• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

elucidus4

Recruit
25 Badges
Jun 12, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Just got Battletech on the windows Store as a part of the gamepass and it will not allow me to save, nor will it autosave. This is with or without Ironman. Try reinstalling on another drive and that didn't help. Tried checking the read only status of the save folders, but everything appears fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hey Guys, when starting XGP App this evening I saw that Battletech did some kind of Install/Patch.
So I tried to load my Campain Save (just with the name and history before Tutorial starts) and it worked !
So no infinite loading screen anymore. Played throught the first Tutorial Missions until getting on board the Spaceship.
When beginning 1st mission with new Squad (3 years later) I pressed Esc and the Save Button was visible and usable !
So try it out yourself....and have fun !

Reactions:
Sixty more hours pass without news
I got an update on my copy last night. I haven't been able to check it out but I suspect this is the patch we've all been waiting for.

I got an update on my copy last night. I haven't been able to check it out but I suspect this is the patch we've all been waiting for.
I confirm the update does resolve the issue, Why was it not announced on here before hand, Also why has the ticket i raise also not been updated to reflect the resolution.

Was this patch made available for Steam Users as well? i haven't been able to Save/Autosave or anything from end of April. Last time i tried to play was June 10th. I had Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I've tried utilizing the Paradox launcher as well - and i get the same results. I'm trying to validate my files right now on the Steam App, and then will try to Uninstall/Reinstall if necessary.

637090_screenshots_20200504205759_1.jpg

Regular Career Mode. As soon as you start Career Mode you don't have an option to save. Try to play a mission - can't save within the mission. Try to save after completing the mission - can't save.

Was this patch made available for Steam Users as well? i haven't been able to Save/Autosave or anything from end of April. Last time i tried to play was June 10th. I had Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. I've tried utilizing the Paradox launcher as well - and i get the same results. I'm trying to validate my files right now on the Steam App, and then will try to Uninstall/Reinstall if necessary.

View attachment 604816

Regular Career Mode. As soon as you start Career Mode you don't have an option to save. Try to play a mission - can't save within the mission. Try to save after completing the mission - can't save.
The problem discussed in this thread - no save games being created at all - only existed in the Windows store edition. So no, this patch was not released on Steam as there was no need for it there.

Your issue must come from elsewhere, as we know the Steam edition does generally make save files!

Best to make a new thread with details if you still need help.

After searching through the various Forum Threads here and on Steam, and trying different things - discovered that you cannot have greater than 200 total saves against your account (not 200 per campaign/career/sessions). And since i'm a "saver" - i had well over 3,000+ saves against my entire account. After basically deleting everything from old sessions down to the beginning and end saves and removing all the auto saves and manual saves - for 9 different careers and 3 campaigns - i was finally able to fully utilize the game again.

I think it's pretty piss poor to not even be able to save on a regular basis. Prior to the last major patch - this was NOT an issue. And considering that Saving is an issue with both the regular and the Steam versions - maybe doing a fix for the Steam Version would be best? (And the other bugs still happening in game on a regular basis).

I don't think there will be any more patches for this game, I am sorry.

The reason having so many saves cause problems is a Unity issue really; it reads in the header of every save file available so it can display it in the Load menu if needed. 3,000 of those would consume a lot of system resources!

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but all you can really do is manually move saves out at regular intervals to prevent this; I'd recommend under 100 if you can.