• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Korbah

Ratel
137 Badges
Mar 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
DOWNLOAD

This is a .psd file containing many heraldic patterns and chargers to use in flags.

This template is considered open source. Use as you will, although saying thanks if you use it would be nice.

Quick examples of flags creatable with it (created within a few moments);
j8wUgfV.jpg

WueM9N5.jpg
28.08.2013 Cross Chargers
611VoO0.jpg
28.08.2013 #2 Update, adding "Star" Chargers, Ermine and Vair.
ztKF55e.jpg
28.08.2013 #3 Update, adding "Crescent" Chargers, plus a couple of other miscellaneous chargers.

Last edited:
If you have them, you should include some Muslim heraldry. Pen boxes, bows, etc.

Do you have to use Photoshop to use this? I'm running Linux using GIMP, but I can't seem to see the flags when I open it.

For gimp you need .psd plugin and ghostscipt.

I can't seem to find the exact plugins anywhere. I hear the latest version of GIMP already comes with ghostscript anyway.

Sorry talked non-sense, newest gimp should open .psd files normally, but it sometimes messes up layer modes. Older version of gimp that I'm still using couldn't open .psd and needed ghostscript and plugin, but it doesn't mess up layers.

Maybe it's the layer modes that's cocking up. How do you fix this, you know?