• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(975)

Recruit
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Hi I'm using the English version of the game with the 1.07c patch, and I've notived that when someone puts a Trade embargo up against me I don't have a Casus Belli against that country while it's in effect.
This has occured playing as England and the most noticable country that puts up Trade Embargos is Portugal.
Is this a problem or have the rules changed ?
Nick

Yep, and the county most frequently getting it in my experience, is Portugal! Buggers! Isn't it enough they can explore without explorers! OH the CHAUVINISM! <LOL>

Same problem here...

I'm still playing my first EU2 game with Denmark and it's currently 1618. France has been busy with trying to compete all my traders out of Ile de Paris. That worked because I'm the only one in his CoT he hasn't got a trade agreement with. I have been refusing all his TA offers because I don't want to help evil big France, the annexer of many followers of the true protestant faith, in any way. As a conseqence I lost a few traders. in the past few years or so. So I decided to go in the offensive and send hordes of traders to that CoT at once. Quickly I regained my 25% position and most French traders got competed away (France was also the only one in that CoT I didn't have a TA with :). But oh no, he embargoes me! I checked his troop strength and to my surprise his army is only as big as mine - he recently lost about 20% of it for some reason. So of course I see this as a perfect opportunity to confisquate his colonial possesions and release some protestants from the French yoke. But I don't have a CB on him! Is the reason for this the same as mentioned above? Then why I am the only foreign trader banned? And how long does it take for this event to run out?
Thanks,
M@ni@c

Originally posted by Nick Ashman
Hi I'm using the English version of the game with the 1.07c patch, and I've notived that when someone puts a Trade embargo up against me I don't have a Casus Belli against that country while it's in effect.
This has occured playing as England and the most noticable country that puts up Trade Embargos is Portugal.
Is this a problem or have the rules changed ?
Nick

1.07c Am I missing something last I looked 1.05 was the latest patch.

Originally posted by Rio
Yep, and the county most frequently getting it in my experience, is Portugal! Buggers! Isn't it enough they can explore without explorers! OH the CHAUVINISM! <LOL>

What exactly *IS* the deal with that?
I'm playing Songhai in 1493, and I've noticed that Portugal (I have maps of Europe through conquest of Morocco) have been been sending explorers to loads of locations for decades, including many African provinces, and even bloody Sulawesi!!!!!
Since I am playing to conquer/colonize Africa in my game, this IRKS me.

Originally posted by Sheridan
1.07c was one of the updates for EU1... I believe it got up to about 1.10 or so before EU2 came out.

Then why is this on the EU2 forum?

Originally posted by Castelion

Then why is this on the EU2 forum?

BiB moved this to support, and I moved it to EU2 instead of EU1 :eek: