• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've got virtually none of the cosmetic dlc (and don't have all of the gameplay DLCs) so I don't actually know what any of the stuff looks like. I'll mention it to Vierwood and see if he can get the cultures to use better unit packs as he has all/most of the DLC afaik.

As for custom unit graphics, will probably look into it down the line (if the game supports a format I can work with through Blender) but not a priority at the moment.

I've got everything.

Basically the Riverlands, Westerlands are using the odd Pagan; http://www.ckiiwiki.com/File:Fino-Ugric_unit_pack.jpg

Which looks really odd given their geography.

If you guys just went through this list and assigned the graphics appropriate to each location better.. thatd be great.

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Graphical_DLC

V8 Preview

Knights of The Seven

20170717180443_1.jpg 20170717180323_1.jpg 20170717180400_1.jpg

Many other features such as the marketplace and dueling system are nearing completion. Stay tuned to learn more later.

Also after many tireless hours Rowan was able to complete the minimap... for now.

Some pictures from our MP game:

20170717175910_1.jpg 20170717175931_1.jpg 20170717175941_1.jpg 20170717175949_1.jpg 20170717180000_1.jpg 20170717180017_1.jpg

If you're interested in joining us add me on steam, my username's Vierwood.

Wouldnt it make more sense to maybe have the High Septon be the head of Society? Should be possible to code him to always have the Highest office.

Not that it really matters. Looking good regardless :)

Wouldnt it make more sense to maybe have the High Septon be the head of Society? Should be possible to code him to always have the Highest office.

Not that it really matters. Looking good regardless :)

It's still WIP, so that is something I can look into. Would it strictly make sense though? If we add the faith militant as has been suggested, wouldn't it make more sense for him to be the head of that instead?

I mean on the grounds knights do not follow a strict structural hierarchy anyway at this point it doesn't really matter who you make the head of the society, the Knights were not an organised society like the ones in game. They were very much separate from each other, Knights didn't get assigned missions by a grandmaster and there were only two ranks of Knight: Squire and Knight.
So making the High Septon the head at least has it make slightly more sense as you can argue he is ogransing the Knights to be something more formal even though they were not in lore.

High septon shouldnt have to be forced into a society it should be like vanilla ck2 with the two societies with catholicism the Silent sisters (Simular Benedictine Order) would be simular to the inquisition while the sparrows (simular Dominican Order) The High septon should be able to join either of these religious societies ones and if say he was a madman maybe join an alchimiest society. The Faith militant should be an entirely different thing with the Warriors sons and the Poor Fellows as holy orders.

High septon shouldnt have to be forced into a society it should be like vanilla ck2 with the two societies with catholicism the Silent sisters (Simular Benedictine Order) would be simular to the inquisition while the sparrows (simular Dominican Order) The High septon should be able to join either of these religious societies ones and if say he was a madman maybe join an alchimiest society. The Faith militant should be an entirely different thing with the Warriors sons and the Poor Fellows as holy orders.
Slight issue on the grounds that the silent sister is not made up of any rulers at all and did not have any lay members, the entire organisation is just women and not a lord or the like in sight. And the Sparrows not existing for a couple of thousand years is another slight inconvenience...

Its impossible to have a society without a landed character ? thats unfortunate are you sure about that ? also maybe the sparrows could form as an event when the faith militant gets as powerful or more powerful as the crown. Just an idea because it kind of sucks when there is not a large group of cool societies to join and i feel like its a really good feature paradox added would make the mod a lot funner.

Its impossible to have a society without a landed character ? thats unfortunate are you sure about that ? also maybe the sparrows could form as an event when the faith militant gets as powerful or more powerful as the crown. Just an idea because it kind of sucks when there is not a large group of cool societies to join and i feel like its a really good feature paradox added would make the mod a lot funner.
No, you can have a society without any landed characters just fine. Just that all of the lore societies only take landless characters, you don't see a Lord join the Silent Sisters and just keep on being a lord do you

Oh okay well I'm just throwing ideas out there because im starting to get back into my A Game of Thrones hype again hahaha.

The Knights of the Seven Society is how you are granted a Knighthood ? That's genius. This has nothing to do with the Warriors sons though right just regular knighthood ?

The Knights of the Seven Society is how you are granted a Knighthood ? That's genius. This has nothing to do with the Warriors sons though right just regular knighthood ?

