• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Padryk74

Private
3 Badges
Dec 22, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • 500k Club
Hi,

I already read that buses and subways will be in the game as well as trains. Still CO please think about that again and really consider making

Nice (!) Airports
Harbours
Trains (with at least one typical big central station + suburban stations)
Subway (Elevated and Underground)
Trams
Buses

I don't think it needs to be complex as in CIM as the traget of the game is simply different BUT the different options should be there, already from release.
I'm waiting for an state of the art game like SC4 was in the past, for many years now but the publishers and companies always did the same mistakes. Take longer for development add an additional 5 or 10 $ on the 29,99 that you plan and try to add the absolutely necessary things the fans always requested in the release game!
I really think that a huge part of the fan base sees that the same way.

Last edited:
I agree!! In my country SC2013 cost 59€ or 69€ (very expensive) and it is a big shit!! But that is a price that I pay for CSL without any problem!! Take all time of the world and make sure that you do a good game.

Really hope ferries are included. I always like building cities along large bays of water where ferry service would make sense.

While trains would be nice, I'd be ok with them not being in the game (at least not at release) if subways can go above ground.

EDIT: I see from the dev Q&A that subways are only underground but trains will indeed be included. I am ok with that. Sadly nothing is mentioned about ferries in the Q&A :(. If it isn't in at release I hope it is one of the first DLC's they do (or it's something that can be easily modded in).

Last edited:
If ferries were added, either at the start or in DLC, I'd love to be able to have vehicle ferries as well as pedestrian ferries (cims/utility vehicles can drive onto the ferry from the road and then drive off the other side to continue their journey). That way you can have maps with islands which aren't reliant on road bridges/tunnels.

I am really really sad about the missing trams. And I hope we have the possibility to choose from different vehicles. Maybe the game selects for themselves, depending on capacity and the demand. But it would be a shame if ye always see the same bus type. :D

Metros must be able to run at ground level and on elevated structures as well as underground. Underground only is not enough!

We also need trams that can run on segregated tracks as well as on streets. We must have trams!

Sorry, if the transport facilities are not adequate, I will not buy the game! :ninja:

Last edited:
I'm not touching a city simulator that only has one or two transport systems. Will definitely not buy this if that is the case.

CSL has more than 1-2. I think we're somewhere between 5-6 right now, afaik.

If ferries were added, either at the start or in DLC, I'd love to be able to have vehicle ferries as well as pedestrian ferries (cims/utility vehicles can drive onto the ferry from the road and then drive off the other side to continue their journey). That way you can have maps with islands which aren't reliant on road bridges/tunnels.

I agree with this, would add a lot of character to the cities as well.

Metros must be able to run at ground level and on elevated structures as well as underground. Underground only is not enough!

We also need trams that can run on segregated tracks as well as on streets. We must have trams!

Sorry, if the transport facilities are not adequate, I will not buy the game! :ninja:

God knows that I am lobbying for things not already announced (underground roads, the ability to label main highways), but, in my opinion, I can't stand it when people sound like they are blackmailing the Devs if people don't get their pet project implemented, as in, "I will not buy the game if...."

Just kinds of crosses the line from being a helpful advocate to being a spoilsport. Again, just my opinion.

God knows that I am lobbying for things not already announced (underground roads, the ability to label main highways), but, in my opinion, I can't stand it when people sound like they are blackmailing the Devs if people don't get their pet project implemented, as in, "I will not buy the game if...."

Just kinds of crosses the line from being a helpful advocate to being a spoilsport. Again, just my opinion.

I understand your point but don't worry about it too much. We can't please everyone so let's focus on the important stuff ;)

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'll look into the naming different things in game!

I am not blackmailing anyone and I also do not say that lightly. I wouldn´t have bought CXL when I would´ve known that there wouldn´t be trains. Unfortunately, they were not as honest as these guys here.
I am playing long enough to know what I see as really important and what not. After all, not making a purchase is pretty much the only real statement a customer can make and also the devs can go with that statement to THEIR bosses as well.

Personally I scaled down my expecations regarding public transport. I would be satisfied to have Bus, Metro and Trains at start :) I can totally understand that colossal is including less than in CiM because otherwise it wouldn't be a new citybuilder, just a cim expansion. Also it would take a lot of time (though they have the technics already).

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'll look into the naming different things in game![/QUOTE]

Whoo-hoo! Now that is good news. The ability to label a highway or main roads makes a city come alive. Keep us posted on whether naming different things will work in the game.

I'm not 'blackmailing' anyone!

I'm simply stating a fact that is a city building game has inadequate transport facilities; in this case metro system that can only run underground. I will simply not buy the game!

I'm not asking anyone else not to buy the game, it's their choice how they spend their cash.

I love CIM2 and will continue with that until something better comes along.

Last edited: