are innocent? Why, if the Federalist party was implicated in such an affair, I would give no hesitation in allowing, even welcoming, an investigation!
Or is it that the Communist party has even less control over its individuals than as appears?

It is the principle of the matter; not whether we have anything to hide (and we do not, mind you.)

This is nothing more than a mad attempt by reactionaries and conservatives to drum up some false justification to outlaw and shut down the Communist Party, as our ideologies of economic emancipation and people's justice do not fit your 17th century monarchism.

Your tactics of implying that by refusing to accept your insulting inquiries that we are guilty de facto is unacceptable, and we shall not stand here and be slandered. The Party shall not support or cooperate with any investigation because of the actions of a few madmen; that is quite ridiculous, and I do not believe it to be acceptable under German civil law.

- Clarissa Rafanelli

In this time of national unity, when Communist Party members served the Reich as loyal soldiers, sailors and workers, I cannot approve of such a wholesale investigation. If evidence were bought forward that indicates that the madman was a part of a wider conspiracy, then, yes, follow the evidence wherever it leads. However, a party membership card is not sufficient evidence for a political investigation, in my judgment. Of course, the decision on such a matter rests with the Commander of the Corps of Gendarmerie; I hope in making his decision, he will take into account my advice.

Gutfreund, Chancellor

Thank you, Comrade Chancellor. I am glad that at least some persons retain their sense in the face of this tragedy. Comrade von Leute's actions were entirely his own choosing, and the Communist Party had no part in his aims. We have consistently appeased the liberasts and conservatives by moderating our party policy, much to the annoyance of a minority of members. I must state that the Communist Party is nothing but loyal to the German Reich, and we oppose this proposal's trampling of our civil rights.

-Rafanelli

I wish nothing except the return to stability in the light of these shocking crimes. My own husband was killed by a gunman, and I have seen many a similar incident take place in recent years. A conspiracy had taken place, and if it wasn't for the actions of our skilled Gendermine, we would be here with one less a Minister. This rise in political assassinations concern me, doubly so after a long and drawn out war. I merely wish for an investigation into the organization Leute took part in, to determine if any of the conspirators remain, not some indiscriminate witchhunt as Rafanelli suggests.

I second the Chancellor's statement on this proposed witchhunt. While I do not agree with many of the Communist Party's ideas, Frau Rafanelli and most of her colleagues have lawfully participated within the Reichstag. We cannot blame the entire party for the actions of one man. If anything, we should offer support to Frau Rafanelli so she can root out any dissidents within her midst. Let the Gendarmerie focus on the bigger and more apparent threats.

As for this proposed plan for Italy, I am completely against it. The term "satellite" is just a fancy way of saying we'd grant Italy independence in all but name. As I have been saying for years now, the answer is not in separation but in greater interaction on the national level. We should be seeking ways of increasing Italian participation within the Reichstag, not pushing them towards independence. Perhaps at first this will merely be presented as a means of granting the Italians some autonomy, but I guarantee within a decade or more, the next topic on Italy will be their complete and utter independence. We have been walking on a slippery slope for some time and now I feel us all sliding down. If we continue down this path, we will only set a precedent for separatism movements all over the Republic. This will spell disaster for Germany. The Hohenzollerns achieved a great thing when they united the disparate states of the Holy Roman Empire. Don't let their work be undone by fuelling the flames of separatism.

- Eva von Vandenburg

((Nothing wrong with a GM trying to have a little fun. You can't expect him to sit back all the time. :D))

I would like to give my support to the Italian proposal.

The fact remains that Italy is already a satellite state, by the common international-law definition of the term, and has been since Italian Home Rule. It determines its own domestic and economic policy, and defers to the Republic for foreign and military affairs. This proposal does not grant Italy new powers; the only significant difference is that its present status is recognised by the international community. Quite frankly, this is a declaration that should have been made a number of years ago.

But right now, the question is not primarily of overdue international declarations, but of the Former Papal Republic of Italy. Let us not forget that the revolution against the Papal authorities was largely funded and armed by Great Britain, and if we do not reach an agreement then the Former Papal Republic, then it shall certainly seek greater unity with the Scot instead. This gives us three options:

- Do nothing as the Former Papal Republic allies with the UK. In the event of war, the Former Papal Republic becomes a beachhead for Scottish troops, who may now land safely en route to the Republic's soil. In the event of war with Poland and France as well, the Republic could see itself on a war on *three* fronts. This is clearly undesirable.

- Conquer the Former Papal Republic by force of arms. This would deal with the threat of British support on the Italian peninsula, but has little else to recommend itself to any but warmongers and scoundrels. Frankly, this nation is tired of war.

- Negotiate some minor diplomatic 'concession', such as has been proposed, and so gain sovereignty over the Former Papal Republic - and its not-inconsiderable treasury from liquidated Vatican assets - without firing a single shot.

Naturally, I support the third. But those who have already given their opposition the proposed settlement, I would be interested to learn what alternative they prefer.

Last edited:
I am extremely disappointed to learn that Herr Adimari has turned his back on Germany. I hope that he comes to his senses.

~ K. F. von Hohenzollern

((The OOC argument against this plan is that Italy would become a GP within a year and that would just be a huge problem.))

I reiterate the Communist Party's opposition to this plan of further devolution. The peoples of Italy should remain in one house with our German brothers. As an Italian, it is a matter of utmost urgency we defeat this proposal.

- Rafanelli