• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As of the current patch, players cannot destroy buildings they own. It was a feature for at least part of the beta, but was never in the shipped release version. I haven't seen any dev posts stating if it is coming back in or not.

Edit: This information is no longer correct with the release of patch 1.2

Last edited:
Erm you can destroy placed building...I do it all the time when I have a quest to build something I dont need. You loose 200 population though..click on the buildings icon in the city screen and youll get the destoy prompt.

Erm you can destroy placed building...I do it all the time when I have a quest to build something I dont need. You loose 200 population though..click on the buildings icon in the city screen and youll get the destoy prompt.
I think that was added in 1.2 because you couldn't do it previously.

I just tested it in the newest patch 1.2.1 and sure enough you can destroy buildings at a cost of 200 population.

building prerequisites

Do you need the prerequisites building for a particular building in every city or just in the one city in your empire? (Rogues before Tax for example)

I ask because I notice that guys I invade often have greyed out buildings in their cities that I can't activate until I build the prerequisite again.

Im sure Ive read that in your own territory units get a bonus to resting... I dont think its applied to healing spells though - and its been a while since I actually took notice - so you may wish to check in your next game if thats the case. Unless of course someone pops up with a definitive answer. :)

Do Units get a defense bonus or a heal rate bonus for being inside their own side's Cities? I kind of assumed rhat there would be bonuses to fighting within your own faction's borders, but I'm not sure?

http://warlockmota.wikia.com/wiki/Cities

Friendly units that are within the boundaries of your city regenerate 10% of their maximum health each turn, except when they are Dead.