• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Province cultures and rebels with a cause like in EU3, a bit of "La Resistance" would do HOI a world of "good".

Hell Yeah!

I must also echo the call for the beefing up on the AI. Send that little bastard to tac school damn it!

Lord Binky said:
I'm up for just about anything that will lower micro management. Seriously, keep micro down. Please.

That wouldn't be in the spirit of countries like Germany and Russia though!

Make the game nice and hard, thought provoking and fun.

I would like some limited upgrades of naval ships as well. And perhaps a better naval model. I loved naval fights in HoI2, however I was always far bettered prepared than the AI was for them and usually just trounced the UK with one decent SAG out in the Atlantic...

- A more flexible event system that always offers at least two choices. This way players will be able to more effectively lead their country towards an ahistorical path.
- More generic events for ahistorical games, minor countries and all political directions. This includes regular elections for all democratic countries.
- Propaganda for your own country. Instead of only influencing other nations, influence public opinion in your own nation for the cost of money and a dissent hit. This way one could e.g. make slider moves more often than once per year, though only within the limits of the current policies.
- Flexible leader and tech team skill system. Possibly also new techteams (e.g. naval teams for former landlocked countries). The more powerful a nation becomes, the more it can spend on education and training, thus raising skills.
- Possibility to gain blueprints by capturing the enemy capital and by capturing equipment (which of course would have to be analyzed first).
- Better warscore system, that takes the value of a province into account, instead of giving a generic 1% per province, and where 100% actually means total occupation of a country. Thus it will be possible to actually negotiate a peace where you can keep all occupied territories.

I would love just a statistics page with more depth. The statistics really just brings me into the the game. When damage is done to fighter squadrons, it translates it into a number of planes shot down, and records it. Same thing with armoured divisions and infantry units. It just adds a bit of flavour.

makes no sense ... you couldn't tell Rommel or anyone else, whom he has to marry ... and what for ? it is for a timeperiod of around max 20 years ... so when you force him to marry and have fun with his wife, you will have for the last year a 19 year old teen ... so what ?

Mao said:
i would like to see family trees in generals like CK, so as to decide who to marry rommel and inheritance issues

... So I'll make Rommel marry Guderian whose son will be the Panzer Leader and commander of two Panzer Korps whose loyalty he has inherited ...

Rather not, I'd say. ;)

Fix the absurd submarine and aerial warfare please.

The counter based scheme just does not work properly. Having your entire uboot flotilla wiped out in matter of days or hours because there happens to be a task force in the same seazone which can magically detect all the subs in a huge expanse of of sea and attack them at simultaneously. Or that the dispersed wolfpacks can warp into vicinity of the said task force to attack them.

Same goes for air farce where your bomber and fighter groups have the ability to be only in one place at one time and have aerial battles that go on nonstop for days.. :wacko:

Both really require area of effect-based approach for reasonable implementation. I know that doesn't appeal to micromanagement junkies but since Paradox has been reducing the mouseclicking game with each new game and add-on, it seems likely majority of customers do not want extreme micro.

One thing I'm really concerned about right now is the combat system. While HOI 2's "movement is attack" was a great start, its execution was a bit less. Mods like TRP were necessary to really bring warfare alive, mostly because they'd at least spend more time fighting than moving. In vanilla, most combat was decided in a matter of hours, after which the divisions moved into a new province, rinse and repeat. This gave more of a medieval feel to the combat than a fluid, constant battle along the whole line. The aforementioned TRP manages to greatly lengthen the battles (which is nothing but realistic), meaning that once combat is over the attackers almost immediately arrive, and combat simply continues in the next province. It also required much more careful planning and use of airpower, since attacking without ample units would allow the AI to reinforce and drag on the battle into eternity.

To be serious then, i would like to see a complete game when it is released and not waiting another 3-4 months for patch 1.x + mods to be playable. So take your time Paradox.

Oh and i dont want to see something so simple like Rome.

Besides that i am sure Paradox will work so hard for this game that the result will please most of us.

Mao said:
So take your time Paradox.

Agreed. Given that we have to wait over a year for it anyway, nobody would mind if it was postponed a couple of months.

Mao said:
i would like to see family trees in generals like CK, so as to decide who to marry rommel and inheritance issues

Lol I can see the message log.
"Hitler has gained the trait intestinal worms."
"Borman has gained the trait depressed."
"Speer and Borman are now rivals"

Status
Not open for further replies.