• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, more-or-less. Every other quarter could probably work as well, but I think once a year is just too infrequent to get the job done.
I don't want to shift the discussion away from the topic of the thread, but in the past, before my time here, the ACAs were divided into such categories for each game (see here this round for instance: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/aarland-choice-awaards-round-1.529148/). That format was probably discarded for a valid reason I don't know, and I suspect the same concerns would arise if a new awAARd in the same format came to existence.

Very well done all those authors and also the people who take the time to read our works and comment or not. We couldn't do it without you.

Many thanks for all those who nominated my work too-it really is a great feeling and vindication to know there are many who are following.

And above all many thanks to @loup99 for organising this award and collating the many entries-thanks so much!!

loup is correct. For many years, we ran this with dedicated categories and it was dropped to make voting easier. What makes an AAR a narrative, game-play, etc. is rather subjective depending on what it is and losing these distinctions allowed a voter to just choose four regardless of style. That said, I would like to see the year-enders return (and especially the old OscAARs, VictAARian Cross, etc.) But with all of these, it requires a member to take initiative as loup has done here. It is a lot of work for the person that runs it and frankly we are always lucky when one steps forward to do so. :)

loup is correct. For many years, we ran this with dedicated categories and it was dropped to make voting easier. What makes an AAR a narrative, game-play, etc. is rather subjective depending on what it is and losing these distinctions allowed a voter to just choose four regardless of style. That said, I would like to see the year-enders return (and especially the old OscAARs, VictAARian Cross, etc.) But with all of these, it requires a member to take initiative as loup has done here. It is a lot of work for the person that runs it and frankly we are always lucky when one steps forward to do so. :)

Well, seeing as we're rapidly approaching the end of this calendar year, maybe now would be as good a time as any to get that sort of thing running again. I'd eagerly volunteer to organize it, although I only say that with a superficial understanding of the time commitment that entails.

Well, seeing as we're rapidly approaching the end of this calendar year, maybe now would be as good a time as any to get that sort of thing running again. I'd eagerly volunteer to organize it, although I only say that with a superficial understanding of the time commitment that entails.
In that case I would say open up a thread with your thoughts and if you have any questions, and then if others want to help out or you think you can do it it can probably get started up once again. :) @Nuada Airgetlám was working on it last year as mentioned previously, and there are maybe others who can provide input.

Thanks so much @loup99 for running this again - as many others have noted. Congratulations to all writAARs who were nominated for any topic and especially to the category winners - that just doesn’t happen without quality and well-earned support. And my personal thanks for those who supported my AARs.

Congratulations to all nominated and the winners, I'm sure you deserve it :). Going to have to leave the non-voter perspective and take part again the next time.