• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, i saw something about how i believe steam has an invisible internal date of late march, but i want to emphasize those are non binding, and can be changed at any time. Odds are late spring to mid summer 2022 in my book. Something to do with Victoria would be apt like her birthday or coronation, and fits in the time frame of other recent releases.
Edit: I Just looked again and it (according to steam) is releasing between games coming out on Feb 1, and february 14. While not infeasible, that would mean like what... 9 months after announcement? Please take this information with a heavy grain of salt.

Last edited:
Reactions:
24 May 2022 is my guess. Victoria's birthday and in keeping with recent release schedules.
yep and it's a tuesday

I would say 28 june 2022: 184th aniversary of Victoria's coronation.
just some days before paradox' holidays in swedish summer? i doubt so

after 24th may there is still a month for a first bug-fix patch before summer holidays

Reactions:
I'd rather guess Q3 2022 and at worst Q2 2023.

Reactions:
Going on Paradox's history I think the release date will be about a month before it's completely done :(

• 9Haha
Reactions:
Going on Paradox's history I think the release date will be about a month before it's completely done :(
Crusader Kings 3 was great at launch so I hope they'll continue this trend.

Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Guessing Christmas 2021 for the original release date.

Might get pushed back into Q1 or Q2 of 2022.

Reactions:
Guessing Christmas 2021 for the original release date.

Might get pushed back into Q1 or Q2 of 2022.
Christmas is unlikely because of the 2 week holiday Paradox takes around Christmas and New Years. They last time they released something at Christmas (it was a stellaris DLC if I remember correctly), it had too many bugs, but with everyone on holiday, a patched couldn't be made for weeks. Chaos ensued. Since then they've made sure to have at least 3 weeks between release and any large holiday.

Reactions:
Christmas is unlikely because of the 2 week holiday Paradox takes around Christmas and New Years. They last time they released something at Christmas (it was a stellaris DLC if I remember correctly), it had too many bugs, but with everyone on holiday, a patched couldn't be made for weeks. Chaos ensued. Since then they've made sure to have at least 3 weeks between release and any large holiday.
Q1 2022 it is. Dev diaries typically starting AT LEAST half a year before any release date.
Maybe even early Q2.
My guess being January, March, or April of 2022

Reactions:
I doubt they'll be releasing it this year. Hopefully, they'll take their time with V3. It would be a shame if it was released in the same shallow state as I:R and CK3, or as buggy as some of their newest expansions.

I'll gamble here and say either April or June of 2022.

CK3 was released about 10.5 months after it was announced, this was quite a bit less than some previous titles. I believe it has been stated that Paradox wants to move away from its previous system of announcing games multiple years before release. Chances are V3 wait will be something along the lines of CK3. So earlyish next year (second quarter) is probably the best bet.

Paradox has moved away from the old system since after HoI4's multiple delays.

Every game released since Stellaris has been announced within a year of release.

It would be a shame if it was released in the same shallow state as I:R and CK3,

It annoys me that people keep comparing I:R to literally every game to be released by Paradox. The way Imperator launched was a conscious decision on Paradox's part to make the game an evolved version of EU: Rome. Was that a mistake? Absolutely! EU: Rome was a trash game! Any ancient Rome game needed to be totally revamped from the ground up based on the few good ideas EU: Rome had to offer. Imperator 1.0 needed to be at least what Imperator 2.0 ended up being to stand a chance.

Also, I don't know what you mean about CK3. The CK3 launch was considered good, certainly way better than Imperator's.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Don't Paradox devs usually go to holidays in August, though? If they release at the end of June, they will have a whole month of July to patch things up before they go on vacations.
Paradox (and most of Sweden) are on vacation in July, not August. If you were basing your original estimate on the vacation schedule, you may wish to move it up a month.

Reactions:
Seeing the trend with CK3 and I:R, I'd say little less then a year from announcement.

But I hope the correct answer is: when it's ready.