• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

elucidus4

Recruit
25 Badges
Jun 12, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Just got Battletech on the windows Store as a part of the gamepass and it will not allow me to save, nor will it autosave. This is with or without Ironman. Try reinstalling on another drive and that didn't help. Tried checking the read only status of the save folders, but everything appears fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
I haven't got this edition of the game yet, but in other editions save files are written to:
C:\Users\USER_ID\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BattleTech\C#\SGS#\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Can you check in there whether the file physically exist please?

And Please attach here the game log:
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\LocalLow\Harebrained Schemes\BATTLETECH\output_log.txt

I have the same problem. My Battletech folder doesn't even have the ...\C#\SGS#\ folders in it.

Here is my output log:

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    594,4 KB · Views: 0
I have 3 or 4 reports of this now, so I'm sure it's a bug - sorry about that! I escalated it to Paradox management yesterday, I'll update here when there's any news.

Hi, same issue here with XBox Game Pass Version. No save possible at any point of Campaign. Always greyed out.
Have tried 3 re-installations on different drives. Checked all folders.
Will Paradox look into this issue or do we have to contact MS ?

Also having the same problem. I don't think this should effect anything, but I have my Windows machine setup with the OneDrive options for Documents and Desktop, meaning the Documents folder isn't the default %USERPROFILE%\Documents.

I also noticed the Microsoft AppStore version was behind (1.8.9.0), dont know if that has any bearing

Attachments

• output_log.txt
    31,8 KB · Views: 0
Sorry, no update as yet. I'll push it again tonight.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Perhaps if we all raise a support ticket?
Already did - I would like to start the Campaign again but with no saves possible it doesn't make sense. Already wasted 4 hours before recognizing that no Autosave has been taken and manual save not possible at any point.
@Paradox: I played all 3 Shadowrun titles and never encountered any save problems with your products.