• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In one word: splendid. If this is the end of the essays, then what a fine way to come full circle. I might start reading from the beginning again, to read what you originally wrote about 'Gropius' in light of your latest revelations. :)

I re-read the AAR myself, not long ago, and my opinion of it improved to the point that I wanted to write more of it. But when you re-read it and find inconsistencies (and you probably will), you can tell me about them and I'll try to explain them (without using the old 'I was really drunk' excuse. :D )

Seriously, the life of Jerome is accurate up to the point that he fled Konstanz. He was actually captured, recanted, wasn't believed, withdrew his recantation and was burned alive at the stake.

We're always told that people didn't travel much in those days, but Jerome certainly got around - Oxfoed, Paris, Prague, Vienna, Jerusalem... an amazing person.

Finally caught up with the new posts in your great Bremen AAR. I have never understood why you were a bit disbelieving towards this AAR but I am glad to read that you have changed your mind.

I find the approach in this AAR to be highly interesting and enjoyable. As readers we are served glimpses from the Bremen chronicles that again and again add new facts and wisdom to how the creation of the Bremen Empire was achieved. First rate work in my opinion. Hopefully there are yet some stories to be told from Bremen or? :)

Judge - Thank you for the kind words. 'Bremen' was fun to write because I could skip around in time and link events from different eras under a single topic.

'Frankenstein' was a logical ending point for the series of essays since it was based on such strong emotions. I didn't expect to write anything else; I thought it would be anti-climactic. And above all, I wanted Gropius to remain a shadowy, mysterious figure.

Ah, well. Conan Doyle killed off Sherlock Holmes and then had to bring him back to life. Revealing the 'true identity' of Gropius is pretty small in comparison. :)

I'm glad you liked the work; some of it was a lot of fun. Passing off absurdities as if they were commonplace (Colonial Corporation, contract slavery, American Revolution of 1860, etc and etc) was wicked fun.

I thought I was done with these essays before, and found I had a little more to talk about. So I won't say it's over... but it probably ends here. I like the format, and may use it if I write another AAR. I recommend the essay form to other authors!

Since this AAR came immediately after 'HistoryPark: Who Wants To Be Napoleon!', it was sort of the anti-Park AAR. No plot, no central characters, no fixed setting - just philosophical discussion of policy. Restful to write, but I thought it was dull. I would be happy to admit I was wrong. :) I'm very glad you enjoyed it.