• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I remembered that I could open it properly before. Has there been any recent changes or removal of old sites? Otherwise I usally can open mostt of things due to powerful cpu.

I've not had a problem opening it before, but it could have been some problems with cached/loaded versions of the SR mods. I was going to attempt to fix the Lost Privateer unit by moving it to a different rpk, but remembered that there is one on the testing realm map after saving the delete. So I deleted the entire mod directory and unzipped the downloaded version again, and couldn't open the map in the editor at all. No matter what I deleted and what programs I restarted, it kept crashing on load.

Whenever you get a chance to, can you verify that it still works for you? As long as it can still be loaded by someone else, the issues are definitely on my end.

Also, can you remove the Lost Privateer unit on the map (top left corner, stack banner present, but unit below it) if you get to do that before I figure out why it wouldn't load for me?

The unit exists in the mod still, but it shouldn't be able to be built (MCU still available) since the game crashes when entering tactical combat with that unit. Hopefully moving it to the reef colony rpk will fix whatever can't be loaded in-game for the unit.

I've not had a problem opening it before, but it could have been some problems with cached/loaded versions of the SR mods. I was going to attempt to fix the Lost Privateer unit by moving it to a different rpk, but remembered that there is one on the testing realm map after saving the delete. So I deleted the entire mod directory and unzipped the downloaded version again, and couldn't open the map in the editor at all. No matter what I deleted and what programs I restarted, it kept crashing on load.

Whenever you get a chance to, can you verify that it still works for you? As long as it can still be loaded by someone else, the issues are definitely on my end.

Also, can you remove the Lost Privateer unit on the map (top left corner, stack banner present, but unit below it) if you get to do that before I figure out why it wouldn't load for me?

The unit exists in the mod still, but it shouldn't be able to be built (MCU still available) since the game crashes when entering tactical combat with that unit. Hopefully moving it to the reef colony rpk will fix whatever can't be loaded in-game for the unit.

It's still worked. The Lost Privateer was "invisible" and I removed it and resaved the map.

I'm glad that didn't end up corrupted. I'll figure out what's happening on my end, if I still can't open it. Then I'll try to recreate the Lost Privateer unit.

So I'm an idiot and didn't realize I didn't have the needed mods checked in the launcher before starting the editor. Thus, it crashed when it tried to load the testing map :p

I've added the stats for the Elder Creatures, and recreated the Lost Privateer and everything seems to be working with it.

I still need to add the new abilities for the Spider and the Privateer. Does the Geyser in Eomolch's mod actually bounce the unit around, or does it just transport it like Pandemonium? I haven't looked into what options are available for stuff like that.

So I'm an idiot and didn't realize I didn't have the needed mods checked in the launcher before starting the editor. Thus, it crashed when it tried to load the testing map :p

I've added the stats for the Elder Creatures, and recreated the Lost Privateer and everything seems to be working with it.

I still need to add the new abilities for the Spider and the Privateer. Does the Geyser in Eomolch's mod actually bounce the unit around, or does it just transport it like Pandemonium? I haven't looked into what options are available for stuff like that.

Good that it solved the problems eventually for you.

I added a picture to upload for the steam workshop at the dropbox. It's the campaign screen.

I was wondering about the "Chaos rift" we have currently added recently as enemy spawner if it could be turned into chaos node as we had in AOW:SM. When the spawner is cleared it could be turned into a random node.

http://aow2.heavengames.com/aowsm/library/scenariodesign/section2/things/power_node.shtml

"he Chaos Node is similar to the random power node in that it generates a power node of a random magic realm type. However, the node type is not determined at the beginning of the game, but rather when a player captures the node. The magic realm type that the Chaos Node becomes is the same type as the magic realm of the capturing player. Once converted, all features of a power node apply for the Chaos Node."

I was wondering about the "Chaos rift" we have currently added recently as enemy spawner if it could be turned into chaos node as we had in AOW:SM. When the spawner is cleared it could be turned into a random node.

I'm not sure this is possible. The only auto-change to a structure that I remember seeing is "Destroy on Explore", but I could be forgetting something. Might be able to script it to replace with a normal mana node or something on exploration, but I'm not sure on that.

The best we could do is to grant a unit which can be used to construct a Mana Node.
Its not a great solution.

I've been thinking about increasing the strength of the starting defenders and decreasing the spawned enemies growth rate, to make it a bit different to Larval Pools.
That way you have a claimable source of Casting Points later on for when you want it, but you still want to clear out those Larval Pools before they eat everything.

Since "Chaos Rift" is the name of a spell, we should change the name a bit. I'm thinking Mana Rift or Magic Rift. I don't think "Node" should be used since it doesn't behave like a Node.

(I'm also struggling not to extract a certain model from a certain game and recolouring it because it would look closer to the AoW:2 ones. Damn you, You-know-who!)

Since "Chaos Rift" is the name of a spell, we should change the name a bit. I'm thinking Mana Rift or Magic Rift. I don't think "Node" should be used since it doesn't behave like a Node.

In the Wikia, it's called Magic Rift so should we confirm this name? https://age-of-wonders-3.fandom.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Magic_Rift

Regarding the Phoenix available through the Forgotten Throne's MCU, there were two options:
Phoenix 1/ make all Phoenix neutral and Summon Phoenix gives Dedicated to Good to the unit
FOR: Hiliadan
Phoenix 2/ make our Phoenix a "Neutral Phoenix" which doesn't have Dedicated to Good
FOR: Refineus (+ make it blue?), Dr_K, Mentat (+ visually different)

What's everyone's opinion?

I'm following up on the last development questions raised (see https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...sion-development.1123354/page-4#post-24914077).
Infused's armour
I'm updating the description: "unarmored" to "lightly armored" (done in the Wikia and the .xml).

Archons
So they get Shadow Walker and True Sight as racial traits.

Forgotten Throne projected climate/overlay
We still do not have consensus or a clear majority on this topic.

Also, I'm adding the "Elder" trait to the Elder units, to give them +50% upkeep.

Last edited:
Frozen Beauty (Frost Cavern): Elder Frost Dragon
+ 12 HP
- 1 def
+ 1 res
- 2 phys, -1 frost melee
+ Explosive Ice Death
+ Arctic Concealment
+ Pledge of Protection
+ Dome of Frost
+ Ice Nova
+ Path of Frost (Veteran)

I think I forgot to write "- Frost Breath" just like the Elder Bone Dragon. The idea is that the Elder Dragon does not have a ranged attack but can freeze his opponents with Ice Nova + Inflict Freezing Cold at Elite, and act more like a support unit in any case.

Regarding the Lost Privateer, I suggest a few model upgrades:
- remove the pistol
- replace the sword by an Assassin one. I see SE Assassins have claws attached to their arm, maybe use this on one arm? Though not sure it can be separated from the arm of the SE model.
- make him more incorporeal: not sure if we can do something to make it look like more a Phantasm Warrior for instance?
- add a hood or a cloak?

Forgotten Throne projected climate/overlay
Here is an update of the proposal:
Frozen Beauty Forgotten Throne (Artica) -Arctic
Scarlet Destroyer Forgotten Throne (Yaka) - Tropical
Earthen Mother Forgotten Throne (Mab) -Wetlands -> Subterranean
Queen of the Spiders Forgotten Throne (Arachna) -Blighted
Skull Lord Forgotten Throne (Nekron) -Volcanic
Fickle Mermaid Forgotten Throne (Nimue) -Wetlands [for: HousePet, Dr_K; against: Hiliadan] -> Temperate (or Autumn [for: Dr_K, Hiliadan, The Mentat; against: ])
Wizard King Forgotten Throne (Inioch) - Temperate [for: HousePet, Dr_K, Hiliadan; against: ] -> Tundra [for: Draxynnic, Hiliadan, The Mentat; against: ] (or Temperate)
If you only consider climates, there are 8 of them for 7 thrones; I'd remove Volcanic and use the remaining seven.
Arachna -> Autumn
Nekron -> Blighted
Nimue -> Temperate
Inioch -> Tundra

Volcanic would have fit Tempest, and Draconians, rather.
Arachna was a Dark Elf mage queen, afaik, and wouldn't have promoted Blight (she is a poison user, not a plague lord).

