• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Could I request a stability level check please?))

((What's our infamy?))

((Avindian, could you possibly give a current vote tally?))

Regarding the first four ballot measures:

The Pro-Business Prosperity Program fails in the Conclave, 29 votes to 47, but passes in the Assembly, 298 votes to 130.
The AIA fails in the Assembly, 178 votes to 316, but passes in the Conclave, 46 votes to 18.
The New Flag Act fails in both houses, 101 votes to 375 in the Assembly and 38 votes to 56 in the Conclave.
The Krupp proposal passes, 428 votes to 47 in the Assembly and 84 votes to 10 in the Conclave.

The matter of minimum wage is still outstanding and we will wait to announce results.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

((Could I request a stability level check please?))

((It's actually 100 right now. Things are pretty quiet. That number may be lower depending on the coup group's goals, and whether the large movements would be sympathetic. There are three groups, all wanting social reforms, who have more than 500k, so it could be 85 for the right group.))

((What's our infamy?))

((Infamy is 19.82.))

((Is this real, or just a Fanta Sea?))

((The Krupp vote was a landslide, that's for sure. Also, a sea of Fanta sounds awful.))

Reactions:
I've been reluctant to do this in an attempt to preserve this coalition, but this ruse has gone on far enough. Franz Meningen, you threaten a war which will lead to the destruction of a well-maintained peace. We need to prevent a potentially destructive war, and Meningen has shown he is willing to go to great lengths to cause one.

Losing our soldiers' lives for an African Empire is foolish, and is not in our best interests. Maybe for another European nation, maybe for ourselves, but for a nation that is not on our continent, nor bearing the democratic ideals of our nation, all in the name of "liberating" them. Liberation from one oppressor to another is not liberation.

Herr Meningen, I have stood idle as those around me rallied against you and your bellicose ravings. I hoped you might see reason and cease these calls for war. I see now that you have completely lost all sense in an attempt to push your ideals, your personality, your mad attempts to mark yourself into the history books. This is enough.

Franz Meningen, I am removing you from the position of Foreign Minister, immediately.

I will hold the office personally until arrangements can be made to fill the position with someone else.

Those who are members of the Bundespartei can remain in government, and I strongly recommend that if Meningen calls for you to leave the government, that you leave his madness and join a different liberal party, either the NLPD or UAI, whichever you agree with more. You will not be removed from your position because of Meningen, as you have not failed Germany.

~Frederick Carile, Chancellor of Germany

((Avindian, if you could, could you update the front page to include the newly formed Conservative Party? Just in case the coalition collapses, I need to know who to talk to.))

I've been reluctant to do this in an attempt to preserve this coalition, but this ruse has gone on far enough. Franz Meningen, you threaten a war which will lead to the destruction of a well-maintained peace. We need to prevent a potentially destructive war, and Meningen has shown he is willing to go to great lengths to cause one.

Losing our soldiers' lives for an African Empire is foolish, and is not in our best interests. Maybe for another European nation, maybe for ourselves, but for a nation that is not on our continent, nor bearing the democratic ideals of our nation, all in the name of "liberating" them. Liberation from one oppressor to another is not liberation.

Herr Meningen, I have stood idle as those around me rallied against you and your bellicose ravings. I hoped you might see reason and cease these calls for war. I see now that you have completely lost all sense in an attempt to push your ideals, your personality, your mad attempts to mark yourself into the history books. This is enough.

Franz Meningen, I am removing you from the position of Foreign Minister, immediately.

I will hold the office personally until arrangements can be made to fill the position with someone else.

Those who are members of the Bundespartei can remain in government, and I strongly recommend that if Meningen calls for you to leave the government, that you leave his madness and join a different liberal party, either the NLPD or UAI, whichever you agree with more. You will not be removed from your position because of Meningen, as you have not failed Germany.

~Frederick Carile, Chancellor of Germany

Herr Carile,

The Chancellor may not remove a minister for anything other than failing to attend to his duties, constitutionally. You may ask Herr Meningen to resign but he is not obligated to do so. The President can dissolve the Reichstag and call for new elections, or he can replaced with a vote of no confidence, but he cannot be unilaterally removed from office by the Chancellor or any other individual.

Chief Justice of the Supreme Court

I must ask why some of our members are so afraid of action. We can recruit over 400 brigades; no power on earth can hope to stand with us in a land war for more than a few months. Why are we so willing to see our enemies conquer the rest of the world? Soon Africa will be shut out from us. Am I a madman for proposing a war we can easily win that will help strengthen Germany?