Yeah, you get knighted by the Grandmaster, however, if you are already a knight you can knight your children and couriers for a little bit of prestige.

The society itself is supposed to simulate a "rich boys club" as Rowan put it. These knights are considered to be the most powerful of Westeros, so they have formed a group where they can pool their influence together. As of right now the Grandmaster can't issue missions to people, because as Blackninja said it wouldn't make much sense, but in MP if you're the Grandmaster of the Knighthood you are able to issue missions and host events like tourneys or feasts through RP.

Yeah, you get knighted by the Grandmaster, however, if you are already a knight you can knight your children and couriers for a little bit of prestige.

The society itself is supposed to simulate a "rich boys club" as Rowan put it. These knights are considered to be the most powerful of Westeros, so they have formed a group where they can pool their influence together. As of right now the Grandmaster can't issue missions to people, because as Blackninja said it wouldn't make much sense, but in MP if you're the Grandmaster of the Knighthood you are able to issue missions and host events like tourneys or feasts through RP.

Great idea can't wait to see more me and my friends are watching closely.

Hey during the time of the Kingdom of the Reach under house Gardener there was a Knightly order called Order of the Green hand. They will all killed on the field of fire by Aegon but the Manderlys survived since they were exiled to the North. Every Knight in the House Manderly has proclaimed membership of the Order but just symbolically.

Since this mod is before the Aegon's Conquest I think you should add them into the game as a mercenary group sworn to the Reach just as in Vanilla the Byzantines/Varangian Egypt/Mamluks Jerusalem/Templar are. What do you think ?

It never says how large the order was but considering the entire Manderly family with a knighthood claims membership it might of been pretty significant it also says only those both virtuous and skilled in arms were offered membership, back in this time period it must of been at least a medium sized merc group.

Hey, just picked this up. Loving the mechanics. But.... 2 things

• I'm a total noob and have no idea how the retinues are supposed to work. I see things say they increase my retinue by X but I dont see any way to buy them. That section is blank on the Retinue screen . Totally confused

• The armor and helmet art is great but I dont know what anyone looks like. Its not so much everyone looks the same but I've got like 4 sons and umpteen grandsons and uncles and nephews and I dont know what our family really looks like. I gave my brother a county and was shocked that he was a Fatty McFat. People go right from little kid icon to a helmeted one. Can helmets be scripted to just come on when some one is engaged as a commander.

oh - and when doing a search a noticed a guy whose race was listed as Avar. He looked like an Avar from Vanilla

Hey, just picked this up. Loving the mechanics. But.... 2 things

• I'm a total noob and have no idea how the retinues are supposed to work. I see things say they increase my retinue by X but I dont see any way to buy them. That section is blank on the Retinue screen . Totally confused

• The armor and helmet art is great but I dont know what anyone looks like. Its not so much everyone looks the same but I've got like 4 sons and umpteen grandsons and uncles and nephews and I dont know what our family really looks like. I gave my brother a county and was shocked that he was a Fatty McFat. People go right from little kid icon to a helmeted one. Can helmets be scripted to just come on when some one is engaged as a commander.

oh - and when doing a search a noticed a guy whose race was listed as Avar. He looked like an Avar from Vanilla
Retinues are disabled for the time being, not sure how you can increase them. I'll ask Rowan about it tomorrow.

The "armor spam" will be fixed in the next update, so don't worry about it.

Retinues are disabled for the time being, not sure how you can increase them. I'll ask Rowan about it tomorrow.

The "armor spam" will be fixed in the next update, so don't worry about it.

You increase them by building upgrades . Like a castle upgrade increases by like 50.

Because of the troop penalty, I really want a retinue to deal with getting raided nonstop. That really adds up if you have constantly raise troops to go after raiders. Its not as bad when you get built up but early on its an issue. I wouldnt mind capping the retinue at like 2000. That would at least allow you to deal with the reaving w/o being unbalanced.

Anyway, love the emphasis warring. Vanilla can be really stagnant or require a big expenditure of resources for little gain. And the GoT mod is so blobby. This feels more like I am trying to hold my kingdom together constantly while increasing my territory.

Something though I have noticed is the portraits seem like old vanilla. What I mean is there is little variation and you end up with 3-4 faces. I've just gotten spoiled to the portrait upgrades in vanilla. Guessing that since a lot of those are DLC they might not be active in the mod.