• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Why not? That's pretty much what Bran the Builder did, and I don't think Northmen disliked him that much for being a First Man Reachman.
Bran the Builder being a descendant of or the same person as Brandon of the Bloody Blade is just a myth, whether it is true of not is not actually known same with pretty much all the tales from the Age of Heroes

Not sure why you can't - perhaps it is due to who you are playing as? Bit hard for me to work out what might be wrong without any information, as I've been able to do it in our MP weeklies without any issue (switching a capital city I control for a caste barony I built, for example), though I was just playing as a feudal character.

And I'm pretty sure this behaviour isn't something we can modify anyway.
You can it is just a settlement decision called make_primary

The name "Ice" is a legacy from the Age of Heroes, and predates the current sword. About four hundred years before Robert Baratheon's reign, the Valyrian steel greatsword was spell-forged in Valyria and acquired by the Starks, who named it after that legacy.[2] It became the sword of the Lord of Winterfell. Eddard Stark used the sword to personally execute condemned prisoners.

Basically the Starks did have a sword called Ice, it was just a normal sword as far as we know but it is where the Valyrian Steel one got its name from.

The Nights Watch should not be a holy order for the old gods because any faith can be a member of it nothing about it really has anything to do with religion only keeping out what is past the wall. Nothing in the lore to my knowledge says the Old Gods had any holy orders but yes thanks for correcting me they were called the Warriors sons and Poor Fellows. I just started up a AGOT mod game after a long time to see whats changed they have already implemented the Alchiest guild as a society. Not to compare the two too much but im pretty sure ive seen the dev of the AGOT mod posting ideas in this thread so they dont seem to mind.
Me posting here personally is not a reflection of the views of the AGOT mod :p

I mean on the grounds knights do not follow a strict structural hierarchy anyway at this point it doesn't really matter who you make the head of the society, the Knights were not an organised society like the ones in game. They were very much separate from each other, Knights didn't get assigned missions by a grandmaster and there were only two ranks of Knight: Squire and Knight.
So making the High Septon the head at least has it make slightly more sense as you can argue he is ogransing the Knights to be something more formal even though they were not in lore.

High septon shouldnt have to be forced into a society it should be like vanilla ck2 with the two societies with catholicism the Silent sisters (Simular Benedictine Order) would be simular to the inquisition while the sparrows (simular Dominican Order) The High septon should be able to join either of these religious societies ones and if say he was a madman maybe join an alchimiest society. The Faith militant should be an entirely different thing with the Warriors sons and the Poor Fellows as holy orders.
Slight issue on the grounds that the silent sister is not made up of any rulers at all and did not have any lay members, the entire organisation is just women and not a lord or the like in sight. And the Sparrows not existing for a couple of thousand years is another slight inconvenience...

Its impossible to have a society without a landed character ? thats unfortunate are you sure about that ? also maybe the sparrows could form as an event when the faith militant gets as powerful or more powerful as the crown. Just an idea because it kind of sucks when there is not a large group of cool societies to join and i feel like its a really good feature paradox added would make the mod a lot funner.
No, you can have a society without any landed characters just fine. Just that all of the lore societies only take landless characters, you don't see a Lord join the Silent Sisters and just keep on being a lord do you

That part of the FAQ about anyone being able to use AGOT mod stuff was not really made with someone making their own mod in the same universe in mind as otherwise any feature from AGOT would work their mod. By having TSK just use their own stuff it keeps both mods separate and clearly different so their is no confusion about who made what in either the creators or users mind for both mods, also more options about what content to use is better for users as blurring the mods together aids neither of the mods players who might not like the features from one of the mods.