I see now that you have completely lost all sense in an attempt to push your ideals, your personality, your mad attempts to mark yourself into the history books. This is enough.

This is ironic coming from you, the man who has managed to game the system so that he could become president and then chancellor for four consecutive terms.

Our party has done everything to aid you, yet you continue to belittle and slander us. You claim you want to continue to work with the Bundespartei yet you do not speak out against the bill that threatens to destroy the Italian Home Rule Act. Chancellor, what are your ideals beyond a vague notion of liberalism and cementing your power? I am beginning to get the feeling that our party is being called "mad" because we are the only party in the Reichstag that holds ideals and tries to promote a coherent vision of government.

-Herr Liberator

((Are we seriously going to waste another CB by not going to war again? No wonder our infamy is so bad without doing anything. :rolleyes:))

I admit that Herr Meningen has said questionable things in office, but he is right in this regard. We must act. Poland is a threat now that they have annexed the Toucouleur Empire from underneath our noses and are in a position to expand greatly in Africa. If we continue to sit around focusing inward, our enemies will expand around the globe and use the strength and wealth of their new possession to strike against us. We barely survived a war with Poland, Britain, and France last time. Imagine how we would fare if these powers had an extensive colonial empire, which Poland is well on the way to accomplishing. We must nip this in the bud before it blooms into some thorned plant meant to prick us. Let us build up the army to our full strength and free the Toucouleur Empire. We do not even need to conquer the land for ourselves. An independent Toucouleur free of Poland means a weaker Poland. That fits our interests. The lot of you sat on your fat bottoms when we had the chance to kick Venice out of Europe and bring the Italian people truly under our rule, which I'm sure will greatly annoy the new Italian Parliament that we ignored their brothers in Sicily again. Let us not make the same mistake. And for those who simply oppose this because they see Herr Meningen as a bloodthirsty warmonger, the man's foreign plan passed through the Assembly and he survived a vote of no-confidence. In the eyes of the people and their representatives, he has done his job. Now man up and do yours.

- Eva von Vandenburg

Reactions:
((to declare war requires an affirmative vote in both houses, yes?))

I admit that Herr Meningen has said questionable things in office, but he is right in this regard. We must act. Poland is a threat now that they have annexed the Toucouleur Empire from underneath our noses and are in a position to expand greatly in Africa. If we continue to sit around focusing inward, our enemies will expand around the globe and use the strength and wealth of their new possession to strike against us. We barely survived a war with Poland, Britain, and France last time. Imagine how we would fare if these powers had an extensive colonial empire, which Poland is well on the way to accomplishing. We must nip this in the bud before it blooms into some thorned plant meant to prick us. Let us build up the army to our full strength and free the Toucouleur Empire. We do not even need to conquer the land for ourselves. An independent Toucouleur free of Poland means a weaker Poland. That fits our interests. The lot of you sat on your fat bottoms when we had the chance to kick Venice out of Europe and bring the Italian people truly under our rule, which I'm sure will greatly annoy the new Italian Parliament that we ignored their brothers in Sicily again. Let us not make the same mistake. And for those who simply oppose this because they see Herr Meningen as a bloodthirsty warmonger, the man's foreign plan passed through the Assembly and he survived a vote of no-confidence. In the eyes of the people and their representatives, he has done his job. Now man up and do yours.

- Eva von Vandenburg
Otto Kant applauds the speech

I support increasing the minimum wage.

D6vWaP7.png

A Public Message from the Office of the Reichspräisdent

Since the current government can't find any compromise or harmony in their coalition, Kanzler Frederick Carile, has asked me to dissovle the current government and call for new elections. Due to several movements and members of the Reichstag has voiced their concern with the current foreign minister, I have decided to dissovle the Carile Administration and Coalition and call for early elections.

Gott Mit Uns.

~ Konrad von Schwaben, Reichspräsident of the German Republic

I continue to support the minimum wage hike, and joy be! You have done Germany a favor, President von Schwaben!

However, I am disheartened by the liberal cowardice to protect the illegitimate Italian parliament, which shall only serve to feed separatism in Germany. It shall only be a matter of time before Meiningen's cronies demand independence, and no logical German government would ever permit that.

Oh look it's yet another failed Liberal government it would almost be amusing if it was not so pitiful. Regardless, I am as always against this foolishness with the minimum wage.