• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No Alaska?!

How can you have a map of the world without Alaska?! I can understand not having the Artic and Antartic, but Alaska was and is inhabited -- not to mention a possession and eventual State of the U.S.A.

Jesus Mohammed!

New Zealand sliced and Canada's missing it's north, so America's not alone. The Maps already 6 metres by 2 metres as is, and besides nothing would have happened in Alaska anyway (unless the Japanese AI is crazy)

Well, what I was thinking was if Russia went Axis, they may have gone for it to begin an invasion of North America...

M

True, but now they can go through British Columbia:). But I doubt a AI Russia would go Axis and from the HOI FAQ it doesn't seem like a human Russia would have enough IC to have a good army AND navy (let alone a air force to back it up).

Russian Army strength + Japanese Naval and Air Forces = Uh-Oh!

M

Patric, can we have the Photoshop template for small flags ?

Thank you so very very very much. Now get an aussie distributor :p

Originally posted by OSULugan
The map looks wonderful... but, of course, it is a Euro-centric view of the world. While this is great for the European war, it's hard to utilize such a map for "planning" etc. for the Pacific War. Perhaps someone out there is motivated enough to alter the map to provide a Pacific-centric and an American-centric version, for those of us planning on taking on the USA as Japan, or trying to fight the 2-front war as USA.

we need a US centric map because...a)Canada is gonna attack the US or b) you can't stand the USnot having a prvince per state?

I personally think australia has too many provinces, and the US not enough but its' done, and I'm happy enough. Now i need the actual game here in Australia:D

Originally posted by HVC
New Zealand sliced and Canada's missing it's north, so America's not alone. The Maps already 6 metres by 2 metres as is, and besides nothing would have happened in Alaska anyway (unless the Japanese AI is crazy)

... Like the real-life Japanese, with their diversion of forces away from Midway to fake an invasion of the Aleutians? :D

Originally posted by Crimson King
... Like the real-life Japanese, with their diversion of forces away from Midway to fake an invasion of the Aleutians? :D
they didnt fake the invation of the Aleutians. They took over Attu and Kiska and bombed the city of Dutch Harbor. The battle to retake the Aleutians was the second most costly Island battle for the U.S. after Iwa Jima.

Gracias Patric!

Most surely it will take hours to me just to figure how to use all this material (easier things required days to me just to understand that HTML beast :)), but my site will have a HoI section x sure

The links in the first post are all dead. Any new place where the maps are available?