• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Korbah

Ratel
137 Badges
Mar 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
If you'd like access to the very latest work being performed on the modification, you may use the following details to access our development repository.
This access is an “at your own risk” situation, if by accessing the svn you manage to screw up your PC or CK2 installation we offer no warranty or guarantee. The version you will be accessing is the currently in development version and as such may have bugs and will definitely have work-in-progress systems and features.

To access the SVN you'll need a client, we recommend TortoiseSVN as it's free and relatively user friendly. Also make sure you have at least 3.5 gigabytes free on the drive with your mod folder,

Once installed, create a new folder in your mod folder (called EKSVN) and right click it. Choose SVN Checkout and input the following details;

URL:
Code:
https://svn.elderkings.de/ElderKings

Username:
Code:

Password:
Code:
kimupayo

The svn version will then download; this may take some time and you may have regularly stoppages due to traffic or other unforeseen issues.
Once the download is completed you will need to head into the EKSVN folder and place a copy of the ESM.mod file in your mod directory alongside the EKSVN folder. If you're not using EKSVN as the name of the folder you will need to open that .mod file up with a text editor and change the "path" line appropriately.

You should now have an installed copy of the ElderKings SVN Development version which we in no way guarantee will work.

NOTE #1: We do not offer support beyond these instructions on setting up the SVN access, if you can't figure it out from this post you likely shouldn't be playing around with development versions anyway.

NOTE #2: Any SaveGames made with the SVN version may be rendered incompatible by the following day or potentially even the same day as you made them. This is just one of the things you'll have to get over if you're going to be updating regularly from the SVN version. If you want to continue a single game, DO NOT UPDATE until you are done with the game.

NOTE #3: This is read only access, if you want to have commit access we'd love to have you drop by the Steam Group chat and join the team, we can always use more hands on deck.

NOTE#4: We don't really use the Steam Group to chat anymore, announcements will still be posted there when necessary so still feel free to join however the team can mostly now be found in our Discord.

I did indeed forget the username. >.>

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Alright, quick question, it requests a username and password after I put in the URL: and press okay, that is where I should use kimupayo?

Oh well Korbah to the rescue once again. Downloading now, looking forward to playing and contributing with any bug finds. I wish I could help more but my experience encpasses editing some files to change the portrait change ages and making it so any building in my demesne are insta-build but considering I have so much free time on my hands I would be willing to learn if it helps my favorite mod to get released.

And if you're downloading from a Linux device, all you need is to have svn installed, and run this somewhere:

Code:
svn co https://svn.elderkings.de/ElderKings --username guest

-> then input the password.

Reactions:
Oh well Korbah to the rescue once again. Downloading now, looking forward to playing and contributing with any bug finds. I wish I could help more but my experience encpasses editing some files to change the portrait change ages and making it so any building in my demesne are insta-build but considering I have so much free time on my hands I would be willing to learn if it helps my favorite mod to get released.
Come on by the group chat ;)

I don't care if this mod brings my computer to life and murders me; at least I died knowing Elder Kings is finally in a half-playable state! Woo!

Reactions:
'Access to '/ElderKings/!svn/me' forbidden'?

Does this require portrait packs? I notice that the Nords have disappeared from their portraits.

Last edited:
Welp. That sucks. Which ones in particular?
I also found this problem at the start as I disable the ones who's portraits i don't like, after enabling these it fixed the problem however a fix for before and after enabling these portraits will be to edit which graphical gfx they are using in the cultures text file. For example the nords use the nordic portaits but you can simply edit the text so they use the ones the imperials use.
Original:
EK Culture Original.png
Edited:
EK Culture Edited.png

Attachments

• EK Culture Edited.png
    EK Culture Edited.png
    229 KB · Views: 47
Welp. That sucks. Which ones in particular?

African (Redguard peoples)
Norse (Nords, Skaal, Atmorans)
Indian (Islanders)
Mongol (Akaviri)
Celtic (Bretons)
Russian (Reachmen)
Nibeneans and Imperials use... southerngfx which I can't remember if that's a DLC anymore or if it came free in a patch.

The Old Gods is needed to play as the Khajiit too (as they use the Zoroastrian interface). The Republic is needed to play as Republics naturally. Any features and events tied to other DLCs also require them of course but the mod should still run if you don't have them (just those features won't work).

Hmm, for some reason cyroodil and hammerfell have all black flags as their county flags (and the kingdoms and duchies too, same with morrowind) but everywhere else is normal, Odd, I thought I wouldn't see that again now that I had a proper pc.

Edit: Scratch that, it's all of tamriel apart from valenwood, skyrim and alinor, and while they do not have black flags, they do have seemingly random ones, like a zoroastrian symbol, and other oddities.

Last edited:
I find it quite odd that, the economy sucks everywhere but the Imperial Isle and that is just wierd as it is not to only rich part of the world.
So is there any reason for this?