• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From Twitter - "Eight new weapon systems including the Thumper Cannon, Inferno Missiles, and the new COIL Beam (a kinetic weapon that increases in power the farther your ‘Mech moves)."

(Really not digging the extra non-canon equipment bloat - Just ergh).

Meet the BULL SHARK!

5854CB0E-3D98-4769-A5EB-88D6A4B18933.jpeg

Also some additional expansion and new weapons details from POLYGON: “The expansion also promises eight entirely new weapon systems, including a ‘Mech Mortar area-of-effect weapon and a COIL Beam that charges up energy the further the attacker travels before firing. There’s also a miniature campaign that brings players in contact with members of the famed Wolf’s Dragoons.”

From Twitter - "Eight new weapon systems including the Thumper Cannon, Inferno Missiles, and the new COIL Beam (a kinetic weapon that increases in power the farther your ‘Mech moves)."

(Really not digging the extra non-canon equipment bloat - Just ergh).
The ARGO was non-Canon... until it became Canon.

The Aurigan Coalition was non-Canon... until it became Canon.

House Arano was non-Canon... until it became Canon.

I believe the BULL SHARK, Coil Gun and Mech Mortar will go the same way as the ARGO, Aurigan Coalition and House Arano. I’ve reached out to Catalyst on Twitter to see if they can shed some light on this all. : )

PC Gamer has a great rundown on HEAVY METAL that includes this incredible snippet!

“A derelict cargo ship has drifted into the Periphery from deep space," Harebrained teased. "What secrets does it contain, and who will ultimately control its mysterious payload?"

It is the “Deep Space” (Rimward’ish Space, I would think!) that has my senses swirling with Wolverine Overtones!!!! Time will tell. : )

EDIT: ...though in rereading the article, it seems that the above snippet might be part of the set-up for the HEAVY METAL mini-campaign that includes the Bounty bty Hunter and Black Widow. Still might be some Wolverine Overtones there, however. : )

With the new mechs, every weight class will have at least 2 mechs except for 25 tons, which will still be solely occupied by the Commando. If they continue to make new content for this game, the Mongoose would be a welcome addition there.

On the subject of the newness, I don't mind the new mech -- Mitch's teams have a history of creating new mechs -- but I'm less enthused about the new weapons. Suppose I'll see if that changes with time.

Meet the BULL SHARK!

View attachment 519308

Also some additional expansion and new weapons details from POLYGON: “The expansion also promises eight entirely new weapon systems, including a ‘Mech Mortar area-of-effect weapon and a COIL Beam that charges up energy the further the attacker travels before firing. There’s also a miniature campaign that brings players in contact with members of the famed Wolf’s Dragoons.”

More in the bullshark and its mortar from pcgamesn
https://www.pcgamesn.com/battletech/mod-support

“That new mech is the Bull Shark, a beefy assault mech with a deadly ‘thumper cannon’. We got to see this in action in a hands-off demo: it can only fire twice per mission, but it deals big damage across a huge area-of-effect, and can level buildings in a single blast.“

Will there be some official documentation for the mod support coming out? I might take my first dip into mod making :)
I have no doubt that Mitch will touch on this during the HBS presentation in another three and half hours. Whether or not “Official Mod Support” will be explained in great detail or not during the 30-minute pitch, we’ll just have to wait and see.

I know this part of Announcement has me very excited for what it could mean for RogueTech and all the other terrific Mods our Modding Community has created. : )

Looks like we now have some HEAVY METAL screen captures!

F70E60D5-16D1-4DEC-AD36-31161B8C0BDA.jpeg

I have not seen from HBS or read from the press articles anything about the various Mech variants that will be coming our way.

Has anyone seen any variant details yet?

Interesting note (well, interesting to me, anyway): In the Heavy Metal video, the Flea model listed is the FLE-15. It's possible I'm remembering wrong, but doesn't TRO3039 have the FLE-4 as the base introtech model? Not sure if that means they're omitting the FLE-4 or we're getting both, but it stood out to me.

With the new mechs, every weight class will have at least 2 mechs except for 25 tons, which will still be solely occupied by the Commando. If they continue to make new content for this game, the Mongoose would be a welcome addition there.

On the subject of the newness, I don't mind the new mech -- Mitch's teams have a history of creating new mechs -- but I'm less enthused about the new weapons. Suppose I'll see if that changes with time.
Yeah, I strongly suspect the Bull Shark was added specifically because there aren't a whole lot of options at 95 tons for 3025.

As far as the weapons, I like options... but the idea of the Coil Gun just sounds odd, and AOE isn't something I would have added. We'll see, though. Good gameplay trumps everything else in my book.

Interesting note (well, interesting to me, anyway): In the Heavy Metal video, the Flea model listed is the FLE-15. It's possible I'm remembering wrong, but doesn't TRO3039 have the FLE-4 as the base introtech model? Not sure if that means they're omitting the FLE-4 or we're getting both, but it stood out to me.
Just checked, and your recollection is right that the FLE-4 is considered the base model, with the FLE-15 listed as a variant.

The FLE-15 is going to be the more interesting variant for this version of the game, since it will have at least 5 support hardpoints (1 flamer, 2 small lasers, 2 machine guns).

Edit: And, in fact, you can build a FLE-4 using the hardpoints of a FLE-15.

Yeah, I strongly suspect the Bull Shark was added specifically because there aren't a whole lot of options at 95 tons for 3025.

As far as the weapons, I like options... but the idea of the Coil Gun just sounds odd, and AOE isn't something I would have added. We'll see, though. Good gameplay trumps everything else in my book.
My research shows the Banshee as literally the only 95 ton mech extant in 3025. As soon as I read there was an HBS-original mech, I knew it would be 95 tons for just that reason.

I'm curious how the weapons will play out. As you say, the weapon that does more damage the more you move is very strange. Also, I noticed in the Heavy Metal video that the Thumper Cannon was not mentioned, but a Mortar weapon was. This makes me wonder if they're one in the same (whose described functionality does not match either the Thumper Cannon or Mech Mortar).

There's also some timeline oddities with some LB-X and Ultra AC models appearing when they only exist in Clan space. Not sure if that's related to the Dragoon flashpoint (actual Clan tech) or HBS just decided to add them anyway.

My research shows the Banshee as literally the only 95 ton mech extant in 3025. As soon as I read there was an HBS-original mech, I knew it would be 95 tons for just that reason.
As far as I can tell from a quick check of Sarna, there could theoretically be a few Nightstars kicking around still without breaking lore too much... though I wouldn't think there would be enough to justify including it in the game.

PC Gamer has a great rundown on HEAVY METAL that includes this incredible snippet!

“A derelict cargo ship has drifted into the Periphery from deep space," Harebrained teased. "What secrets does it contain, and who will ultimately control its mysterious payload?"

It is the “Deep Space” (Rimward’ish Space, I would think!) that has my senses swirling with Wolverine Overtones!!!! Time will tell. : )

EDIT: ...though in rereading the article, it seems that the above snippet might be part of the set-up for the HEAVY METAL mini-campaign that includes the Bounty bty Hunter and Black Widow. Still might be some Wolverine Overtones there, however. : )

:):):)

Sounds like a great bridge or teaser for a Clan sequel

It will be a while though, because HBS are busy with their new project (most likely a new Shadowrun game, I imagine)

As far as I can tell from a quick check of Sarna, there could theoretically be a few Nightstars kicking around still without breaking lore too much... though I wouldn't think there would be enough to justify including it in the game.
Star League mechs are always a possibility, yeah. The lore does leave room for almost anything to be found in some backwater with the explanation that it wasn't mentioned because pretty much no one knew about it. But as you say, the numbers for such occurrences would be low, hard to justify making an entirely new mech model and animations and such.