• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just got chronicles with DW and Its my first play through and around mid game early to mid 1630's onward I have had over 50 of the same type of Adviser spawn to be available for hire. Is this just a very improbable coincidence, game engine bug, a game bug that can be fixed by modding a config file, or a damaged save?

Does not get applied retro-actively. All leader bonus ideas / abilities only apply to leaders generated after they are selected.
I see. Can you tell me how does the policy slider work in regard to leader skills? I have Offensive vs. Defensive at +3 which gives +0.75 Leader Siege. Does that mean that when recruiting a leader he has 75% chance of getting another siege dot? Or do I have to go to +4 to get that additional dot?

A question for the EU III veterans: Are there features in EU III which you think are better than in EU IV?
That seems like a question that deserves a thread of its own, since useful answers to that question are unlikely to be quick answers.

A question for the EU III veterans: Are there features in EU III which you think are better than in EU IV?

I think dynamic centers of trade rather than the fixed pathing of the EU 4 system was better BUT overall trade is better in EU 4 (it would just be better without the locked in connections). Other than that I can't think of anything.

This should have its own thread. I am also interested in it.

In some mods the mercenary's ability to upgrade based on my nation's technological progress seems to be turned off (I don't remember having to change it manually in Vanilla...) Where can I mod it so it is like it is in vanilla?

Mercenaries don't upgrade in vanilla. You'll need to delete them and rebuild them when you get the new unit type. But for the most part mercenaries aren't too good because unlike eu4, they don't borrow from your full discipline and morale. They'll always be weaker versions of your normal regiments.

Mercenaries don't upgrade in vanilla. You'll need to delete them and rebuild them when you get the new unit type. But for the most part mercenaries aren't too good because unlike eu4, they don't borrow from your full discipline and morale. They'll always be weaker versions of your normal regiments.

Sorry let me rephrase: I mean that in the mods the mercenaries I can build are always the oldest and most archaic type, the type I can build don't advance with the unit types I can build normally. I would like to change that

I thought that was normal behaviour, and that you have to flush the mercenary pool by buying it out to get it to update.

How do I register my Chronicles? My old account on the forum vanished, and I can't find a way to re-register it having recreated the account. Alternatively, if there isn't a way to register it any more, how do I get the 5.2 patch, since the links for that and registration are both broken on the launcher.

How do I register my Chronicles? My old account on the forum vanished, and I can't find a way to re-register it having recreated the account. Alternatively, if there isn't a way to register it any more, how do I get the 5.2 patch, since the links for that and registration are both broken on the launcher.

Does your email changed meanwhile? This might cause it, ask in https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/forum-help-issues-rules.600/ have seen similar issue reports there.

The available patches are here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...eference-eu3-checksums-and-datestamps.392267/
sadly not visible by default, as it is an old thread.

Does your email changed meanwhile? This might cause it, ask in https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/forum-help-issues-rules.600/ have seen similar issue reports there.

The available patches are here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...eference-eu3-checksums-and-datestamps.392267/
sadly not visible by default, as it is an old thread.
I can't remember what email I was using for it before, just the nick, but it shouldn't have allowed me to create a new account as The Arch Mede if the original was still in place.
That location is no good to me at the moment, because it requires registration and I can't find a way to register.

I can't remember what email I was using for it before, just the nick, but it shouldn't have allowed me to create a new account as The Arch Mede if the original was still in place.
That location is no good to me at the moment, because it requires registration and I can't find a way to register.
Had trouble then forum moved from the old to the new one, could be a reason too.