• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, then can you tell me what size of BMPs are used? :)

Because the shield_master.psd file includes many, many layers, including a rebel flag set of layers. Are the flags simply 44 x 70 pixels, or do you need the four different darkness iterations of each flag if you see what I mean.

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Originally posted by Dr.Charm
Okay, then can you tell me what size of BMPs are used? :)

Because the shield_master.psd file includes many, many layers, including a rebel flag set of layers. Are the flags simply 44 x 70 pixels, or do you need the four different darkness iterations of each flag if you see what I mean.
I see. You won't have to resize or cut anything. The game uses all four versions for different things. There are two layers with examples of different flag. Each of the USSR and rebel layers hold four copies of the base flag pic, the overlay add the effects. To make a new one just add a new layer with four copies of the flag, turn off(/delete) all layers except the new flag and overlay layers. Then just "save as" and go for BMP. :)

That is a very nice map!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
:D

Many provinces!! :eek:

Hmm.. I think I can see Midway on there! Looks like we will be having some big wars in the Pacific.. :) Before I came on to the forums this morning, I was wondering how many provinces Korea would be: Now I know! :D Europe has many provinces also!

I am even more excited now. Thanks much, Mr. Patric! :)

Meiji-Tenno

Originally posted by Havard
I see. You won't have to resize or cut anything. The game uses all four versions for different things. There are two layers with examples of different flag. Each of the USSR and rebel layers hold four copies of the base flag pic, the overlay add the effects. To make a new one just add a new layer with four copies of the flag, turn off(/delete) all layers except the new flag and overlay layers. Then just "save as" and go for BMP. :)

Great, that's pretty much what I figured :)

Already made a maple leaf. Yes, I know it's ahistorical, but it looks good :)

Cheers,

Dr. Charm

Are each of these provinces the same in regards to time required to cross?

Because it looks like a US player with access through Mexico could drop units off in southern texas, and only have to move them one province to get to the Pacific.

Thanks for putting up the map!

drool

'nuff said ;)

Re: Map w/ resources post?

Originally posted by kfoelsch
Thank you very much for posting a great world map at 3000 pixels.

I'm guessing it would be against the NDA to post a map showing us worldwide where all the goodies are? If not, please indulge us... :D

If the NDA would prevent this, then I'll just humbly ask that somebody could post a resource map as soon as it no longer applies.

I'm crawling the walls waiting for this thing! ;)

NDA? I'm not under any NDAs :) On the other hand I don't want to pixel the map with all resources etc :)

The flag template. You make one flag which you paste in 4 times side by side in the document. Make sure that the mask set is at the top of the layer order and then save as BMP. This is the format used in HoI for the flags.

The map: The largest map picture posted is less than 1/3 of the mape we use to generate the ingame map. It is 10000+ px in width IIRC.

Patric

Are you teasing me Patric?

well, if you prefer not to post a map with the resources drawn on it, how about a simple text list of what is where? That way, we could all meditate properly on our respective future paths to World Domination?

Any chance we could get that? :D

:we are not worthy:

...but a resource map would be beautiful, if you did feel like indulging us further :D

Originally posted by Patric
Using Netscape? Johan had the same problem and he was using NS. No idea why it doesn't understand a normal link...

Patric

I finally used Explorer 5.5 to d/l even though my isp is not suppose to work with it...oh well whatever works...thanks btw good lookin maps and graphics...

Euro-centric...

The map looks wonderful... but, of course, it is a Euro-centric view of the world. While this is great for the European war, it's hard to utilize such a map for "planning" etc. for the Pacific War. Perhaps someone out there is motivated enough to alter the map to provide a Pacific-centric and an American-centric version, for those of us planning on taking on the USA as Japan, or trying to fight the 2-front war as USA.