• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tarnishedviking

Recruit
Aug 6, 2022
Hi, hoping for a few suggestions?

I setup a distant (distance) uncles PC after he got an SSD installed. I remotely set up steam and intalledCities Skylines (plus his 3 dlcs). He was happy for a few days but told me he got a bios message about the drive not being found and took it into a store where it got sorted. He contacted me today to say CS isn't working now. I remotely check is PC and discover the loading screen doesn't open. I have unistalled steam, CS, restarted and reloaded. All result in the same lack of progress. Steam says the game is playing, but it isn;t.

I Have loaded lots of other steam games and everything else works fine.

The SSD is shown other only drive, but i was sure there was the old HD there before, so thinking the guy he took it too 'fixed' his problem by just disconnecting the HD? Would this create a problem in trying to delete the old version of the game?

I did a snapshot of the PC settings.

Any suggestions welcolmed!

Attachments

• normans comp.JPG
    normans comp.JPG
    57,6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
try checking the "working drive" line inside the properties tab of shortcut file(s) and that it matches the game directory
i say files because the start bar and desktop are both different files, so fix start bar and send to desktop as shortcut
this will work if Game and Working Directorys are different

and there is no way lovely new windows 10 (which i have zero solid experience with) will have chosen a page file size of 10gig for it self, (maybe if low HD space).
so 8gig + 5gig free page file means CSL hates you, need bigger HD and more RAM
are you trying to run everything off SSD???? Nay dude, small SSD for windows ONLY (as a dump drive - for when windows has a "moment"), and then if you want certain things to be on SSD then give them ANOTHER SSD, otherwise use rotors
We also need better system info for me to be sure but i think your man have just filled the HD enough to make windows cut back on its page file.

Does he see the Paradox Launcher after pressing Play in Steam? Does he see the Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order logos? Or does nothing appear to happen when pressing Play in Steam?