• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Y'know... the disappointing thing about the trailer is that with the Marauder and Warhammer being released as part of the free update, they aren't technically part of the expansion and we don't get to see them. C'mon, guys!

Y'know... the disappointing thing about the trailer is that with the Marauder and Warhammer being released as part of the free update, they aren't technically part of the expansion and we don't get to see them. C'mon, guys!

Who said we don't get to see them? I'm sure we'll get a viewing of them at some point ;)

Who said we don't get to see them? I'm sure we'll get a viewing of them at some point ;)
Well, yeah... I'm talking specifically about the existing trailer. Just a little disappointed that the first thing I watched about the upcoming release didn't have them in it.

Hmmm. The way the stream from PDX is behaving, I don't know if it'll even be watchable for me. I get maybe 10 seconds of a slideshow then it freezes completely.

And to restate my previous post; I'd love for those 470 tons to be different chassis, so we get some 7-8 new 'Mechs to play around with, but as PH pointed out, the Warhammer, Marauder, and Rifleman variants add up to 470 tons, which sets my Spider sense tingling.

Has HBS had enough time to convert 7-8 'Mechs for this game, or only three? That's the question. Six months isn't all that long when talking about game development... And I'm sure Heavy Metal wont be "just" a 'Mech-pack, so there's other things that has taken dev and artist time too.

I'm hoping for 7-8 new 'Mechs, a new biome, and a bunch of new flashpoints, but I'm not counting on it.
Well, I'm happy to have been unfounded in my fears.

TEN new 'Mechs, eight new weapon systems, and a mini-campaign, that's more than I had dare hope for.

Thank you HBS! <3

Now I gotta wonder if the later HBS presentation has a YT alternative since Paradox's Twitch seems to be crashing repeatedly.

the thumper and mortar mech weapons are twio different things.

Errata in Tactical Operations now states that the Artillery Cannons may only use standard artillery munitions. As an area-affect weapon, the Thumper Cannon may not benefit from a targeting computer. Artillery Cannons use the Indirect LRM Fire rules to determine target numbers, but Artillery Cannons cannot make Indirect Artillery attacks. Missed shots scatter like standard artillery, but divide the scatter distance by one half to account for the smaller propellant charges.

Based on the weapon used by infantry for centuries, the Mech Mortar fires a small shell in a high arc that falls onto the target. Though the Mech Mortar was created by the Terran Hegemony, by 2835 the Succession Wars had relegated it to history.[1] Like Long Range Missile launchers, the Mech Mortar could fire on a target directly[2] or indirectly[3], but LRMs proved to be more reliable, easier to aim, and could fire more projectiles at once.

With the reintroduction of the Anti-Missile System, engineers revived the Mech Mortar concept. The munitions used by the mortars, though often possessing limited guidance packages, weren't destroyed by AMS systems in tests. Mortar shells also proved very adaptable, accepting several types of payloads including Anti-Personnel, Armor-Piercing, Flare, Smoke, and Semi-Guided. In addition, the sheer number of mortars in use made them very cheap to produce and resupply.[4] These benefits do not overcome the fact that the largest Mech Mortar weighs as much as an LRM-20 and takes up the same amount of space while offering less than half the salvo size and only two-thirds of the ammunition capability.

---from Sarna

also...Official Mod Support!!!!

Mitch and Ryan just kicked off the HBS presentation. Here are some of the highlights...

The Mech Lab will now include a viewing option that will let you spin the Mech on display.

Mech-specific Equipment is treated just like the BattleComputer of Cyclops. If the Mech Location is destroyed, the equipment is not destroyed. Also the equipment will not be removable IIRC.

The Rifleman has the Rangefinder Suite (aids it in being a Sharpshooter)

The Assassin has the Intercept System (Movement Defense System)

The Archer has the Missilry System (allows for fires to a single Target Location)

The BULL SHARK is a 95-ton Mech. It includes the 2-shot Area Effect Weapon, a Thumper Cannon.

Confirmed via Mech Bay screenshot, these models:

ASN-21, ARC-2S, FLE-15, VL-2T, RFL-3N, ANH-1A, PHX-1, WHM-6R, MAD-3R, BSK-MAZ

*Edit: Fixed Annihilator designation.

Last edited:
The Annihilator has a Stability Enhancement System.

Mitch and Ryan spoke of the Inferno Missiles. Did anyone catch if the Inferno is tied to a single Mech, or is it available to multiple Mechs? Is it tied to the SRM2 by any chance?

Did anyone catch if the Inferno is tied to a single Mech, or is it available to multiple Mechs? Is it tied to the SRM2 by any chance?

Infernos appear to not be tied to a specific 'Mech, from what I glanced over and are based off SRM2 from counting missiles. More importantly is the "burning gel" which is begging to be used in Lunar Biome fights.

They modded the Infernos onto an Archer, so I would assume they are a normal weapon system. Doesn't seem like they are tied to SRMs but they are firing 2 missiles at a time.
Infernos, not tied to SRMs...

...well...

...DAMN!

Last edited:
I see now what they were going for with all the new equipment and weapons: to add uniqueness to each 'Mech so there's some point in owning one model over another.
The COIL is made to increase the relevance of light 'Mechs to combat.

LRM Infernos...

...well...

...DAMN!
Huh? They seemed to be pretty clearly based on SRMs for range. I think there are canonically inferno rounds for LRMs, but that doesn't look like what they are using here.