• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ready to start the writing up of the next chapter soon. Many thanks for the two commenters on the last one.
That sounds really interesting! It should be fun to really change the rules and shake-up the alliances from the WWII we're used to.
When this AAR and Talking Turkey are wrapped up, I'll start to get up to speed again on the mod, which I'd done quite a bit of before taking a break from it; mainly due to computer problems, also wanting to finish off the EU Rome AAR and these two to give myself more time for it).
Nice to see the British trying to do something with them, and it's probably the right idea, even if it won't be extremely effective.
It was an interesting thing to see and they kept it going for the rest of the month.
Nice to see them returned home, even if it's not to the country made whole yet.
It will come, we hope ...
An interesting move by the AI, although I imagine the Romanians will appreciate the investment.
Rather strange. Maybe they anticipated nuclear meltdowns and didn't want them on French land!?
It's quite impressive just how quickly the Allies fell apart, so well done! It looks like victory is certainly in sight, and I imagine you can take both Greece and Munich quickly, securing 14 of 15 objectives.
Munich is within reach, Greece is often more difficult because of the need to take Crete as well. Difficult for the USSR, with no fleet.
There has been a slight delay as I remain somewhat traumatised by the fall of Czechoslovakia. Obviously delighted to see the Czechs (*spit*) brought low, but at such terrible cost to Slovakia.

I shall take refuge in mocking Paradox and their catastrophic research.
But nice to have you back. They will have to be renamed Czech Republic after the settlement. And best to retreat to safe ground when the mental shock strikes. :D

Elias Kohn was a Bohemian Jew who emigrated to Argentina in the 1890s and died in 1938. I can say this with such precision as I found the photograph Paradox used. Though as always how they found that photo remains a mystery, surely it must have been more work than proper research?

Theodor Escherich was German-Austrian paediatrician who discovered E-coli and died in 1911. Paradox just stole his 'h' and used his photo.

Bohumil Štěpánek was at least Czech, but he was a screenwriter, playwright and translator of Shakespeare.

Svoboda was a foul Czech traitor who turns up as a Slovak general for T&T to use, I say foul traitor as he was fanatically communist. Definitely not allowed any power in the immediate post-war, indeed I think at this point he was in prison, stripped of rank and being advised to commit suicide to save his image. Still he got rehabilitated and then Moscow made him puppet President during the Prague Spring.... yet he still kept being really pro-communism, which is really baffling given his life story.

Klement Gottwald was General Secretary and Chairman of the Czech Communist Party, Prime Minister in 46 to 48, President after Benes in 48 to 53. So naturally Paradox put a complete random in his job and made Klement head of the Navy. What else would they do?

Jan Prokop was a Technical Officer (Transport) with 303Sqn in the RAF. He also somehow managed to shot down a German bomber while in France, making him one of the few aircraft mechanics with a confirmed kill. View on 'Vertical Envelopment' are less clear.

The most damning one is Vladimír Clementis who actually was Czech Foreign Minister from 1948 to 50. This is maddening as it shows Paradox did know that Czechoslovakia was a Soviet puppet after WW2 but decided to just use random people instead for the other jobs despite their being actual historical figures they could use. Vladimír did not have a happy time in office, he was a deviationist Bourgeois Nationalist (I think code for didn't do what Moscow told him instantly and without question) so was sentenced to death for his part in the Trotskyite-Titoite-Zionist conspiracy to... do whatever it was that lot were accused of. It was a Soviet puppet state so details like that were not particularly relevant.
You just get the impression the developers were just trying to get it done as quickly as possible, and never anticipated that over a decade later keen-eyed AAR writers would be picking their hasty 'research' apart! :D
But then I saw that Slovakia was resurrected and, in a true mark of it's gift for international inconvenience hasn't got any Soviet ministers. Sure no-one in Moscow would notice or even be aware of the new puppet, but they'd be briefly and mildly annoyed if they ever found out and that's all Slovakia can ever hope for.
It is very much on-brand, isn't it?
Wonderful to see the actually fascist Catlos keep his job, presumably he is doing this job from his prison cell?

Daniel Ertl was an actual communist, full on member of the party and had a post-war career. He should be deep red.

Jan Srobar Vavro, another actual communist who served in the post-war communist government. Was at least Slovakian I suppose.

Jozef Kubin was a Czech (*spit*) writer with no Slovak connections at all, didn't even write about boats, aircraft of foreign affairs.

Julian Pauliny is still fooling no-one by hiding his 'J', he remains Czech and really should be in exile with Benes.

Edouard Urx was actually a Communist writer and remains dead at this point.

Eduard Bass-Schmidt was an actor, singer and comedian, so some might say well qualified for being Slovak Armaments minister as their industry is a joke.
Haha, just wiki-search well known names for the period and chuck 'em in. Standard practice.
I'm not going to do the rest, but Comrade Boris Coburg is a fun little detail I must admit.
It's OK, the point was made fulsomely! Glad I was able to provide you with some rich material for critical analysis. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Chapter 64: 15 to 27 February 1949
Chapter 64: 15 to 27 February 1949

15 February

The largest battle for the period ended as it the second half of February began, with a defensive victory in Kandahar at 0000hr (Soviets 228/8,998; Allies 474/7,192 killed). The pressure was kept up over the next two weeks, with steady momentum maintained.

In Greece, Salonica fell into Soviet hands at 0900hr as the advance their gained pace.

aKRiw7.jpg

But in Malaya, the Allies sought to regain some initiative with an amphibious landing in Teluk Anson under Dutch command. Soviet Marines were sent from Singapore to confront them.

YaWp3y.jpg

Up in southern Austria, Liebnitz fell that evening and seeing a large gap in the Allied line, a dash to the coast was ordered.

Fr15Dz.jpg

16 February

On the German front, in the north a tough battle for Bremerhaven was finally won early on the 16th as the Soviets still tried to find a river crossing to take Bremen.

Xo3kPW.jpg

It took a while for the Soviet NAV to react to the landing at Teluk Anson, with the first strike conducted from 1100-1400hr. It revealed a large Dutch naval force in the Straits of Malacca. The more distant NAV group (based in Saigon) joined during the raid.

qFTKZS.jpg

In Greece, the battle for Serres was won at 1100hr as the Soviets attempted to break through the Allied defences in the north, with the opposition coming mainly from Greek and Italian forces (Soviets 310/45,978; Allies 1,207/9,128 killed).

17-18 February

Although NAV raids continued on the Dutch fleet and considerable damage was done, no ships were sunk before the amphibious force got ashore. It turned out to be a corps of US Marines who got ashore at 0000hr on the 17th.

eqQduI.jpg

When the size of the landing became clear, two more divisions were redirected from Burma and the Bangkok garrison was also put on trains for Kota Bahru, as the other Soviet division in northern Malaya also marched to the new front.

In southern Germany, progress was still being strongly opposed as a victory in Bamberg came at 0400hr on the 18th as the push on Stuttgart and Munich was made (Soviets 816/51,972; Allies 1,343/13,570 killed).

19-20 February

A long and tough battle in central Hungary ended on the morning of the 19th, illustrating the chaotic nature of combat in the recently surrendered former Allied countries of central Europe.

i4jgdN.jpg

Soon after, after a number of attempts and a heavy air preparation, Soviet troops finally broke into Bremen later that morning.

HPSydC.jpg

Zagreb fell to the Soviets without opposition an hour later as Allied opposition in northern Yugoslavia essentially dissolved.

Over in Malaya, the Dutch-American beachhead had expanded to three provinces wide as they headed inland to Raub and the undefended Kuala Lumpur by midday. But by the end of the day, Nürnberg had been occupied as Germany edged towards capitulation.

jcqNMz.jpg

Late on the 20th Aarhus in Denmark fell to the Soviets, as Germany hung on.

21 February

Victory in Gelnhausen at the start of 21 February paved the way for a breakthrough towards Frankfurt am Main.

nmJa0a.jpg

Two hours later, the second French nuclear reactor in Timisoara was secured by the Soviets.

In northern Greece, the battle for the key fort of Giannitsa was won a little later in the morning.

XfYA21.jpg

At midday, with a hard-fought victory in Virovitica, the Soviets now aimed to drive south all the way to Zara.

jJ0ukB.jpg

Kuala Lumpur fell to the 27th US Marine Division as the Dutch liberated an expanding swathe of British territory.

kCIhDw.jpg

The Soviets worked to expand the bridgehead south of Bremen with a heavy victory in Minden, again aided by heavy VVS support.

o3GwtS.jpg

That night, the Soviet marines in Chittagong were cut off by an Indian division which slipped into Rangamati before the follow-on Soviet forces could secure it. A counter-attack went in straight away, with the marines joining in an hour after that when the initial attack ran into stout opposition. The battle would eventually be won the following morning.

3Giwxl.jpg

22 February

The next major tranche of Far East reinforcements neared the front early that morning, even as the Allies were already collapsing on the Western Front. They were directed onwards, but it appeared they would not really be needed.

msWOQa.jpg

The French resistance in Romania remained stubborn as the Soviets attempted to clear up the chaotic situation.

roUNxd.jpg

In the south of the Malayan beachhead, first contact was made by the Soviet marines against their US counterparts in Malacca at 1900hr, as they tried to slow down the Allied breakout.

An hour later, Soviet troops had defeated some nominal German resistance in Munich and were approaching its outskirts. To the north, a Soviet armoured breakout had dashed to the outskirts of the temporary German capital of Dusseldorf.

23 February

Munich fell early the next morning and it was the final straw for the Germans: fighting would continue for the rest of the day, but a delegation was already en route to the Soviets to agree terms.

l4TEsM.jpg

An hour later Soviet troops occupied Beograd but they were not yet ready to surrender themselves. In Greece, a single Soviet tank division was approaching Athens.

E54hmi.jpg

Three hours later, 28 Tank Div was attempting to blitz their way into Athens. But it would take another two days and VVS assistance to take the Greek capital. However, that was not enough to make the Greeks surrender, as the conquest of Crete would be required to force them to the negotiating table.

fhLRjf.jpg

Over in East Pakistan, the supply line to Chittagong was reopened at 1100hr with the reoccupation of Rangamati. Then at 1400hr, Soviet armour rolled into Capodistria on the Adriatic coast, after which they turned north-west to Trieste, while another tank division had reached Rijeka, two provinces to the south-east.

The Germans’ plight was made even worse when Dusseldorf fell at 1500hr to another fast-moving Soviet tank division, four provinces in front of the rest of the front line at that time.

24-25 February

Germany formally surrendered at midnight, with Prussia and Silesia being annexed as the DDR was declared.

wGZNGN.jpg

This gave the Comintern 13 out of their possible 15 victory conditions.

MFdrdF.jpg

Trieste was in Soviet hands by the afternoon of 25 February as northern Italy now lay open to the Soviet advance, which had now cut off all the Allied troops remaining in the Balkans.

YWdkcc.jpg

Even though the German surrender had been secured, the Soviets decided to push on a little further to ensure Yugoslavia also fell into the Comintern sphere of control.

26-27 February

Two technical advances came late in the month, including in Soviet missile technology.

dzqzFb.jpg

The Yugoslav surrender was secured after the capture of Skopje at 1800hr on the 26th.

w6IdYl.jpg

With that capitulation at 0000hr on the 27th, the first Soviet units had just crossed the border into the Netherlands and were approaching the Belgian and French borders, fighting a screen of French divisions that was pulling back to their own territory.

MJwd0x.jpg

cHohTP.jpg

The Danish and German fronts at as 0000hr on 27 February 1949.

ZcOpWm.jpg

Bulgaria and Greece at as 0000hr on 27 February 1949.

Some more advances had been made in eastern Iran and Afghanistan, and the first territory in West Pakistan had been occupied.

hHIXYi.jpg

Central Asia at as 0000hr on 27 February 1949.

The Allies had secured a large wedge of Malaya by 27 February, as the first Soviet holding attacks to the north and south continued.

FVjCMW.jpg

Malaya at as 0000hr on 27 February 1949.

Saudi Arabia was finally invited into the Comintern, even as Allied and Soviet emissaries met in Luxembourg for peace talks.

BdW7Se.jpg

Peace

World War Three formally ended that day. The details of the settlement would be hashed out over coming days, but the armistice was signed as the guns fell silent around the world. Denmark, Greece and Albania remained with the Allies and Soviet troops would be withdrawn from their territory. In return, all Romanian territory would be freed and Transylvania returned to them from Hungary on pre-WW2 boundaries. Poland would soon be ‘liberated’ (on OTL borders) and a new defensive pact would later be signed in Warsaw.

Mvc7VG.jpg

European allegiances.

nreA9U.jpg

European political map (on signing of the armistice, prior to territorial adjustments).

In Asia, the Allies would pull out of eastern Iran and the Soviets from East Pakistan and Malaya. The rest of French Indo-China would be combined with the Soviet satellites and split into the component Peoples republics of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Burma would be liberated as an independent non-aligned country. Nationalist China, Mengukuo and Manchukuo would be combined and renamed as the Peoples Republic of China, initially under Soviet domination.

KEv7YN.jpg

Asian allegiances.

Peru remained the sole Comintern outpost in South America.

ZruExq.jpg

South America allegiances.

Epilogue

And so the main body of this AAR ends. A conditional win, as the initial aim of winning with AI field command and then handicapped player micro-control of combat had to be abandoned. I hope those who have stuck with this story have enjoyed the ride, even if it ended up being a little less ‘quick’ and ‘dirty’ as I had originally intended. Thanks for all your support along the way, dear readAARs.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Looks kinda familiar... How did you get the near-OTL northern and western borders of Poland?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Looks kinda familiar... How did you get the near-OTL northern and western borders of Poland?
If I understand your question correctly, it was via the conquer territory war goals you can opt for in that section, done some time back.

Reactions:
Interesting. I wasn't aware that the original game had those borders. I guess the eastern and southern borders are the ones that are wonky?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Interesting. I wasn't aware that the original game had those borders. I guess the eastern and southern borders are the ones that are wonky?
Could be, I’d have to compare them to the originals. Also, I’ll have a play at ‘liberating’ Poland and see what that does.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It revealed a large Dutch naval force in the Straits of Malacca. The more distant NAV group (based in Saigon) joined during the raid.
A nice surprise to see the Dutch have a major naval force!

When the size of the landing became clear, two more divisions were redirected from Burma and the Bangkok garrison was also put on trains for Kota Bahru, as the other Soviet division in northern Malaya also marched to the new front.
Kuala Lumpur fell to the 27th US Marine Division as the Dutch liberated an expanding swathe of British territory.
And a very nice move by the AI! Too bad things were all but over in Europe, this might have been enough to slow down your push through Burma in better circumstances.

However, that was not enough to make the Greeks surrender, as the conquest of Crete would be required to force them to the negotiating table.
I forgot they added a VP to Crete. You could always repeat Germany's airborne invasion of Crete, nothing went wrong with that!

And so the main body of this AAR ends. A conditional win, as the initial aim of winning with AI field command and then handicapped player micro-control of combat had to be abandoned. I hope those who have stuck with this story have enjoyed the ride, even if it ended up being a little less ‘quick’ and ‘dirty’ as I had originally intended. Thanks for all your support along the way, dear readAARs.
Congratulations on finishing another AAR! It's been a fun read and quite enjoyable to see WWIII in all its epic glory! I'm still quite impressed/amazed at how quickly you went from slow, bloody advances to rapid conquests as the entire Balkans front collapsed.

Do you think things would have gone any better for the Allies if you used the conquest war goal against the Balkans states rather than puppeting them? Your new puppets' troops never had a chance to make a difference, but I think there's a chance some of the countries could have gone into exile and continued to resist from their allies' land?

Reactions:
That was a very quick collapse at the end. I do wonder whether the real Soviets wouldn't have pressed on until all of the European mainland was Communist. At this point the Allied armed forces are shadows of their former selves and the Red Army is bigger and more experienced than ever. I wouldn't think Stalin would negotiate in such a position of strength, maybe domestic issues?

Anyhow, this was an interesting expriment. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should go for a WW3 in 'Odin' once the Axis is knocked out, but I probably still have a couple of years to mull that one over...

Looking forward to what you do next.

Reactions:
The Diplomatic Revolution Mod for HOI3 - An Advertisement
Hi Everyone, for those who are curious, here is a link to a preview thread I've started for the HOI3 mod I've just started work on again. With my Talking Turkey AAR basically done and this one also just finished in the last few days, this is where my HOI3 focus will now be going, as I keep my other two (CK2 and HOI4) AARs going in the background.

The Diplomatic Revolution - A New HOI3 Mod: An Introductory Overview

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
It may have drifted somewhat from the claimed title in the middle, but the end when it came was indeed quick and most certainly dirty.

Congratulations on completing this one, it may not have achieved it's original goal but that in itself can be useful. Failure is a vital part of advancing science after all. ;)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I think this seems to be most of the end-game comments I'm likely to be getting for now, so here is a bit of feedback on them:
A nice surprise to see the Dutch have a major naval force!
They did that pretty well, I thought! With some useful Marine attachments - sounds familiar. ;)
And a very nice move by the AI! Too bad things were all but over in Europe, this might have been enough to slow down your push through Burma in better circumstances.
Enough to see Malaya returned to the Allies and to convince Stalin it was time to call an end to things.
I forgot they added a VP to Crete. You could always repeat Germany's airborne invasion of Crete, nothing went wrong with that!
Haha! Could have tried, but the Soviets were getting a bit war-weary and Allied naval supremacy could have made things difficult.
Congratulations on finishing another AAR! It's been a fun read and quite enjoyable to see WWIII in all its epic glory! I'm still quite impressed/amazed at how quickly you went from slow, bloody advances to rapid conquests as the entire Balkans front collapsed.
Thank you. A bit like OTL, once things reach a tipping point, they can really zoom along. Given this game started as France in 1936, that's more than 12 years of gameplay completed without it crashing irretrievably or the saves being eaten, etc. A relief.
Do you think things would have gone any better for the Allies if you used the conquest war goal against the Balkans states rather than puppeting them? Your new puppets' troops never had a chance to make a difference, but I think there's a chance some of the countries could have gone into exile and continued to resist from their allies' land?
Not sure. In the short term, I didn't actually get any of the forces to fight for me due to the enforced two-year truce, so apart from them having to scoot out of neutral territory, I'm not sure how big a difference that made in the end. I suppose some of those troops might have gone into exile and fought on, but the vibe of the game was to create a new Warsaw Pact rather than outright conquest.
That was a very quick collapse at the end. I do wonder whether the real Soviets wouldn't have pressed on until all of the European mainland was Communist. At this point the Allied armed forces are shadows of their former selves and the Red Army is bigger and more experienced than ever. I wouldn't think Stalin would negotiate in such a position of strength, maybe domestic issues?
They may have done, but perhaps Stalin was getting a bit tired of it all and was worried about the effect of all those years of fighting. In reality, the US should have been a far greater presence and may have developed nukes the same time the Soviets did in-game, so I think calling a halt in Europe on roughly WW2 boundaries (except for Germany) seemed a fair thing.
Anyhow, this was an interesting expriment. Now I'm thinking that maybe I should go for a WW3 in 'Odin' once the Axis is knocked out, but I probably still have a couple of years to mull that one over...
Thanks. Yes, you could do that, but maybe take a broader strategic approach. Even trying to compress things, the sheer scope of the global war made it hard to fulfil the quick and dirty pledge without erasing some interesting campaign stories along the way.
Looking forward to what you do next.
You will have seen the HOI4 AAR start and my HOI3 focus will now go back on to the mod scenario I'm developing.
It may have drifted somewhat from the claimed title in the middle, but the end when it came was indeed quick and most certainly dirty.
Thank you. As I mentioned above, the sheer size of the Soviet machine and sweep of events from Japan to Germany made it hard at times to get things as Q&D as I'd wanted without leaving out some stuff that demanded (to me, anyway) to be said. But we got there eventually!
Congratulations on completing this one, it may not have achieved it's original goal but that in itself can be useful. Failure is a vital part of advancing science after all. ;)
Thank you. Trial and error to test the various hypotheses is what it's all about! :D

To everyone who has followed and/or commented: thank you very much for the support along the way. To anyone reading along after this who feels like commenting or asking any question, please feel free to do so! The thread ain't dead till the last comment is made. ;)

• 2Like
Reactions:
I heard this AAR recently concluded so I thought I would finally see what happened.

The Soviet Marines pushing along the coast finally ran into opposition at Rangamati in East Pakistan,
TIL there was something in-between "British Raj" and "Bangladesh".

The last major action was (fittingly) concluded at Inönü on 23 January but mopping up and small skirmishes would continue for the next couple of days.
Nice of them to name a province after that one guy from that one AAR. ;)

6. Slovakia, Hungary and Northern Romania

The largest ground battle in the sector (and on the whole Western Front for the 15-day period)
Truly this is only correct for the most important front in the war. El Pip will surely appro--

on what remained an active but still secondary front.
well i never

The race to Bratislava was over by 1600hr the same day -in time for negotiations for Slovakia’s capitulation to be concluded by midnight.
I see why the game has concluded, there is simply no more excitement now that the main show has concluded.

By 27 January, the dam wall had largely broken as the front dissolved into a series of smaller battles and a Soviet pursuit of exhausted mainly Germany troops, aiming next for Hannover and Hamburg.
This sounds like what we have been predicting for many updates now, Germany finally runs out of the resources and manpower to maintain their oversized imperialist army.

NqlVvv.jpg

Western Front and Turkey overall position as at 2300hr on 31 January 1949.
Those casualty figures are absolutely devastating. Can't be much longer now.

More than six nukes were in the stockpile and it would soon be seven.
I have a suggestion.

The large swag of prisoners taken in Turkey in particular increased total Allied casualties on all fronts in the month to very nearly 500,000 men. By contrast, the Soviets lost fewer than 87,000. Of the 244 battles fought on all fronts during the month, the Soviets only lost nine, while they attacked twice as frequently as the Allies had. This really did reflect the swing of the initiative to the Comintern on most fronts.
Amazing what a difference made when Stalin purged Marshall Artivishiyal N. Teleyenshch and replaced him with the far more capable Marshall 'Bull' Filtreskiy.

----

as Indian divisions began to gather.
Doubtless seeking to Partition the Soviet lines.

From 4 February, British STRAT bombers launched a concerted logistic bombing campaign
Who died and left Bomber Command c.1936 in charge?!

Only one sizeable battle was fought during the period, at Români, ending in a costly Allied defeat on 7 February (Soviets three, Allies 624 killed).
That's...wow, that's rough for the Allies right there. Wow. How did those three guys die, laughing too hard?

Nice to see the British trying to do something with them, and it's probably the right idea, even if it won't be extremely effective.
Admittedly it is probably one of the top ten cleverest things I've ever seen the AI do - which is not a compliment to the AI, mind you.

Klement Gottwald was General Secretary and Chairman of the Czech Communist Party, Prime Minister in 46 to 48, President after Benes in 48 to 53. So naturally Paradox put a complete random in his job and made Klement head of the Navy. What else would they do?
I do wonder if this is a screwup on the leader assignment code, and he's available as a PM, etc. but didn't get automatically put in for the job for whatever reason...

...wait, I don't have to wonder, I have the game files!
rummage rummage rummage
...confirmed. Klement Gottwald could be the head of state and head of government if he felt so inclined, but alas - Elias Kohn is listed one entry before him, and clearly the arbitrary ordering of leaders in a game file is the be-all, end-all of politics in HoI3. I say with a very straight face as it is unfortunately the truth.

----

Although NAV raids continued on the Dutch fleet and considerable damage was done, no ships were sunk before the amphibious force got ashore. It turned out to be a corps of US Marines who got ashore at 0000hr on the 17th.

eqQduI.jpg
The Dutch clearly understand what what is most important in life is the restoration of the British Empire. Pay no attention to the little El Pip behind the curtain.

The next major tranche of Far East reinforcements neared the front early that morning, even as the Allies were already collapsing on the Western Front. They were directed onwards, but it appeared they would not really be needed.
Tokyo Madrid or bust baby

Three hours later, 28 Tank Div was attempting to blitz their way into Athens. But it would take another two days and VVS assistance to take the Greek capital. However, that was not enough to make the Greeks surrender, as the conquest of Crete would be required to force them to the negotiating table.
This is low key one of the most irritating little details about vanilla HoI3, that one VP on Crete that makes conquering Greece require entirely too much work for what they're worth, unless of course the German AI just up and parachutes into Irakleio when nobody is looking.

Poland would soon be ‘liberated’ (on OTL borders) and a new defensive pact would later be signed in Warsaw.
We should call it something short, punchy, and memorable. Perhaps some kind of "Warsaw Treaty"? Hmm, we'll workshop it...

Epilogue

To be fair, the AI would still almost surely have won eventually, the Allies would have run out of manpower and been overrun. The problem was this would have taken several more years of watching the AI maddeningly unable to do anything exciting, basically an @Eurasia AAR but without the army/navy infighting and pictures of baked beans.

Indeed. It's pretty typical in HoI3, the mechanics around manpower and supply don't really make for a dogged AI defense in most cases. Frankly the ending of TT was one of the lucky AARs that got a good, well-fought ending out of it.

I think this seems to be most of the end-game comments I'm likely to be getting for now, so here is a bit of feedback on them:
I am stealth

• 3Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions: