PSA : Strike craft still bugged and do not properly benefit from ship fire rate and damage modifiers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well crap... I've just been getting back into the game and have been really enjoying my latest strike craft + missile builds. Guess this means I need to limit the amount of strike craft again. Which begs to ask, what is the most efficient use of them with this "bug" in mind? Just 1 hangar per ship and use them more for ranging, anti-corvette, and anti-missile?

Personally, I think they should limit the number of craft per module to two. It would probably help with balancing and calculations, as well as lessen the graphical impact they can contribute if, you're like me, and like to have fast fleets of pure cruisers outfitted with both missiles and craft. The sheer swarm of missiles and craft can be a bit overwhelming for the engine lol.

God damn, have strike craft EVER worked properly in this game?

Last edited:
Well crap... I've just been getting back into the game and have been really enjoying my latest strike craft + missile builds. Guess this means I need to limit the amount of strike craft again. Which begs to ask, what is the most efficient use of them with this "bug" in mind? Just 1 hangar per ship and use them more for ranging, anti-corvette, and anti-missile?

Personally, I think they should limit the number of craft per module to two. It would probably help with balancing and calculations, as well as lessen the graphical impact they can contribute if, you're like me, and like to have fast fleets of pure cruisers outfitted with both missiles and craft. The sheer swarm of missiles and craft can be a bit overwhelming for the engine lol.

God damn, have strike craft EVER worked properly in this game?

You can probably get away with heavily using strike craft against the AI for a while. Until they start getting into alpha strike territory.

I mainly use them as anti-corvette at the moment. Mix in a couple of Battleships that have the two hangar module into my Battleship fleets, essentially.

I think they did in days of yore, when they were split between fighters and bombers.

I don't know if the modifiers were buggy back then, but they definitely had issues anyway. The pathing was pretty buggy.

I just wonder why OP is using mods to give him a ship with 6 hangars and using that for testing, when he should be testing with vanilla. Devs won't accept test data from modded playthroughs, they'll just blame it on the mod.

Because its not obvious with vanila values. The reason why i cranked up the damage numbers was to make it very obvious that the strikecraft wasnt doing anywhere near their tooltip DPS. But at least QA responded to my bug report thread saying its in their database now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Instead of necroing a 6-month-old thread, the best thing to do would be to create a new bug report with screenshots and a save. Links to out-of-date bug reports are less-than helpful when it comes to recreating bugs in the current version. :)

Reactions: