• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Christ on a crutch, TMIT, why?

Because I'm evil. In the course of conquests as opportunities arose as I was stopping for today I noticed that it looked particularly awful. There's still plenty of time, an HRE to dismantle and a casual vault over to India to bother with at some point. The borders will get cleaned because it'll ALL be nuclear green in West Europe :D.

As for AE France, Portugal, Castile, and Aragon have tons, especially Aragon which ate a good chunk of Castile and integrated Naples (convenient, now I get to do it too). I engineered a pretty nasty dogpile on France since they were being all hostile, ever since I've just been meandering around mopping stuff with merc infantry + couple cavalry --> now I have full front of merc inf and full back row regular arty with level 3 advisors other than military. Defensive + 100 power projection (farm it!) + 100 prestige + army reformer is the route I chose this game since generic Italian ideas aren't the best for direct combat. I wasn't disappointed.

This is a super lazy run with diplomatic, influence, humanist, defensive so far (only a little way into influence, went diplomatic first). Humanist + cash up the butt for DotF means reformation hasn't done much to my catholic "empire" :p. I can copy what I did with Theodoro in reverse with dismantle + dipvassal.

Reactions:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=552154495
Arakan Empire. The Buddhist mechanics are kinda fun to play around with.
Kudos to the guy that did the Ternate campaign. You make me look like I just started.

Nice going, especially if you stayed Buddhist! You can at least double the size of your Empire in the last 100 years of the game if you did research an adm efficiency cap. This thing is so broken, its kinda ridiculous, especially since you've already done most of the work conquering China. Mop it up and head for India? ;)

Nice going, especially if you stayed Buddhist! You can at least double the size of your Empire in the last 100 years of the game if you did research an adm efficiency cap. This thing is so broken, its kinda ridiculous, especially since you've already done most of the work conquering China. Mop it up and head for India? ;)

The most broken combo is tier 3 admin efficiency and client states, because you can chain truce break and core simultaneously.

Of course you only have it a short while.

Yup I stayed Theravada. Just turned on Wu my last Chinese ally and caused some issues for Hindustan. I did do admin ideas but I didn't do them first cuz I'm special like that. I chose religious first because of all of the conversions that I had to do. I lead in mil tech, but my admin and diplo tech are horrible. I think i'm 15,15,25. :/

Yup I stayed Theravada. Just turned on Wu my last Chinese ally and caused some issues for Hindustan. I did do admin ideas but I didn't do them first cuz I'm special like that. I chose religious first because of all of the conversions that I had to do. I lead in mil tech, but my admin and diplo tech are horrible. I think i'm 15,15,25. :/

Ah, this sucks. You can usually westernize fast enough in this area by capturing the first visible european colony in the region, since you can westernize from a captured western core. It is usually best to sometimes sit back and wait for the adm efficiency bonuses, or just conquer some distant overseas which are very cheap to core

Here is a my last game. I managed to get Master of India with Theodoro.

PjGFi02.png

PjGFi02.png

I also decided to delete the Ottomans.

KgRC6wR.png

KgRC6wR.png

I didn't do this until I was sure that I would get Gothic Invasion.

izWg9zF.png

Russia also bowed to my might and was in a PU under me. I integrated them and got large parts of the spice islands.

crgzazb.png

crgzazb.png

I stayed Orthodox and converted the majority of Europe. The Copts became quite powerful thanks to Medri Bahri (I didn't help them at all, except that I destroyed the Ottomans).

nTEju5i.png

nTEju5i.png

Leon and Aragon were released by the AI. I took this opportunity to vassalize them and then eat the rest of Iberia. The the French decided that it would be a great idea to break their alliance with me. This gave me the chance to take the last province that I needed for Gothic Invasion. Several quick wars later I owned all of their European territory.

bwM4TUN.png

bwM4TUN.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ah, this sucks. You can usually westernize fast enough in this area by capturing the first visible european colony in the region, since you can westernize from a captured western core. It is usually best to sometimes sit back and wait for the adm efficiency bonuses, or just conquer some distant overseas which are very cheap to core
Meh, I'll just take what I can. I don't care about how big I get. The only thing that matters is that I had fun and I made Arakan into a significant Empire. If I get to imperialism CBs I might snipe some land and get a global empire, but other than that I'm happy. BTW, the ability for Buddhists to release nations without any diplo cost is amazing. If you want to cripple nations without AE, OE, or other costs, you can just release and vassalize. The times that I did go on a conquering spree **MING** my kharma went to like -90 which sucks cuz you have to wait for it to get up to 50 or preferable 25, before getting into a big war. The extra diplo rep really helps too with integration.
Two more things
1. Bahamanis HAS westernized and they are domineering to me. lol
2. If possible w/o using exploits, I'd like to take at least Sumatra, China, and India. I've never played this late in game, what happens when Indian tech 30 meets Chinese tech 25 units? FYI, Arakan has no military traditions and I think Bahamanis does.

Meh, I'll just take what I can. I don't care about how big I get. The only thing that matters is that I had fun and I made Arakan into a significant Empire. If I get to imperialism CBs I might snipe some land and get a global empire, but other than that I'm happy. BTW, the ability for Buddhists to release nations without any diplo cost is amazing. If you want to cripple nations without AE, OE, or other costs, you can just release and vassalize. The times that I did go on a conquering spree **MING** my kharma went to like -90 which sucks cuz you have to wait for it to get up to 50 or preferable 25, before getting into a big war. The extra diplo rep really helps too with integration.
Two more things
1. Bahamanis HAS westernized and they are domineering to me. lol
2. If possible w/o using exploits, I'd like to take at least Sumatra, China, and India. I've never played this late in game, what happens when Indian tech 30 meets Chinese tech 25 units? FYI, Arakan has no military traditions and I think Bahamanis does.

Conquering much without a single level of adm efficiency is gonne be hard... Well, westernized India is usually quite the challenge even at lategame since they have loads of money and max level forts everywhere. If they are also superior in tech, i'd stay clear of it and go for the steppes instead and maybe finish the game with a wrecked Russia, since the proud Arakanese people are superior to some europeans :D

Here is a my last game. I managed to get Master of India with Theodoro.

PjGFi02.png

PjGFi02.png

I also decided to delete the Ottomans.

KgRC6wR.png

KgRC6wR.png

I didn't do this until I was sure that I would get Gothic Invasion.

izWg9zF.png

Russia also bowed to my might and was in a PU under me. I integrated them and got large parts of the spice islands.

crgzazb.png

crgzazb.png

I stayed Orthodox and converted the majority of Europe. The Copts became quite powerful thanks to Medri Bahri (I didn't help them at all, except that I destroyed the Ottomans).

nTEju5i.png

nTEju5i.png

Leon and Aragon were released by the AI. I took this opportunity to vassalize them and then eat the rest of Iberia. The the French decided that it would be a great idea to break their alliance with me. This gave me the chance to take the last province that I needed for Gothic Invasion. Several quick wars later I owned all of their European territory.

bwM4TUN.png

bwM4TUN.png
That's pretty damn epic!

...HOW...?!?!
I had nearly all of the Germanic culture provinces with about 60-70 years. Then it was just a matter a attacking quickly (and using proclaim guarantee to reduce truces to 5 years). I did take 156% overextension in my last war against Nepal without it causing much problems (I guess that Humanism helped).

When I started going for India I didn't have any of France or Iberia either. While waiting for overextension to die down I feed the European vassals (Leon, Aragon and later Normandy).

P.S. I got quite lucky in the early game. I got this heir without Lux Stella.

AH5FL5G.png

He became my ruler for 40-50 years also!

Reactions:
eu4_1_zpsnglgyhcc.png

Started as Oman and probably wouldn't have become Arabia if I wasn't going for the Arabian Coffee achievement, just too much green. Aside from Arabia, eastern Africa, most of Persia, a couple provinces is southwest Africa, and a little of northeastern India, I also have most of Indonesia and most of Borneo though this was gained rather late in the game. Spain was in a PU under Lithuania in my last war with Spain which kept me from kicking them out of SE Asia completely. I think I'd have done much better if I expanded into Persia and India earlier than I did, and saved Somalia for later. I have Ardalan as a march and Australia as a CN (Spanish Australia just has the 3 or 4 provinces in SW Australia).

Last edited:
Conquering much without a single level of adm efficiency is gonne be hard... Well, westernized India is usually quite the challenge even at lategame since they have loads of money and max level forts everywhere. If they are also superior in tech, i'd stay clear of it and go for the steppes instead and maybe finish the game with a wrecked Russia, since the proud Arakanese people are superior to some europeans :D
My tech is a lot better than I thought and I'm not worried about Bahamanis as my manpower and 180k army and limitless manpower will crush them. I played it a little more and I'm about to diplovassalize Perm, just beat Wu and some other East Asians in a war, vassalized Buryatia and now I got bored with it so I'm going to start a new campaign. I believe I am 21 20 29, which I'm behind in adm. and dip. tech, but only behind them 1 in mil. So I guess I could wait for imperialism and focus admin and declare war on France..... or not.
Nice Arabia guy above me btw. Hold back the Turk!

eu4_1_zpsnglgyhcc.png

Started as Oman and probably wouldn't have become Arabia if I wasn't going for the Arabian Coffee achievement, just too much green. Aside from Arabia, eastern Africa, most of Persia, a couple provinces is southwest Africa, and a little of northeastern India, I also have most of Indonesia and most of Borneo though this was gained rather late in the game. Spain was in a PU under Lithuania in my last war with Spain which kept me from kicking them out of SE Asia completely. I think I'd have done much better if I expanded into Persia and India earlier than I did, and saved Somalia for later. I have Ardalan as a march and Australia as a CN (Spanish Australia just has the 3 or 4 provinces in SW Australia).
The Ottoman-Persian-Arabian border needs fixing.

At some point I remembered I'm supposed to get a province, so I got lucky Lucca a few decades back. Stopping for now since I'm tired, not sure if I'll come back to this one:

No colonial ideas for me, just tooled around beating on Europe and middle east until I hit imperialism, then snaked the achievement province in one war in like 2-3 years. The only notable thing about this game is that I stayed Catholic, went humanist, but would still finish with > 500 Catholic provinces easily. Mecca and almost all of the rest of ME/North Africa are converted, as is Persia.

Maybe I'll jump back in, snipe Rome, and form Italy for that achievement though.

Reactions:
Yick, so much radiation, Fukushima is a fart compared to your Lucca.

So I did the Rajput Reich achievement. Restriction: take only India, a snake to Europe, Europe is free game.

... it all started as a fevered dream...
857FFEBF395DA823CA843061474275DD09BB63ED

(woohoo! admin power!)

--- some border-snaking later ---

We arrive in Germany, and-
Woohoo! Good ridd- I mean, how DARE you assassinate my Archduke!
69771C946F32717D94731F91B763145493B34617

Boom. Make way for the true Kaiser!
1D247E04F97311EFFF740D37A67378AF53C04742

Something's missing here... Reich... Reich... Anschluss! Anschluss!!!!
92E75CAEEDE6D75D48C212C22AE03CBEACE0DEAE

Forgive my shameless France alliance.

So of course...
85BBA701F840DE51D0E5F0B563E8D8D052912FEE

Ok, maybe we should consider sl- Anschluss! ANSCHLUSS!!! +The people love a good annexation.
B2B36DB95A4BEC6C48D8590B475310D13ED47B36

Anschluss! Final Germany region provinces.
11DD2DB908B99F542DA17F59C2BF8AA5DC230FA3

It's not a Reich if there's not at least one France beatdown

Coalition of Europe? Hah!
ABE406BB341106276C1F785DF312AA3482D71DBF

Political map: 1734.
79B81671D952566ADA71D8BB9A9B6EBAAFB1CA2B

Spent about 10 years waiting for truces to take about 10 one-province and two-province minors. I did not use the Guarantee exploit except to test it out one time.

There's still more than enough time to annex everyone. I originally intended to annex most/all directly, but there were just too many nations with unowned cores and I couldn't resist.

EDIT: Update. Took a break while moving to new PC (EUIV still lags in late-game, I am sad) but now finally got around to absorbing Germany myself. Just look at those pretty borders!
A8A924E06D2FF4033DCE7965670F4282CC887752

Still too lazy to tidy all the borders though.
88D193FC0EF68A1706206EB4605259235A86916F

+was trying to replicate a couple bugs on speed 5 and let the coalition form again, oh well. Of course I attack the coalition.
39343193DB951CDF95E63C3A5D6A3FB954EA2B74

Last edited:
Reactions: