• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Gaspard de Montmayeur smiled slightly,

“Holy Emperor of Humanity, the Counts of Savoy does not claim Naples for their own, they merely offered their arm and lance to the righteous cause of restoring Louis of Anjou to his throne, Much like they did for the Greek Emperor. However, they do have some fiefs currently not recognised under their rule, and some of these are included in the Holy Roman Empire. They married into the Marquisate of Montferrat and may consider this a chance to bring this errant province under the rule of a rightful prince of the Empire.”

He bowed again,

“However, my main quest here is to ensure the full support of the Emperor for the succession of the Prince, and support to retain any and all of his possessions against any possible claimants?”

Later that day Emperor accepted Venetian in his audience room. It was rather surprising to see him here again after all negotiations were finished.

Welcome our Venetian friend, pray tell me, why are you asking for audience with Us? There is much to be done and very little time, please go straight to the point.

*During audience with envoy from savoy*

Ah yes, that's exactly what we meant. Louis has our full support. Now ta ta.

castilla_y_leon_flag-t.gif

*A letter arrives sealed with sigil of Castilla y Leon*

Vaclav IV, by god's grace King of Bohemia, Margrave of Moravia, Duke of Luxembourg, Holy Roman Emperor,

I write to you on the day of your joy, on your young John's marriage to Mária Angevin, to express my felicitations. Undoubtedly they will be blessed by many offspring of good constitution and character. The match is an impressive one, and I hope it brings stability and prosperity to your Empire and personal demense.

I hope that the Bride and Groom will seek the blessings of Avignon, and begin their married life in dedication to the Lord.

I pray all is well with your domain and your person.

Juan Trastamara, by God's Grace King of Castille, Toledo, Leon, Galacia, Seville, Cordoba, Murica, Emperor of Granada, et cetera, and Servant of the Catholic Church.

*The letter is accompanied by a fine sword from Toledo's finest swordsmith inscribed with the name of the groom and the date of the occaison*

5213-3.jpg

Savoie.gif

To the Holy Roman Emperor,

Your Imperial Majesty,

It is with great sadness I write to inform you that the honourable Count Amadeus of Savoy, the sixth of that name is dead.

He will be followed by his son Amadeus, Count of Savoy, who pledges allegiance to your throne in the same manner of his father.

Signed

Cardinal Clausse, protector of S. Sabina​

bohe4ja.png

With the Emperor departing for the hunting grounds of Krivoklat as well as most of the court, the skeleton staff is headed by the young nobleman called Bishop Amalius Podoli. Or in Bohemian known as Vladislav z Podoli. He goes by his Latin name nonetheless, as he is a church figure. Young and full of ambition he nonetheless doesn’t have the full reign of the Empire and Kingdom. His role, as given to him by the Emperor, is merely to make sure that all is well when his majesty returns.

bishop.gif

itting in his chambers, he writes missives to the assembled court officials from abroad.

To the Castillians:

Noble Majesty of Hispania,

The entire Bohemian crown and Imperial eagles rejoice at the sweetest of news from this bulwark of Christianity! Long have the people of Hispania suffered under the Musulman yoke. Let us marshal our forces and march against the enemies of faith.

But first, His Imperial Majesty, King of Bohemia, Duke of Luxemburg etc. send his warmest greeting to his cousins in Hispania, through the hand of Bishop Amalius Podoli.

His Majesty has entrusted me with the task of running the daily affairs of the Empire and it brings great joy to his heart, he is said, to learn the good news from the South.

Bishop Amalius Podoli.

To the Savoyans:

Noble Highness of Galia Narbonensis,

With great sadness the crown of the Holy Roman Emperor, Bohemia and Luxemburg learns of the tragic events in Galia Narbonensis. Yet unknown to man are the many ways of the Lord. Let us pray for the soul of the deceased and the wellbeing of the living.

The empire supports its vassals. His Imperial majesty has only briefly covered the Savoyan issue before his departure. Would you be willing to refresh our memory.

Bishop Amalius Podoli

“Let the Lord be generous on the steps I’ve taken for His Glory and His Imperial magistrate, the Holy Roman Emperor.”

"John, King of Naples, Jerusalem, and Albania, Prince of Achaia, Durazzo and Taranto, et cetera, unto his Imperial Highness Vaclav IV, Holy Roman Emperor, King of Germany and Bohemia, et cetera, greetings.

You will of course have heard of the great confusion that occurred over the succession here in Naples following the death of my brother Charles, the third of that name to reign over the kingdom of Naples. By ruling of the Pope in Rome, the crown has passed to me, and I now seek to do right where my brother did wrong. I can see no better way to do so other than establishing at least civil, if not friendly, ties between our two thrones. I hope you will not judge me to be a man in the mold of my brother, who is well known to have been a kinslayer, a traitor, a man with a distinct lack of all character and judgement.

By his own hand,
John, King of Naples"

resizeofresizeofresizeof3954b8.jpg

Return of the King.
Oh yes and of the *cough* "emperor"

As the spring was coming and game in woods around his castles seemed to disappear without a trace, it was time for his majesty to return back to Prague. Some things simply can not be handled by clerks and church. There were even rumours that he have died but people asked "What's the difference?" wheter he was living or not, nobody really cared. After all he was just a puppet in hands of his companions. Right? Several letters came from other high nobles, even from distant foreign lands but they didn't even bothered to write anymore.

Even though realm was in state of complete and absolute apathy toward everything and everyone went on by their daily lifes, it seemed that situation in castle changed a bit. It was hard to say how. Maybe king saw throught carefully set courtain of lowly flattery? Was there someone else that was "advising" him now?

Of everyone, Zbynek of Fridek was troubled the most. He was too close to king, he worked hard to get where he is. He just can't be back where he used to be. The higher position, the bigger fall. He almost panicked when he heard that king is asking questions. Asking questions! Oh heavens, what next? He'll want to rule the realm? He even though about assasianation for a while. A very short while, yet everything would be so easier if he would just die. Sigismund would recieve the throne and...No no no. Such thoughts can very dangerous.
For now however he was safe, guiding king's hand, at least for now.

Zbynek! Are you even listening to me?

Yes...yes. Please forgive Us...er I mean, me, your majesty. Now back to these letters We...er, you, have to write.