PETITION - Request to Paradox to make another expansion for the game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sword of the Stars 2 was a failed launch in many ways. Its development went too long and it was released before it was ready; it took a year to get everything working, which Paradox paid for. Because it was released too early, it got negative reviews, word of mouth did not spread, and sales were lower than they rightfully should have been. One the game was (as the developer, Kerberos, said) in an "all clear" state, no one went and re-reviewed it. The launch had happened, and this game appeared to be a financial hole at that point.

Paradox, in a measure that should be applauded, paid for the developers to implement a new expansion, the End of Flesh. Paradox also made the decision to give the expansion away --for free-- to anyone who already purchased Sword of the Stars II. It was a measure to make up for a botched launch, and it was an effective way to keep Paradox and Kerberos in good standing with those customers. But it didn't make any money for anyone. Sure, maybe sales ticked up a bit after the expansion released or the game went on sale, but generally speaking the expansion and the post-release support have been throwing money at a fire. Sure, it could be seen as purchasing goodwill, but Paradox hasn't been making a lot of money off of this support; and we should not forget that companies exist to make money.

I want this product to continue to receive updates, expansions, and so on. The developer wants to see this, because they are currently patching this game on unpaid time. They are still working for free to improve what we already have. I want them to be paid for their work. I want Paradox to be paid for their investment. I want Sword of the Stars to grow and expand. The best way we have identified to do this is to pay money for expansions as far as I know.

Maybe the best thing would be to fund a small expansion, like adding a few technologies (there are still plenty of science fiction technologies to borrow); maybe it's adding a race like EoF did (though a more traditional one that requires fewer code base changes and would cost less). I don't know what the best way to explore continued support for SotS2 might be, but I want it and I want to encourage it.

I will pay for a full expansion of SotS 2; I will pay for a technology tree expansion like Argos Naval Shipyards to the first Sword of the Stars; I will pay for custom content creation like custom map creation tools. Basically, if you find a way of adding content and value to what I already have, I would like to pay for it.

Signed and will pay. Not would, might or possibly. Will pay.

Signed and will pay. I own all the expansions for sots I, preordered sots 2 and now that kerb has yet again proved that they will fix their game even if it came out as a mess, I'd be more than happy to pay for expansions like the ones for sots 1 :)

Stupid thread. Paradox is not the developer...

Kerberos Productions (i.e. the developer) has made it very clear that it is Paradox and not they who control all things related to SotS2. Any DLC or Expansions must come at the behest of Paradox, as Kerberos is legally unable to pursue this on their own. The CEO of Kerberos even mentioned that it was even unclear if they were legally able to continue their free patch support due to certain legalese terms in the contract.

There are countless threads on the developer official forums requesting more expansion and info, but they are always politely directed here to announce the interest to Paradox, so this thread is not as pointless as you might feel. I would be willing to pay for an expansion, as I did for all of the SotS 1 packs, but at this point SotS2 expansions/DLC appear unlikely.

Signed and will pay

Signed & will pay. I will hold my nose and step in that Steam(ing POS) to do it.

Did you know that it really hurts to wear a clothespin on your nose when you play a game that requires a Steam(ing POS) to be installed and running in the background to avoid the stench? It is bad enough to have to have Windows 9billion and its associated widgets without throwing a THIRD-thirdparty program into the mix...

Just sayin...

Signed & will pay. I will hold my nose and step in that Steam(ing POS) to do it

I see SotSII as an HOI3 product in its release. However, unlike HOI3, SotS2 has not received sufficient post release support needed to recover a great IP. Paradox Development Studio was allowed to continue funded work, patch the product, add DLC and Expansions/Projects and salvage the IP. The game has tremendous potential and can be recovered...nd in a few years see a great SotS3, like we now wait for HOI4. The End of Flesh felt more like just publishing content that was already made. The game is stable now, and a couple of "dial in specific mechanics" type Paradox expansions could revitalize and give second life to the product.

I would like to again state my support to the consideration of additional work towards the game. It deserves the 2nd chance that HOI3 received.

...and everyone likes a comeback story.