• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am getting the same bug where rockets won't take off...it's fueled and ready to go, but when I click the launch button it just sits there.
The only thing I could think of was it wasn't taking off because the rare metals was only at 25/30. Usually you take off with any amount of metals, but perhaps this has somehow been broken and it's treating metals like fuel i.e. you need the limit.

I am getting the same bug where rockets won't take off...it's fueled and ready to go, but when I click the launch button it just sits there.

I encountered something like this a few times playing the PS4 version, turned out the rocket had drones in it recharging their batteries, when they finally came out the rocket closed up and took off.

Mostly good, but if you're going to insist that we have to select three different traits in our schools, can we at least have a greater variety of options? It also makes the Dreamer mystery a little harder to accomplish if I can't turn the school into a little Dreamer factory.

At least I won't have to force the school to train survivor exclusively to give my idiot colonists less chance of suffocating when they run across the map and die. Thanks for fixing that one. Now we just need interconnected domes!

Major Changes
  • Added Birth Control Policy in domes. You can now set births to allowed or forbidden (Ctrl + LMB sets birth control policy in all domes)
  • Optimized the way colonists pick workplaces. Colonists should now pick the best workplace for their specialization correctly and much faster

Disappointing.

Smarter Migration AI, Nurseries Limit Births, Smarter Worker AI, and Workplace Filter did this and did it better in every conceivable way.

With those mods you can run a colony that actually feels like a real martian colony would - with people working together to maximize their chances of survival.

Without those mods, even with these "solutions", Surviving Mars still feels like a colony management game where you're managing a 3rd-world country ghetto. People doing whatever the hell they want and damn the consequences.

Don't be too proud to acknowledge the modder community. If they fixed the problems already, then pay them and take their solutions. I don't see a point in waiting 3-6 months to play the game at the level I've been playing it the last few weeks thanks to modders.

A lot of very annoying issues fixed. Well done.

However - I agree that I don't like that we can't select the same trait three times in a school. What's the reasoning behind that?

And also - if you're going to take away tribbing buildings inside domes, then you really need to reduce the maintenance needs of some dome buildings. In particular the school, Sci... er, Hawking institute, and other buildings that require vast amounts of electronics every other sol to keep intact.
Consider that even a medium sized colony needs a dozen schools to keep the kids alright. It should not require an entire upgraded electronics factory's output just to replace ipads the students drop.

PS. Hawking was a hack. I admire him for his lifelong struggle with his illness greatly, but he stole the research that led to the postulation of Hawking Radiation from some Russian scientists, which he got away with because they were behind the iron curtain at the time. Before this, he had insisted that black holes were completely non emissive. He doesn't deserve anything on Mars named after him. Name an ALS treatment for him instead.

Yeesh, went back to search for "schools" to see what you guys were talking about. I guess we'll need to wait for a mod to fix that. No way I'm giving up my Enthusiast schools.

Disappointing.

Smarter Migration AI, Nurseries Limit Births, Smarter Worker AI, and Workplace Filter did this and did it better in every conceivable way.

"How come you guys aren't relying on modders to fix your game?"

I don't understand why this is a question anyone would ask.

Yeesh, went back to search for "schools" to see what you guys were talking about. I guess we'll need to wait for a mod to fix that. No way I'm giving up my Enthusiast schools.
Yeah I think I might take a break and wait for mods to cook a bit with this patch.

"How come you guys aren't relying on modders to fix your game?"

I don't understand why this is a question anyone would ask.

"Why are you implementing half-ass solutions that address 10-20% of the problems with colonist management when modders have already fixed 80-90% of it" would be a more accurate assessment of what I wrote.

"Why are you implementing half-ass solutions that address 10-20% of the problems with colonist management when modders have already fixed 80-90% of it" would be a more accurate assessment of what I wrote.

And the obvious answer is "Even if we're only talking about PC players, not everyone uses mods or is even aware they exist, or is comfortable using them."