• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
grallonsphere said:
Since installing this mod I started getting a "database mismatch" error msg when launching a new game or loading an existing one. The game doesn't crash and save normally but I get this msg every single time.

I should say that instead of using the modtext.csv file I appended the general event.csv file instead. And yes I checked for the EOF lines, there are only 2, at the end, as it should be.

G/.

Then why don't you just use the separate modtext.csv file, then you won't have that problem

grallonsphere said:
Blah blah blah - kindly remain quiet if you have nothing to offer.
Hey, steady. There's no need for that. You asked for advice, you got it. Whether or not you solved the problem yourself in the meantime is irrelevant.

I found another potential bug ... My son's parental upbringing trait was shed as early as 5 years old ... does not make sense, and the description is "Child loses leprosy".

Yes, I also encountered the event of getting realm duress after getting knocked on the head.

Many interesting events haven't fired though in my game ...

Durante said:
Is this modification compatible with 1.05?

Like already a few times mentioned in this thread, yes :)

There is only a chance that when you get injured in battle you might get the 'realm duress' trait instead of the 'lisp' trait.

Veldmaarschalk said:
Like already a few times mentioned in this thread, yes :)

There is only a chance that when you get injured in battle you might get the 'realm duress' trait instead of the 'lisp' trait.

... and also sickness will worsten into 'rebelliousness' instead of 'worms' :rofl:

Was this mod abandoned?

Somebody could do a fix to solve the problems with 1.05 or maybe even add new things, i'm using the changes already posted but there are still some problems, like the worms issue.

Italian CK players play a different BOPACK version with a SMACK mod revised, reduced and updated included into it.
Few time ago, I asked Solmyr about sharing such version to the forum community, but he answered no. He wishes to modify SMACK by itself.
So I am awaiting a new version from its author, soon or late.

Tabris.BR said:
Was this mod abandoned?

Somebody could do a fix to solve the problems with 1.05 or maybe even add new things, i'm using the changes already posted but there are still some problems, like the worms issue.

I have hotfixed Smack, not that much work. Just don't use the character_health_effects file or the cool courtiers, and comment out or change the traits which changed in 1.05 (leper, intestinal_worm, stutter).

I think I didn't need to do more than a dozen or so edits in total.

I listed that above. Do not use the SMACK version of the health events (needs some heavy revising to cope with 1.05 changes), and comment out the changed traits.

Since I didn't make the mod and don't want to usurp it, I don't think I should be the one to post a hotfixed version. At the least Solmyr's permission is needed.

If you just want the fixed files, send me a PM with your mail address and I'll zip them up and send them your way.

Last edited: