• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And the obvious answer is "Even if we're only talking about PC players, not everyone uses mods or is even aware they exist, or is comfortable using them."

I'm not sure where the confusion is.

Modders have already shown how to fix the problem. Take their solutions and implement them. To both PC users and console users.

No one is asking you to learn how to use mods.

Most of these patch notes are exactly that. I can point to a good 10+ items on this patch list that are straight lifts of mods.

But there seems to be a new Problem with the Beyond Earth Mystery. Now I have three rockets falling from the sky and even rocktest from finished projects

The LUA Console needs some serious work. I actually disabled it (by typing "ShowConsoleLog(false)") because it's so incredibly unhelpful in its current state. While the example attached is an extreme one (error in coding forced a loop), just editing and reloading things long enough causes the same end result: a screen half full of text where you can't see what you need to.

Here's what you need to do to make it actually useful:

1) Let us minimize/maximize the window.
2) make the background slightly opaque for easier reading.
3) MAKE IT HAVE A SCROLL BAR! If you want to know why, select a colonist and type "SelectedObj". It's one of the easiest ways to search this table-based code... and 100% useless in this implementation since I can't scroll.
4) provide some way to clear out the log.

As it stands, it's a rush implementation that is more of a hinderance than a help. I really do appreciate the effort! I'm SUPER excited about the new modding tools, etc! (I wouldn't be so passionate about this issue if I didn't care so deeply, promise!) ...but yeah. This console needs a little TLC. In the meantime... I'll be using the mod version. As it stands, this one is nigh useless.

GqGx5xV

The LUA Console needs some serious work. I actually disabled it (by typing "ShowConsoleLog(false)") because it's so incredibly unhelpful in its current state. While the example attached is an extreme one (error in coding forced a loop), just editing and reloading things long enough causes the same end result: a screen half full of text where you can't see what you need to.

Here's what you need to do to make it actually useful:

1) Let us minimize/maximize the window.
2) make the background slightly opaque for easier reading.
3) MAKE IT HAVE A SCROLL BAR! If you want to know why, select a colonist and type "SelectedObj". It's one of the easiest ways to search this table-based code... and 100% useless in this implementation since I can't scroll.
4) provide some way to clear out the log.

As it stands, it's a rush implementation that is more of a hinderance than a help. I really do appreciate the effort! I'm SUPER excited about the new modding tools, etc! (I wouldn't be so passionate about this issue if I didn't care so deeply, promise!) ...but yeah. This console needs a little TLC. In the meantime... I'll be using the mod version. As it stands, this one is nigh useless.

GqGx5xV

*hinthintwinkwink*Try cls in the console. Also see what ~SelectedObj does.

*hinthintwinkwink*Try cls in the console. Also see what ~SelectedObj does.

The information provided goes off the screen about 6 times because you still can't scroll.

Glad to see that there's at least a way to clear the stuff... too bad it aint intuitive enough for me to discover that on my own.

Current bug list from the new patch (30 minutes of play time):
* Rockets will not launch using the "Launch" button. Workaround - Use the button that sets the rocket into cycle mode then click on it as it launches and turn it back off
* Beyond Earth sent all the remaining courier rockets then immediately set them to a "complete" state before they finished 20% of the trip to Mars. That's not an indicator number, two of the rockets were marked "complete" moments after liftoff
* The Hawkings institute and small research facility will not accept any worker regardless of building setting or character specialization

2 mods currently running: resource autocollection and anomaly automatic investigation (I forget the names off hand)

Awesome!! New changes, I would be great to have a pop-up when there're changes! xD

About the Stuck Rockets, if they are filled with Rare Metals you can enable/disable REALLY Quick the automated mode and the rocket will return to earth!

I'm not sure why... but since the update I keep getting warnings about starving citizens when there's plenty of food next to the dome... I did manage to bypass this by adding additional Grocery/Dinner... Looking closer seems like the drones are not performing as good as they used to since the increase of food consumition/production :(

Thanks for the patch, they are coming out really quick!

Last edited:
The patch appears to boot all scientists from all research buildings. They have to be manually reassigned, regardless of the priority of the building or the workforce restriction toggle. Newly-built research buildings accept and hold scientist workers appropriately.
Were you using any mods by any chance? If so can you tell us which ones?
Sorry, I have since overwritten the savegame I was using so I can't post it on the bug report forum! But I can tell you that I was using the mod 'Smarter Worker AI' by Thorik. The bug only occurred with the mod disabled. Still, I wondered if that had something to do with it.

Regardless, no harm no foul since I've gone around the bug by rebuilding my many research buildings. Great patch otherwise!

I started a new game and the RC Transport is now unable to load or unload cargo after a few days. I restarted the whole game from the main menu even and it bugged out the transport again. I play without any mods.

Thank you for releasing the patch on GOG simultaneously this time!

But, please fix the modding situation for non-Steam players.

Generally speaking, I agree... however, a few of the more dedicated modders have made sure to put their stuff over on NexusMods, at the least. You'll find Info Bar there along with my own two mods and a number of other goodies.

I started a new game and the RC Transport is now unable to load or unload cargo after a few days. I restarted the whole game from the main menu even and it bugged out the transport again. I play without any mods.
Yes you are correct, I tried running my RV into a twister and letting it get repaired to see if that would trick it into working, but no! I destroyed it and got a new one which worked for about a day then stopped again. Same with the rockets once they land on Mars that's it, I now have two useless rockets sitting at a base that is not going to last as a result, basically this patch has ended the game for me. I can't use the RV or rockets so until that is fixed I can't play it. As for the other bugs I can't get past the initial base set up to test, so far I have no colonists on the site as I have no rockets.... I also play without any mods!