• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nocchi575

Captain
72 Badges
Dec 18, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Vikings
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
Saw a few people in the Q&A thread saying it was, but it crashes when I try to launch it.

Last edited:
The SVN's been compatible with 3.1 since the day 3.1 was released. The manual and Workshop releases both still require 3.0.1.1

Well. That's annoying,

The main reason I don't like it is the lack of a changelog. It's hard to know when something changes and I do not like surprises as a rule of thumb

The main reason I don't like it is the lack of a changelog. It's hard to know when something changes and I do not like surprises as a rule of thumb
On the contrary, the SVN revision logs are more detailed than the release logs could ever be.

On the contrary, the SVN revision logs are more detailed than the release logs could ever be.

Yeah I love SVN's log system! Makes it so easy to know the exact file changes and usually comes with a short summary of the changes too.

if you ask the client, there is a change-log for it.
Almost always it's clear and useful, and when it's blank I just assume it's minor corrects and nothing I need worry about.

Its interesting to read too.

Dead ass, if you use Turtle SVN like the post recommends, it tells you specific file and pretty accurate changelogs. IMO no reason not to get the SVN, it's much better. I just wish I could keep it up to date AND delete the extra folders I don't need. ;)

I have a potentially idiotic question, but what is SVN? I keep seeing it and I can't seem to figure out what it is.
Someone else already posted a sticky to the appropriate thread, but in summary for you and anyone else with a similar question: the SVN (short for Apache Subversion, a program for designers and coders) is the internal development build of Elder Kings and indeed many other mods. SVNs work by letting multiple people coordinate on a project across vast distances, like a Github that allows you to automatically update whatever project you're working on with all the approved forks and modifications made by other developers. Since Elder Kings takes a long time to prepare major releases the SVN development build was made public, allowing people to play the mod while it's still in development and assist in testing.

Getting an SVN running requires a little bit of legwork, and any in-development build of the mod is sure to have various bugs, savefile issues and so on, but it's the fastest way to get Elder Kings running on the latest official CK2 patch without waiting for a major mod release or rolling back the game version.