• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm actually happy that's it's coming in Q3, heck I'd even wait till 2011 (Q1).

^This.

Indeed, I'm pretty glad most people are actually supporting Paradox's decision of postponing release, considering the times I've seen "omg bt I wantz teh game so bed!1". Considering the depth and complexity that Vicky always had, this means that the game needs a longer development cycle than say EU3, for the game to be properly shaped in a fun playable game. That means the playerbase wants a solid game on release day. And I am glad.

I wonder what they are planning for Spring and Summer then. HoI3 add-on isn't coming, 1.4 will probably be the last patch too based on how thoroughly they do it, CK2 is not even in the plans, EU3 is done with. Does it mean next Paradox game comes winter 2010?

I wonder what they are planning for Spring and Summer then. HoI3 add-on isn't coming, 1.4 will probably be the last patch too based on how thoroughly they do it, CK2 is not even in the plans, EU3 is done with. Does it mean next Paradox game comes winter 2010?
There will definitely be a HoI3 expansion, 1.4 might not be the last patch, CK2 could be in the works, EU3 is not necessarily done either.

Positive outlook my friend.

I can easily wait until Q3 ... as I am not the biggest Vicky fan ... but of course I just NEED to have it. Both to see if it improved from V1, and to support PI, so there is a bigger chance they'll make CK2 :D

As for what will fill "the void" until then ... I guess patches for HttT and an expansion. Most likely for HOI3.

If you've checked out EU3 with all the expansions, I can say with some certainty that CK2 will be the game that CK should have been.

Directed CBs, directed rebels, missions, state decisions...

Change out the advisor screen for the court screen and add a "family" screen, and voila! CK2.

If you've checked out EU3 with all the expansions, I can say with some certainty that CK2 will be the game that CK should have been.

Directed CBs, directed rebels, missions, state decisions...

Change out the advisor screen for the court screen and add a "family" screen, and voila! CK2.
I've just started a game of EUIII IN using ... I think his moniker is prawnstar ... anyway, I'm using his French AAR as a guide to get me started, and after only 11 years of serious gameplay (it's the first chance I've really had to play IN) the game play is some of the best, most exciting that I've had in a long time. This, plus HOI3, have be really looking forward to what they will be doing with Vicky2.

I'll take it when I get it, and be glad of it!!!:D:cool:

I'm hoping for another expansion for EU:Rome, but am not too hopeful about it.

I don't really care if they're not going to put out anything new in a few months. There's already a bunch of great Paradox titles that can very well keep me entertained even a longer period of waiting.

If there was an expansion coming for HoI3 before Vicky2, we would know about it already...

More to the point where is the community project based on Vicky 1 that we can't even talk about yet? The HOI and EU ones are already out.

Not so sure about a license game with Victoria. In 2010 Paradox will release Victoria2 and I believe also Vainglory of the Nations (a Victorian game by AGEOD, recently acquired by Paradox). Too much Victorianism, I think (though I'd love it).

Also, think that For the Glory and Arsenal of Democracy are being released after EUIII and HoI3. However, a Crusader Kings license game seems to me more likely.

Found at your Homepage:

Name Victoria 2
Genre Grand Strategy
Platform PC
Release Q3 2010

Please tell us , that this is a joke!

Thank you! I was concerned by the initial Q1 release. Just make sure its not an unbalanced, buggy mess like HoI3, if you need to take another year, by all means, do it.

Not so sure about a license game with Victoria. In 2010 Paradox will release Victoria2 and I believe also Vainglory of the Nations (a Victorian game by AGEOD, recently acquired by Paradox). Too much Victorianism, I think (though I'd love it).

Also, think that For the Glory and Arsenal of Democracy are being released after EUIII and HoI3. However, a Crusader Kings license game seems to me more likely.
Well we know for certain that such a Vicky-based game IS being worked on, we've just heard nothing about it.
What is this Vainglory of the Nations? Or for that matter "AGEOD"? I've heard them mentioned a bit on these forums.