• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Isn't there currently a bug where CN don't transfer power to overlords meaning a lot of trade value is staying in the Americas?

Actually it's just the AI overlords that think the trade transfer costs them a dip rel slot and so cancels the power transfer.

Makes the WETN pretty much empty lategame.

Isn't there currently a bug where CN don't transfer power to overlords meaning a lot of trade value is staying in the Americas?
Perhaps but the numbers I gave in a post above are the trade values. Transfer Trade Power feature of WoN isnot only buggy but it's useless because it takes a diplo slot.

Actually it's just the AI overlords that think the trade transfer costs them a dip rel slot and so cancels the power transfer.

Makes the WETN pretty much empty lategame.

It would still be tiny compared to pre-1.6 because of low trade value.

It would still be tiny compared to pre-1.6 because of low trade value.

True, But not 0 by 1750 if you're not a coloniser yourself.

From the screenshot it looks like you can steer trade directly to Sevilla all the way from Indo-China across Africa but I don't have many provinces in Indus so I can't push it to Zanzibar efficiently. I try not to go over 100 overextension.
The intention of my thread was not to measure who has bigger trade income but to argue whether
a) special trade buildings worth it
b) CNs don't give much trade due to low production, hence they are useless
c) AI doesn't usually build buildings so their economy cannot afford large armies/mercs, hence weak competitor

I actually agree with you that one must build production buildings to compensate low initial trade value because without it... well, total trade value in Caribbean is 20, 9 in Mississippi and 10 in Chesapeake, 5 in Siam, 9 in Canton which is less than satisfactory.
How did you manage to crank up tariff income to 50 ducats though?
Just trying to help - as a trade power your primary goal is to take trade value from China, boost it as much as you can and steer it to your capital.

Now about your questions
a)They are only worth it in places where you need raw trade power and can't or don't want to get it from ships - for example in inland nodes. To get trade value go for production - especially in China\Japan
b)CNs in California->Mexico trade route can actually give you quite a lot because even if they'll send something like 10 trade value to Japen when it will arrive in Europe across Africa it will be boosted many many times.
c)Yeah this might be an issue

Brazil and Argentina are quite rich and Coffee usually reaches very high price, furthermore Portugal have sizable bonus for tariff income.