• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does the Infiltrator keep its own original mods when copying another unit? That might offer some interesting synergies, and wouldn't leave it as a "naked" and weak unit copy in the late game.

Does this answer you question?

PpBoEdaX0f9lseN305lqW2pC5fzbj3sxK_gViAclwM35jHi_B9zaa6UEEwM626Eemjq4cEHXGDzHyQNCcdr7DKTlMJOjWz3JS-cUlUeJWgqFrF2zYItAs3SAtRnpRGJrDzIVs2ie

I think that the only thing that might be going for them late game is if they "reset" with each Holoshift. When they "die" as holoshifted, they teleport and are left with a few HP. So now if they survive maybe they can Holoshift again into another unit and at full health? Alas fully modded units can insta-kill an umodded T3 unit at some point in the game :/

Last edited:
Not sure I agree about uselessness of copying unmodded T3. Copying Vanguard tank is getting access to AOE cloak, copying Ravenous is devour, copying T-rex is that aoe roar thingy etc. And all it for a small price of unmodded T2 Infantry. I think that you may rely on Infiltrators as copy-healers at the beginning, but in the late game you can just easily bring a dirt cheap fullstack of them along with your army

For some reason, the last half a dozen replies got deleted or hidden and I can no longer see them. I dunno' if it's because of a forum 'glitch' or side effect of maintenance. Oh well.

To repeat the most recent thing I said, it turns out Infiltrators cannot copy T3 units ever as Tom said in the first Invasions stream. Hope your opponent isn't able to bring fully-T3 stacks, though if the game does reach that point, there's probably other much worse things to worry about than being able to copy their units.

Also, I'll admit it's still useful to copy units like the PUG, Hidden, Transcendent and Biomancer. A pity that you won't be able to properly copy the enemies' all-beefed-up Jetpack Troopers and stagger resistant Lancers and etc., which will still be a bit of a problem in the late game, especially if you end up facing an opponent that only builds those kinds of stacks. In which case, I'll be more glad that I built Deadeyes and Raiders over Infiltrators.

Anyways, in other news, it turns out I was wrong about a previous speculation that the Shakarn naval unit will be scrapped or absent despite appearing in the concept art. As they do still have one, the 'Seeker'. Probably no T3 ship though, much like the Syndicate.

Attachments

• 2345768968.png
    2345768968.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
No worries, you've basically summed up the most important points)
It's really a pity about T3s, though. Kinda really makes Inifiltrators not worth building after you've got some mods for your main troops