• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hive said:
Only a small portion of Greenland was actually colonised back then.

Plus, the climate in Greenland wasn't THAT harsh when it was colonized. It was named Green Land for reason and that reason wasn't irony.

hjarg said:
Plus, the climate in Greenland wasn't THAT harsh when it was colonized. It was named Green Land for reason and that reason wasn't irony.

Yeah, but it was re-colonized during the "Little Ice-age".

Crazy_Ivan80 said:
A possible solution for that could be having a colonisation tech-level: only provinces of a certain level and below can be colonised. To colonise provinces with a higher level you need to invest (research). Certain provinces have a level that cannot be researched ingame thus rendering them uncolonisable.

Another possible solution would be no PTI but extremely low probabilities of success for colonisers and similarly extreme population growth penalty or attrition in case of armies.

It should be possible to discover everything but impossible to colonise some areas.

Greenland raises an important point. There needs to be the potential for significant losses of people. I'd like to see colonies that fail, perhaps even colonies that become fully-fledged provinces then degenerate back down to colonies.

It's not really about the number of provinces, but it's about the ease (or lack of it) with which they'll shift hands. I would love to have much more provinces, notably in Europe, but I could do with the current map if it becomes harder to launch on a conquer-spree, and if advantages can be gained from wars other than new provinces and/or vassals-to-be-soon-annexed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.