• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Need proofs? Go find them yourself!

In summary, rulebook says something like "Do vampires have emotions? Maybe KappaFace".
That´s from Vampire: the Requiem though, a different rule system with a higher emphasis on personal horror. It has no relevance to a game based on Vampire: the Masquerade.

Vampire romance that makes me gag: "I'm immortal and tormented and sensitive. Love me."

Vampire romance that might be interesting to watch: "I'm immortal and tormented and beautiful. Love me. I'll make you love me."

Personally I'd rather not have romance. If it had to be included, some sort of obvious buzzkill would be appreciated.

"I... like you. Do you like me?"
"No. Go away. People more important than you are doing things that are also more important than you."

The only waifu in my Vampires game is my Japanese Malkavian ballerina PC.

It’s looking that it is going this way if the official twitter account is retweeting this video
As far as I recall they have retweeted all her bl2 videos, does that mean all her theories are confirmed??
Or does it just day they like her and all the free publicity she brings and they want to encourage that symbiotic relationship?
After all they just had her visit the studio and played Vampire the Roleplaying Game with her as a guest star

Tbh, while I really like the design of Elif... Everything that goes beyond what we had in the original would ruin the game/immersion.
This isn't Twilight after all.

Tbh, while I really like the design of Elif... Everything that goes beyond what we had in the original would ruin the game/immersion.
This isn't Twilight after all.
Everyone goes right to Twilight to dismiss the idea of vampires being engaged in romance but vampires have always been about sex and desire. You can go all of the way back to Bram Stoker's Dracula, published in 1897, and the it's clearly filled with sexual undertones from top to bottom. People write about vampires to use them as a metaphor for sexual aggression.

There's nothing more in line with traditional vampire literature than sexual themes.

Everyone goes right to Twilight to dismiss the idea of vampires being engaged in romance but vampires have always been about sex and desire. You can go all of the way back to Bram Stoker's Dracula, published in 1897, and the it's clearly filled with sexual undertones from top to bottom. People write about vampires to use them as a metaphor for sexual aggression.

There's nothing more in line with traditional vampire literature than sexual themes.

True, but even in Anne Rice storys, which are filled with (although most in different ways) this romance and "Herzschmerz" (the pain of loss of a loved one), Vampires still are monsters. Only because of Twilight everything gotten "washed down"... Even back when CCP was developing WoD Online, they stated that they do not want the Twilight crowd and wanted to even ban every form of Edward and Bella from the charater creation.

Twilight was for Horror/Vampire Storys the same poison as Discovery is for Star Trek and Episode 7-9 for Star Wars.

That's why.

In reply to the OP: yes, but they need to be dangerous and twisted with just the right amount of unhealthy to keep them from being outright deadly.. Or maaybeee.. Heh!

Last edited:

This!

Yes, vampires and eroticism go together more often than not. And it's something that was also a theme in the first game. It's a rather niche kind, I believe. They burn intensly but fade quickly. It's about the seductive allure of danger, the magnetism of immortality.. It's tragedy, it's art!

Err, apologies for the double post, if any mod would be so kind as to merge them.. Would be appreciated.

Last edited: