Perfect Your Galactic Empire in Stellaris: Utopia

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Add 5 types of genocide, 4 types of slavery and different kinds of "noncitizens".

Named it "Utopia".

Hey, we never said whose Utopia it is.

Reactions:
From a logical viewpoint, if you have zero regard for the rights of other sentient species and see them as nothing but animals, you might as well treat them like animals.
Farm animals are unintelligent and generally unaware of their fate.
Whereas trying to herd intelligent beings (who are quite possibly smart enough to outwit their captors) for food would be both expensive and dangerous, compared to the alternatives. As such, it should be extremely rare.

Reactions:
It doesn't take a genius to know that fleet combat is fairly unbalanced right now, especially with enormously underpowered missiles and strike craft, as well as weapons that deal extra damage against shields completely failing to focus their fire.

Any word on combat balances coming in Utopia?

Any word on combat balances coming in Utopia?
It seems unlikely that they would make combat balance changes in a DLC. I'd expect some tweaking in Banks but not some large rework.

Reactions:
Only way for me to be more excited is if there are ways for that utopia to come crashing down into a nightmarish dystopia!

One person's utopia is another person's dystopia.

A Communist utopia would be seen as a dystopia from the perspective of a capitalist.

It seems unlikely that they would make combat balance changes in a DLC. I'd expect some tweaking in Banks but not some large rework.

Tweaking likely. Large rework not happening for Banks.

Reactions:
Can we brainstorm more ideas for Galactic superwonders? =D

I'd love to build a planet-city/computer. I'd also think Xenophiles would love a galactic archive station that can be a cooperative project between all the races or at least their federation. Speaking of federations maybe a super shipyard? A space Area-52?

For killy stuff, I wouldn't mind a titan that can absorb energy and convert it to matter somehow, growing with each star or energy source it eats with it's living metal. Kinda like the Vasari loyalist titan. =D

More to come? The size of this expansion is well, euh, dyson-sphere-esque!

Where we're going in next week's dev diary... well, let's just say you won't need eyes to see.

Reactions:
You don't need eyes to see... Hmmm. Seeing with the mind? Psi powers? Other dimensions? I only I could fast forward my life a few months from now :)
The last DD's announcement of the following one does say things about "Psionic Ascension" and "The Shroud". So maybe it is indeed psi powers AND other dimensions.

Reactions: