• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Akcm

Recruit
22 Badges
Feb 23, 2019
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
Greetings. i got a little (baically, big for me and frustrating) problem. i started to play as king with roman culture and hellenic pagan, reformed it, became byzantine emperor and started to format my new empire. i withdrew titles form orthodox greeks and started to give it to hellenic roman and... faced the actual problem:
some of them became teocracies or republics after receiving a title (as i understood that's because of learning education for teocracies and stewardship or diplo for republics). Everything is as it should be: person without any title receive a county with castle (and should became common feudal vassal) but it's not workin!. i can't understand criteria because sometime person with 1 level of learning type of education became teocracy and sometimes with 4 level of learning type of education became common feudal as i want. the same with diplo/stewardship education. I never found something about this new mecganics in devs diaries and can't find it on forum (maybe previous byz emperor made me blind?) Please someone who knows how it works explain here. i really mad because i spend all martial and spymasters people of my country on vassals, and givin titles to others is like lottery because i can't find out how it works.
Big thanks for everyone who can explain me this mechanic or give link to special thread with description of this.

It's not because of education. When you hand out counties, make sure to generate barons for the cities and temples before handing it out. Otherwise, if you check the "include lower titles" button, they'll get cities and/or temples and therefore become republics/theocracies. Generating new barons for every city and temple is annoying so I normally find a content and skilled person with a minor dynasty, grant them the top castle of a county so they're feudal, and then grant them the duchy with include lower titles.

What Rath said.

Also sometimes I experience if I hand out a title to a character with temple claim him becoming a theocracy anyway.

It's not because of education. When you hand out counties, make sure to generate barons for the cities and temples before handing it out. Otherwise, if you check the "include lower titles" button, they'll get cities and/or temples and therefore become republics/theocracies. Generating new barons for every city and temple is annoying so I normally find a content and skilled person with a minor dynasty, grant them the top castle of a county so they're feudal, and then grant them the duchy with include lower titles.
Not him but I've definitely stopped giving titles to courtiers with learning education. I always generate rulers for every holding before giving it out, and learning education courtiers at some point started inconsistently becoming theocracies when I give out land, despite their only holding being the top-level castle.

Rath, you should look at my message more attentively, i know main mechanics, i DO create rulers for cities and temples and basically for all baronies, i give title of count with only CASTLE to person and he became teocracy or republic anyway. i plyed ck2 a lot and i know how it works in regular situation, but something is different with roman culture or hellenic pagan.

For instance: i have my own castle county, city and temple are with generated barons:
upload_2019-2-24_10-3-3.png

finding no-ruler person
upload_2019-2-24_10-3-45.png

giving titile to him, and who he became???
upload_2019-2-24_10-4-13.png

teocracy with only one county with only one castle as capital

in this particular case yes, it's claim on temple, but i have other non-right vasals without any claim. i played 3k hours and never saw such bug and only faced it with roman culture. till i was greek everything was alright but after roman culture it becomes failed
no claim but anyway reocracy with only castle in count
upload_2019-2-24_10-57-28.png

upload_2019-2-24_10-57-57.png

Last edited:
That appears to be some sort of bug. Are you using any mods that affect government types or cultures?

of course not - no mods, roman culture is already ingame added by paradoxes. I choose it in character editor. maybe it's not bug, but a feature of roman culture added by devs, i just want to find info about this mechanics
really noone knows about it?

I thought you might have mods because all your county names are weird.

If this is a feature it's not a documented one. I'm 99% sure it's a bug of some sort.

just took Venecia and give title of city-count to person and... he became NOT republic but feudal wit h city county as main title, damn romanians whart's wrong with you