• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One idea we also floated with Artfactial is that we could have a third mod containing the HD textures, etc. So we would basically remove the HD textures from the main mod, cutting a lot of its memory load, and put everything in the 3rd mod. The 3rd mod would require the Content mod, and would link the textures to the models.
That way, people can decide to play with the textures or not and if they don't, they can then use other high-memory load mods in their games, without crashing.

What do everyone think about that idea?

Also, personally I prefer the WIP III with the Frost Dragon and without the ghost wings. I feel the ghost wings are "too much" and too visible in the WIP IV. I'm not sure about Obsidian vs Frost as I'm not clear what the difference is, but overall it doesn't feel as good for WIP IV as for WIP III in my opinion.

I agree that the ghost wings show too much on WIP IV, but I'll wait and see if Artfactial can tweak that.
I like the shape of the Ghosted Obsidian Body, but because it shows more, the Ghosting is too prominent.

I've linked the new MCU icons for the forgotten thrones. There were 8 icons and only 6 MCU's so I just kind of picked what seemed possibly appropriate. Is there a key for them?

Also, the elder dragon skin has been applied. Not sure exactly which version was in the mod folder.

My plan is to shoot for another release on Monday or Tuesday next week. I should be able to work on more of the issues later this week.

What do everyone think about that idea?

Works for me.

I don't want to tell Artfactial they have to stop being awesome.

I second that! Also, going to echo the sentiment for WIP IV. I really like the texture and ghosting in that one, but darker and/or more transparent purple effect might look better.

Good to hear that the separate textures module is an option, although this should stop me from being conservative in memory use.
I tweaked the ghosting of the Obsidian dragon a bit; the Frost Dragon mesh is pre-painted so the coloring comes out differently.
I added a ghosting to the wings and wing membrane, although I still am kind of on the fence about the latter.
62D883E4A11899EF70B1848497CB7738EE9BA3F2

The difference between the two ghosting meshes is kind of hard to tell with the ghosting being dynamic as it is, so I suggest a look at the updated clb in the dropbox for a better comparison.:)
The current version uses 1024px normal maps again.

Unless there is anything that I should hold off for, I'm going to push an update to the workshop for the Content mod tomorrow evening (~2300 GMT).

I don't think the RMG mod has been updated since the last update, but I'll double check on that and push that one as well.

I've fixed the Forgotten Throne MCU icons links, and fixed the Privateer damage/abilities (medals are still problematic though).

I'm still working on the campaign and currently scenario 3B is being scripted and nowhere near a completion.

Scenario 1,2 and 3a has quite substanial content and fixes added. So would be great for the steam players this update :) So nothing on my side for holding an update

RMG and Content mod are updated in the workshop.

I accidentally overwrote the RMG description with the Content mod description, but reverted it to what I remember it being. Let me know if there was any other info that was in it which is now missing.

I'm probably going to add the full descriptions to acp files at some point so I don't have to copy it in to the mod when pushing it to steam since it will override the Title and Description in the workshop with whatever is in the mod file.

I accidentally overwrote the RMG description with the Content mod description, but reverted it to what I remember it being. Let me know if there was any other info that was in it which is now missing.

You can find it here with Google Cache: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ty.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1566255077
This mod only adds the Shadow Realm Layer and other content from the Shadow Realm Expansion - Content mod into the RMG for random map games.

Unfortunately, the advanced settings options during RMG setup are hard coded, so the new layer and climates will not show up there.

Required Mods:
- Decodence Map Editor Content
- Decodence RMG
- Shadow Realm Expansion - Content

BETA WARNING
----------
The Shadow Realm Community Expansion is currently in open beta! Most of the planned content is included, but all is not yet finalized. There may also be some game breaking bugs. The campaign is still a work in progress. Scenarios 2 and 3 are still under development.

In particular, when you switch the expansion ON or OFF, please use the "Restore default" option in the first screen when starting a new RMG map. Otherwise you'll probably experience crashes. Theoretically, this should have been fixed in version 1.802, see here

There is a list of known issues on the official forums here[forum.paradoxplaza.com]. Reports of any other issues are more than welcome!

Anyone interested in helping with the continued development of this expansion can drop by this thread[forum.paradoxplaza.com] on the official forums. All ability levels welcome!
----------

we could have a third mod containing the HD textures, etc. So we would basically remove the HD textures from the main mod, cutting a lot of its memory load, and put everything in the 3rd mod. The 3rd mod would require the Content mod, and would link the textures to the models.
It seems the idea has support, so let's do that.
@Artfactial: I'd still pay a lot of attention to keeping .clb small in any case because it doesn't remove the 32 bit memory load issue.

Can someone please create the "Shadow Realm Visuals" (or similar name) mod with a new .acp and make it require the Content mod? Then the new Elder creatures' .clb can be moved there, the links removed on the Content mod, and added back in the Visuals mod.

Following up on development issues...

Phoenix
See https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...sion-development.1123354/page-6#post-25244792
So based on the opinions expressed, I confirm the Elder Phoenix as a distinct unit on the Wikia. I note the idea of making a blue retexture in the to do list.

Forgotten Throne projected climate/overlay
See https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...sion-development.1123354/page-4#post-24914077
Still no consensus on Inioch and Nimue's projections.

Defender sets
Mana Nodes, Crystal Tree, Flowrock Quarry, Forbidden Sanctum, Tomb, Vault of Knowledge, Wizard Tower Ruins all require additional defender sets (or edits to current ones) for their Shadow Realm version. Please share ideas!

Ideas from Refineus (agreement from Link777):
Crystal Tree
First set: 1 Draconian apprentice, 1 Phantasm warrior, 2 Lightning sprites, Node Serpent
Second set: 1 Shadow Elf apprentice, 1 Phantasm warrior, 2 Lightning sprites, Node Serpent

Forbidden Sanctum
First Set: 1 Shadow Elf apprentice, 2 Mature Shock Serpent, 3 Lightning sprites,
Second set: 2 Shadow Demon Harvester, 1 Shadow Elf Shaman, 1 Eldritch Horror, 1 Shadow demon lord
Third set: 1 Archon Avenger, 2 Ancestral Spirits, 1 Shrine of Smithing, 1 Shadow Elf Exalted, 1 Archon saint

Flowrock Quarry
2 Shadow Elf Engineers, 1 Musketeer, 1 Lightning cannon,

Syron Tomb
First Set: 1 Archon Avenger, 2 Archon Archer, 1 Archon Legionary, 2 Archon Saint,
Second Set: 2 Archon Footsoldier, 1 Archon Archer, 2, Archon Saint, 1 Archon Titan

Roamer set
Would also be good to have a 2nd roamer set for Warband Campfire similar to its 2nd defender set https://age-of-wonders-3.fandom.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Warband_Campfire I think the easiest is to simply copy/paste the same units for a 2nd roamer set, so that SE units can roam, and not just Scoundrels and Lesser Shadow Walkers.
Opinions?

PROPOSAL 1:
Shadow Elf Touched, Shadow Elf Night Guard, Shadow Elf Arcane Archer, Shadow Elf Infused
FOR: Hiliadan, HousePet, Draxynnic (would be weird to have units not from the defender set spawning)

PROPOSAL 2: Umbral Weaver, Nightguard, Scoundrels
FOR: Refineus, HousePet

PROPOSAL 3: Lesser Shadow Stalker and some non-rogue draconian units
FOR: HousePet

Last edited:
Roamer set
Would also be good to have a 2nd roamer set for Warband Campfire similar to its 2nd defender set https://age-of-wonders-3.fandom.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Warband_Campfire I think the easiest is to simply copy/paste the same units for a 2nd roamer set, so that SE units can roam, and not just Scoundrels and Lesser Shadow Walkers.
Opinions?

I believe 1 Umbral Weaver, 1 Nightguard, 2 Scoundrels can work as a set.

Defender sets
Mana Nodes, Crystal Tree, Flowrock Quarry, Forbidden Sanctum, Tomb, Vault of Knowledge, Wizard Tower Ruins all require additional defender sets (or edits to current ones) for their Shadow Realm version. Please share ideas!

Crystal Tree

First set: 1 Draconian apprentice, 1 Phantasm warrior, 2 Lightning sprites, Node Serpent
Second set: 1 Shadow Elf apprentice, 1 Phantasm warrior, 2 Lightning sprites, Node Serpent

Forbidden Sanctum

First Set: 1 Shadow Elf apprentice, 2 Mature Shock Serpent, 3 Lightning sprites,
Second set: 2 Shadow Demon Harvester, 1 Shadow Elf Shaman, 1 Eldritch Horror, 1 Shadow demon lord
Third set: 1 Archon Avenger, 2 Ancestral Spirits, 1 Shrine of Smithing, 1 Shadow Elf Exalted, 1 Archon saint

Flowrock Quarry
2 Shadow Elf Engineers, 1 Musketeer, 1 Lightning cannon,

Syron Tomb
First Set: 1 Archon Avenger, 2 Archon Archer, 1 Archon Legionary, 2 Archon Saint,
Second Set: 2 Archon Footsoldier, 1 Archon Archer, 2, Archon Saint, 1 Archon Titan

Might figure out something more later.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay on getting back around to work on this.

Syron Tomb

Currently, I believe the Syron Tomb is just lableled "Tomb" but only shows up on the Shadow Layer. So it might be a bit weird having non-undead defender sets. However, I did not check to see what it currently has as a defender set (it might not actually be undead)

One note on the other defender sets. If we want to use lightning sprite for situations that aren't just the summon, then I don't believe that we can add in the countdown attribute in the unit panel on lightning sprites since it would have to be added on the base unit itself. I don't believe we can add a custom ability when the summon happens.

Initially I compared the original sets of defenders. Took lightning sprite instead of wisps etc.

For the living Archon defenders. Are they not supposed to be in Shadow Realm?

Initially I compared the original sets of defenders. Took lightning sprite instead of wisps etc.

I like the idea to changing things up a bit.

For the living Archon defenders. Are they not supposed to be in Shadow Realm?

I should have been a little clearer. I was mostly figuring they wouldn't hang around Syron Tombs that behave in the same way as normal Tombs with the Greater Reanimate Dead battlefield enchantment.

It seems like the living Archons would end up in the Forbidden Sanctum, and the Shadow Demons might be a better fit to hang around the Syron Tomb.

However, there is one thing that I just noticed. The battlefield enchantment that a structure has is not actually tied to the structure but to the Adventure Set (Defender Set). So we could give different defender sets different battlefield enchantments.

One example being the Undead Syron Tomb defender set gets the Reanimation enchantment, while the Archon defender set gets something like Great Reawakening or Mass Bless, etc.

Opinion of HousePet:
As for Roamers, I'm not really sure how the system works. I always seem to see the same Roamers. Can more than one list be added via having multiple Adventure set options? [note from Hiliadan: I don't remember the technical details but yes we can have multiple roamer sets]
If that is the case, I'm happy for non-rogue unit SEs to Roam and attack as well.
Could even have a third set with: Lesser Shadow Stalker and some non-rogue draconian units.
Just don't have a set with Lesser Shadow Stalker and Shadow Elf Infused. Its supposed to be a Warband Camp, not a horrible incorporeal enemies Spawner XD