If you only consider climates, there are 8 of them for 7 thrones; I'd remove Volcanic and use the remaining seven.
Arachna -> Autumn
Nekron -> Blighted
Nimue -> Temperate
Inioch -> Tundra

Volcanic would have fit Tempest, and Draconians, rather.
Arachna was a Dark Elf mage queen, afaik, and wouldn't have promoted Blight (she is a poison user, not a plague lord).

Nah, I disagree.

Tempest would fit Arctic or Tundra rather than volcanic, not only because of fire is not his mastery. He prefers Ice more. Air favours more arctic than volcanic. Volcanic would, however, be something for Yaka.

Regardless of the discussion about the Phoenix. I would either see the phoenix be in blue flame or change the Phoenix into a powerful Watcher. It would thematically fit for the Yaka throne to have a Watcher instead of Phoenix

Phoenix 2/ make our Phoenix a Neutral Phoenix" which doesn't have Dedicated to Good
FOR: Refineus

For technical reasons, we should probably stay with 2 distinct Phoenix units. Dedicated to Good is not the only difference between the two currently. The Phoenix unit added by the SR mod also has the Elder property, increasing it's upkeep. This also gives us the ability to modify the Phoenix that is available through the MCU if desired.

Regardless of the discussion about the Phoenix. I would either see the phoenix be in blue flame or change the Phoenix into a powerful Watcher. It would thematically fit for the Yaka throne to have a Watcher instead of Phoenix

Also not bad ideas. The blue flame might be able to be added by changing the PFX instead of having to do an entire recolouring of the texture. However, the PFX might not be vibrant enough by itself to look like a different color.

- remove the pistol
- replace the sword by an Assassin one. I see SE Assassins have claws attached to their arm, maybe use this on one arm? Though not sure it can be separated from the arm of the SE model.

These should be easy (except the claws for the reason you mention).

- make him more incorporeal: not sure if we can do something to make it look like more a Phantasm Warrior for instance?

We might be able to attach a particle effect for this instead of giving the model itself a glow (or both). However, I'm not exactly sure how the attach points on the models work.

- add a hood or a cloak?

This might require edits to the model. I don't recall any helmets/hoods being separate from the main figures.

MCU Glass Armory

1/ Could it be separated from the passive ability a produced unit gets, as it is the case for most MCUs?

Currently, Glass Furnace in the domain allows for building Glass Armory MCU, and then Infantry and Cavalry units produced in town get the Glass Armory passive ability (+1 physical damage).

Suggestion:
- replace "Glass Armory" ability by "Glass Weapons" and adapt the description accordingly "This unit has +1 [/physical] melee and ranged damage."

2/ Would I be right if I translate "Glass" by "Obsidian" in all these occurrences?

Also not bad ideas. The blue flame might be able to be added by changing the PFX instead of having to do an entire recolouring of the texture .

I've actually always believed that recoloring textures is much easier than changing PFX. I didn't work much on PFX though...

Regardless I think it's a good idea to have a seperate Phoenix that is visually sligthly different.

Its not Obsidian, as its an otherworldly material from the Shadow Realm. The Syron units in AoW:SM frequently had a weapon that looked like it was made of blue glass.
Obsidian is quite fragile, whereas this stuff should be about as strong as forged iron.

I didn't know about the Syron. When you say blue glass, it makes me think about blue obsdidian, a variant of obsidian, and of course about the dragon glass in Game of Thrones, which is blue obsidian. We already know that obsidian weapons can be made very sharp, so I made some research and found out that they have indeed superior hardness, as compared to many metals used in armoury, save for tempered steel.
Tempered steel > Steel = Modern window glass = Obsidian > Iron > Bronze > Copper = Gold = Silver.

Now, I get your point that obsidian is not an otherwordly mineral. Do you remember if the blue glass used by the Syron had a defined name?

https://geology.com/minerals/mohs-hardness-scale.shtml

No, it was never elaborated on in game, that I saw. But the Shadow Realm featured large glowing blue glass like mountains.

Obsidian can be made quite sharp and is very hard, but if you were to try hitting someone with it in combat, it would chip really easily (which makes it great for breaking into lots of little cutting tools).