• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

screwface

Corporal
18 Badges
Apr 23, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
Which country will form separatists rebels spawn in provinces with no nation or core (e.g. Papuan)? Can there even be separatists rebels spawn on such provinces or is it worthless trying to spawn them there? Or may they defect to other primary country within the same culture group (in case of Papuan culture it would be Ternate as primary nation for Moluccan culture in the same Pacific culture group)?
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions:
It is, there's usually some primary tag behind a culture, even if no cores exist.
For example you can spawn Maltese rebels on Malta if there are no cores there. They will create Maltese core and eventually spawn Malta tag. (Sicilian and Neapolitan core must be gone first)

Last edited:
It is, there's always some primary tag behind a culture, even if no cores exist.
For example you can spawn Maltese rebels on Malta if there are no cores there. They will create Maltese core and eventually spawn Malta tag. (Sicilian and Neapolitan core must be gone first)
yes, there are so cultures in America, Africa, Siberia or Pacific. Papuan culture is an example - colonized provinces so they don't have any cores.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Could be worth testing. As far as I know Papuan exists in a TC region and the provinces keep the culture.
  1. Colonize a province there
  2. Sell the province to someone to get rid of all cores
  3. Conquer it to have a province with separatism and no cores
That should be a good test I think. My guess would be they just don't spawn separatists.

Generally if a culture doesn't have cores, it still has a tag associated with it. For example you can't release Sapmi in the north of Scandinavia, but they can spawn a revolt that will give the provinces cores. Same goes for recently removed nation of Buryatia, it still can come back. I don't however know how it would work with cultures with no tag (though most of them you can't get due to replacing culture in colonies).

Last edited:
Okay, I stand corrected. There are cultures without any tags and they can't spawn separatist rebels.
Did a quick test as Maguindanao - got Polynesian culture province, ceded to another country, got it back, had 15 separatism, same religion, no other modifiers than just a bit of OE from said province. Rebels spawned would be peasants.
Just to make sure gave province to somebody else and tried supporting rebels - if owner had same religion could only support peasant, if religion was different - zealots would spawn
2020-11-05_11h17_13.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions:
Okay, I stand corrected. There are cultures without any tags and they can't spawn separatist rebels.
Did a quick test as Maguindanao - got Polynesian culture province, ceded to another country, got it back, had 15 separatism, same religion, no other modifiers than just a bit of OE from said province. Rebels spawned would be peasants.
Just to make sure gave province to somebody else and tried supporting rebels - if owner had same religion could only support peasant, if religion was different - zealots would spawn
Would it change anything if the culture was outside the culture group of the nation owning it?

Would it change anything if the culture was outside the culture group of the nation owning it?
Yeah, they flip from peasants to particularists
(I stole Beijing from Ming added core and flipped to it's culture, also converted to animist to remove religious unity to make sure nothing else influences it)
2020-11-05_11h54_21.jpg

Currently, there are 32 cultures which do not have a primary culture tag, 6 of which (Kachin and Karen in Burmese group, Takama in East Bantu group, Masaba in Masaba group, Nguni in Southern African group, and Acholi in Sudanese group) have colonized provinces at the start of the game, meaning that the provinces can never have separatist rebels.

The other 24 cultures do not start with either a primary nation or colonized provinces, although some of them have colonized provinces in later bookmarks, and through gameplay some of these cultures can gain colonized provinces. These are:
  • Het, Huarpe & Patagonian (Araucanian culture group)
  • Maipurean & Taino (Caribbean culture group)
  • Mesquakie (Central Algonquian culture group)
  • Jukun & Sawabantu (Congo culture group)
  • Bena & Thagiicu (East Bantu culture group)
  • Aleutian & Inuit (Eskaleut culture group)
  • Tungus & Yakut (Evenki culture group)
  • Polynesian (Malay culture group)
  • Jivaro (Marañón culture group)
  • Chacoan (Matacoan culture group)
  • Athabascan & Chipewyan (Na-Déné culture group)
  • Aboriginal & Papuan (Pacific culture group)
  • Catawba (Siouan culture group)
  • Bemba & Khoisan (Southern African culture group)
  • Ostyak & Samoyed (Ugric culture group)

Reactions:
through gameplay some of these cultures can gain colonized provinces.

This makes me wanna share a very fun roleplaying campaign I did a while back as Shinto Aboriginal. I got the inspiration from one of Florryworry's whacky-as-ever runs, started as Tsutsui and spawned Aboriginal culture through some colonizing shenanigans. This is the abomination that ensued :

1604580714734.png

1604580726400.png

• 3Haha
Reactions: