Question: how to make a portrait to the upcoming Hoi4

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vDan85

Corporal
23 Badges
May 15, 2016
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hey everybody;

I did do some searching on both the internet and here in the forums, but couldnt find any answers. So hopefully someone has done this before and can shed some light to it.

What I would like to do: Make a portrait of myself (or my mother) to become similar to the General/Admiral portraits in the upcoming Hoi4 grand strategy game. Example:

deluxe_avatar_guderian.png

I understand there's no quick fixes out there, but a "how to guide" or anything similar would be awesome.
Thanks in advance,

News 1: The Twitch.tv stream today, the MOD stream, they said that Matt (unsure if that was his name) could be brought up to do a stream to show how he's making the Painted looking portraits in Adobe (takes couple of hours each) if people wanted it! Hopefully, this is something we want :D

Last edited:
Hey everybody;

I did do some searching on both the internet and here in the forums, but couldnt find any answers. So hopefully someone has done this before and can shed some light to it.

What I would like to do: Make a portrait of myself (or my mother) to become similar to the General/Admiral portraits in the upcoming Hoi4 grand strategy game. Example:

View attachment 179570

I understand there's no quick fixes out there, but a "how to guide" or anything similar would be awesome.
Thanks in advance,
You can't get a custom avatar. Or rather you can if you become a mod. Or if you reach 3000 posts before 2007---good luck with that.:p

He might want to add it to the game, rather than the forums.

Edit: Apparently that's a bingo.

Sounds like a cool personal mod idea!

Hey everybody;

View attachment 179570

Thanks in advance,

News 1: The Twitch.tv stream today, the MOD stream, they said that Matt (unsure if that was his name) could be brought up to do a stream to show how he's making the Painted looking portraits in Adobe (takes couple of hours each) if people wanted it! Hopefully, this is something we want :D

Seems pretty easy, I can help or make them and put them in a mod, but I cannot make it that professional cartoony look,
sadasdsad.png
this is an example of what I have done.

;) But its not for use in the forums. I want to have one made for the actual game..
OK, first you have to have a picture, preferably a .png one, of the guy you want to turn into a portrait. You'll need to make the background transparent and then resize it to a widt of 156 and a height of 210 pixels (just resize it to the larger length and cut off the sides or bottom, works very easily in Paint.NET). Then you'll have to download the background from this very usefull thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/2d-assets-and-questions.953076/
Put the resized portrait over it as a layer in Paint.NET, and save it as a .DDOS file. Congratulations, you now have a leader portrait (works both for generals, admirals and country leaders).

To add this into the game, you'll need to make a mod, which could be quite complicated. How would you want it to be in the game, as a general, country leader...?

What I would like to do: Make a portrait of myself (or my mother) to become similar to the General/Admiral portraits in the upcoming Hoi4 grand strategy game.

I read this and did a double take when I got to 'upcoming.'

Say what?! :eek:

Then I checked the date: May 17, 2016.

Okay, my bad. :oops:

NECRO

Necromancy is not allowed (not even so close to Halloween). A more than 6 months old thread should rest in peace.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.