PETITION - Request to Paradox to make another expansion for the game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hate to say it, but shouldn't this thread be closed now that P'dox has officially said that they would neither support nor disallow further development of SOTS II? It's all on Kerberos now where it really always should have been.

I am late, but nevertheless I fully support the continuation of SotS in whatever form. I would gladly pay double the normal price for anything SotS related, except for SotS 3...for that I would actually be willing to pay triple the regular game price :laugh:

SotS 2 might have had lots of trouble and it probably didn't sell well due to its horrible release and even now it could need some work. However, it's one of the best 4X titles I played since Master of Orion and Homeworld.
I love the real time battles ala Total War, watching your lovingly designed ships in action is something no other 4x game gives you. It is unique in its genre.

Well, Paradox is known to have claimed not to touch other sequels of theirs and it did happen, so there is still hope :)

Last edited:
I suggest moving on to SotS 3. The damage here was done.
On the subject - developing game, especially like this, is a costly process; It takes more than just, y'know, few dozens of people giving 60$.
Anyways, signed. If it gets released, will pay.

Seconding the call for SOTS3. Many of the problems with SOTS2 are fundamental.
But I'm not buing it unless it's developed and published by Paradox with heavy involvement from Kerberos. edit - That is to say, I want Paradox in charge.
On one had, the Kerberos ability to build a setting and design compelling battle mechanics is something I'm very much in love with.
On the other, I think we have seen ample proof that Paradox are better at managing a development process(and are much more experienced at it).

Last edited:
Very late to the party. I check the boards a couple of times a year to see if there are any new developments.

I would even pre-order an expansion if it had plenty of fixes and a UI overhaul.

I love several of the idea's from sots2 like the fleet and mission system, the simulated growth and colonization, the stunningly beautiful combat engine (altho the combat could use some more options) but sadly the lackluster diplomacy, AI, turntimes and GUI means there are better games out there that give a more satifying experiance.

Find a way to fix these problems, and i would be back in a heartbeat and even force my friends to come over too.