REQUEST: A Room button (See post for mockup images!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jarnomiedema

First Lieutenant
96 Badges
May 28, 2006
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
Dear people at Paradox,

I've been an immense fan of Stellaris ever since it was first launched. As some of you might know, I'm also the creator of the Diverse Rooms, Diverse Preset Empires and Diverse Basics mods on the Steam Workshop. I've also helped out quite a few other modders who wanted to get into adding new rooms to the game.

One of the comments I receive most often is from people who love the mod, but can't stand having to click so often to get to a room they feel fits their empire best. I've even had people ask me why I haven't added a screen that allows people to choose from thumbnails. If I'd had the technical knowledge to do that, I suppose I would have by now, but unfortunately I don't have that knowledge..

That's why I've decided to post my request here, in the hopes that others might feel the same way and respectfully ask / request the people at Paradox to look into the possibility of adding such a feature to Stellaris at some point in the future..

I've even made two mockups, to give you an idea of what it might look like!

One for Vanilla Stellaris, using Vanilla Rooms..
VanillaRoomsMockup.jpg

And one for Stellaris, using the mod Diverse Rooms..
DiverseRoomsMockup.jpg

Please let me know what you think. I understand there are a multitude of other things that are more important, but I just wanted to put this out there, in the hopes that somebody sees it and does something with it. In the end, if the answer is no, at least it's an answer and I'll be glad I asked!

Thanks in advance.

• 64Like
  • 15Love
Reactions:
This would be a good addition, even the number of rooms in vanilla is getting a bit bloated.

• 10Like
Reactions:
If I'm not mistaken Vanilla is currently up to around 30 rooms, which is manageable, but after a while you can definitely lose track. For those of us using mods that add rooms, this would make things so much easier. I'll post a link to this forum post on a few Steam pages to see if more people can be motivated to show their support for this idea..

• 2Like
Reactions:
This would be great addition. Currently it's extremely difficult if you've got 400 images to go through. being able to manually TYPE IN the image number would also eliminate a few hundred clicks when navigating back to one of the cool ones.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Having last posted this in november and not having seen any reply or movement on this front (despite there being a fairly substantial update), I thought I'd bump this thread one time before laying the matter to rest if there doesn't seem to be much more interest. It's a shame we haven't had any feedback on this. A simple 'working on it', 'sounds good, but not sure if it'd work' or 'can't do it, sorry' would be sufficient..

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think it's a great idea, so much so that there really isn't much to discuss/improve on beyond what's been said. So the thread is quiet in terms of responses, but that doesn't reflect a lack of community interest.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I mean why was this even done in the first place, flag/appearance/ethics/and_so_on selcetions were already implemented similar to the suggested mockup since the beginning, only the selections in the ruler tab do require this click sessions. Consistency should be one of the highest priorities for every UI.

Last edited:
What's the threshold of upvotes to get this implemented? I avoid room mods because of all the clicking they would incur.