• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm seeing odd behavior in an Armageddon 1.3 latest beta game. Playing as Italy with tech team takeover and using the Research Calculator, it appears my tech teams are not updating properly. I'm in 1943, but I only have the tech teams I started with plus whatever ones I've gotten by annexing countries. The tech teams that should appear as time rolls on do not appear. For example, Research Calculator suggests Giovanni Messe to research a doctrine in 1943, but he's not available to choose in the list in game.

Any suggestions?

Not sure if I installed this mod correctly but if so I'm a little confused..

I entered "event 70000" and get the SMEP welcome screen so I believe it is installed properly however as Italy I'm playing a 1936 GC and it's now Oct 1940 and I think I've gotten a grand total of 4 events, all standard ones I believe and didn't even get the "Vichy France" event even though continental France has been completely conquered for some time.

Is Vichy France removed completely from the SMEP mod? Are there events that I'm not getting or is it working correctly?

Not sure if I installed this mod correctly but if so I'm a little confused..

I entered "event 70000" and get the SMEP welcome screen so I believe it is installed properly however as Italy I'm playing a 1936 GC and it's now Oct 1940 and I think I've gotten a grand total of 4 events, all standard ones I believe and didn't even get the "Vichy France" event even though continental France has been completely conquered for some time.

Is Vichy France removed completely from the SMEP mod? Are there events that I'm not getting or is it working correctly?

I suspect a bad install. If you are able, reinstall HoI2 1.3b and then install SMEP.

hi, is there anyone who fully incorporated SMEP and DAIM ? I saw compability file several pages before and will try that..here my question; latest SMEP version included CCIP AI for china, does DAIM changes that ? I asked because in DAIM china is just doomed so I don't want this to happen in DAIM-SMEP mod either.

Seriously want this mod for AOD.

So am I. So, anyone tried SMEP in AOD? Or else, is this mod technically compatible with AOD?

It is not fully compatible with AoD, but it looks like some people still has managed to get it working with a few glitches.

I would love an AoD update for this mod. Actually, I'd be willing to chip in to buy Atruejedi a copy of AoD if that would help.

Yeah, I can't really stand to play AoD because I go and do things I'm not supposed to -- like Bitter Peace with Turkey in my alliance -- and get a terrible, terrible surrender event that gives the soviets back all the territory Turkey held.

... seriously.

So, like the others above, I'd be quite happy to kick in some to get a copy of AoD for ATrueJedi and AFalseJedi so they can make it work. (=

-Atma

Hello, I'm playing SMEP and I get this problem 18th june 1944

r1y0ep.png

Anyone know what the problem is?

EDIT: 1944, not 43 >_< I am playing as Germany invading Soviet btw. And I have both DD and Armageddon.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm playing SMEP and I get this problem 18th june 1944

r1y0ep.png

Anyone know what the problem is?

EDIT: 1944, not 43 >_< I am playing as Germany invading Soviet btw. And I have both DD and Armageddon.

hi, this is a known error in SMEP regarding Iceland independence event in June 1944. just replace ICL AI file with this one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qw5hdv5jzat

hi, this is a known error in SMEP regarding Iceland independence event in June 1944. just replace ICL AI file with this one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qw5hdv5jzat

Thank you, it works now! Awesome mod, by the way. But is it normal that Japan hasn't done pearl harbour or anything yet... ? The only country they are at war with is Soviet, and they've created Nanjing China and stuff. I'm considering inviting them into Axis (it will make them attack PH)

Good news. Thanks to a generous and anonymous donation of Arsenal of Democracy to me via GamersGate, I am now in possession of the game and can begin converting SMEP for use with AOD. The process has begun, but it's a little overwhelming at this point because of all the changes made to the game. Particularly daunting is re-adapting the CCIP for use with SMEP... unless the original author makes an AOD version.

Has anyone noticed any big changes I should be aware of? For example, has the AI changed drastically in any ways? SMEP used to sleep alot of vanilla AI events... might remove the sleepings if AOD improved them significantly. Any changes to typical country events? What about the map? Any IC/resource changes? Any advice/input is appreciated :)

I've already managed to get SMEP working in AOD but it isn't guaranteed to work perfectly. If anyone is interested I'll give it an upload.

I'm no expert here(You'd be better off going to make a topic on the AoD boards), but resources are about the same. IC's a whole different kettle of fish since there's more to spend it on and retooling times and a bunch of other stuff. The AI's been tweaked, though the events are about the same as Doomsday, not many changes there.

SMEP for AoD? Yes please. I was planning to release my own surrender event mod for AoD sometimes in September, but if you're doing SMEP for it... I won't make mine.