some random event degrades my rank from great power to local power and made me a feudatory to thrace !!!! LIKE LOOOOOL?????

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

religiousphanatic

Captain
2 Badges
Jan 21, 2014
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris
wtf.jpg

there is some event with thrace where they ask for something and you click something just to remove commercial pop up from the screen , but what this event does is absolute magic , suddenly my rank dropped from great power to local power just to figure out that i have lost all my minions and i have a truce with selecuids :O , but thats not all folks ,, im also a feudatory to Thrace ?????!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL

• 8Haha
Reactions:
But in seriousness, if you can figure out which one it was, I can look at making it BIG and RED, to make it extra clear that bad things will happen.

• 13Like
  • 6Haha
Reactions:
Perhaps it's from Thrace's mission tree?

Reactions:
But in seriousness, if you can figure out which one it was, I can look at making it BIG and RED, to make it extra clear that bad things will happen.
i did take a ss , i always do when i see somthing what i never have seen before, its missleading if you ask me, it says that hellenic league will lead the new state

i think this event should not have effect on major powers and above, like i have 20k of pops, they have 500 :) , thats not possible
this event.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
i did take a ss , i always do when i see somthing what i never have seen before, its missleading if you ask me, it says that hellenic league will lead the new state

i think this event should not have effect on major powers and above, like i have 20k of pops, they have 500 :) , thats not possible
View attachment 690034
It is quite clear IMHO, except for the tooltip, totally misleading.

Reactions:
What this event would normally do is to create the Hellenic league. So if you got it as say, Athens, you would integrate some other countries and become the Hellenic League (meaning you "lead the new state"), which becomes a subject of Thrace (and subjects can never be above Local Power).

So basically the problem here is that this fires for a player who has already formed the Hellenic league and is clearly powerful enough to stand on their own.

I think the whole event is somewhat strange in general because so far, I've always seen it fire without any real justification. Like, Thrace will have no foothold in Greece whatsoever, be pretty weak, and suddenly the Hellenic League event fires and a bunch of states join. I don't get why Thrace seems to get that for free while Macedon has to actively establish a hegemony.

Reactions:
idk, now i have lost momentum, lost 20 + minions which i payed for with PI to create them,,,, wanted to reach india in this war agains seleucids :s, im dull now ;( , wanna cry , and i have a truce :S i mean its not ahrd to stop being feud, i did it in one day just ask thrace to transfer subject and for some reason it works but, my minions ;(

I recommend playing on dual monitors so you have one screen dedicated to googling and reading game files.

Also pause the game before clicking on anything at the center of the screen. I often missclick popups/events coming up on my screen one millisecond before trying to click on a territory or another popup.

• 4Haha
Reactions:

View attachment 690034
That event reads as if it would just create a defensive alliance between the cities. Not make someone a vasall.

Reactions:
That event reads as if it would just create a defensive alliance between the cities. Not make someone a vasall.
yeah , its not quite clear what it wants , at the end option is Hellenic league will lead,,, i didnt read the rest cause i was ok, ther will be some alliance even if its not possible cause im great power and i think they are not even major

Yeah the tooltip should be fixed, but it says you will lead the new state, not the new league.

The Thracian king offers you subservient status in a league.

I understand that the "state" is your adjusted (smaller) new state under this new league.

or save scam to prevent this from happening :D i guess from hard core gamer im going to do save scam as mandatory , just for some "wierd" thing not to happen , maybe someone will annex me over event :D
Thrace & Seleukid AI be like :).
Edit: That's an easy click to make. In fact, I bet I would have made the same click. At first glance, I thought you'd be the leader of the league. At reading again, it looks like we'll be under Thrace's protection. Nothing, though, about becoming a vassal.
(I won't use Ironman any longer).

Attachments

• Ironman-giphy.gif
    Ironman-giphy.gif
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Yeah the event is clear but the tooltip is entirely wrong. If you were just not in the mood to read an event and just clicked on the best option referring to the tooltip this is an easy mistake and is really a bug.

Reactions:

View attachment 690034
I thought it was going to be a bug similar to Egypt releasing all of Syria to sidon, but alas