• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kazahara Khan

Private
3 Badges
Sep 23, 2019
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Island Bound
Hello, The new Patch causes me a big Issue.
Some Rooms are now not any longer connected between doors, and thats a problem for me.
Lets have a look:
PA1.jpg

My design is based on "seperate" a room into a "Prisoner-Area" and a "Staff -Area".
ONE Room is dividet by a Wall with a Door. Then its possible to make one half of the Room accessible for Staff only ond the other half for Prisoner.
PA2.jpg

U can see it in my Chapel and Classroom on the Screenshot.
This System works GREAT so seperate external Staff from the Prisoners. So no External Staff can be killed by Prisoners.

Before the Patch it worked for all this Roomes. After the Patch it doesnt work für the Classroom anymore (U see the Symbol for not working Room in the Classroom on the first Screenshot)
The reason is, that Classrooms are not any longer be connected between Doors. The Roomclassification becomes destroyed with the Door and i have two total different Rooms now.
PLEASE fix this!
And then u can please fix the same Issue by the way for Kitchens and Canteens.
This would make it possible to set Doors in Kanteens or Kitchens to set Toilett- or Washing- or Storrage-Areas to a Room with a Door to seperate it optically.
Example:
PA3.jpg

Sorry for bad english.
I hope i could explay my Problem.
Greets
Kazahara Khan

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't think it was ever intended that you could separate room zones into multiple walled of segments using particular wall and door types. That it used to be possible, is I think the bug. If prisoners partaking in classroom are so violent they harm the teacher, then there are other problems you should look into fixing

In the new The Pen update, I see there are now "Wall Panels", which is what you're looking for. These are walls that can be placed inside rooms. While they create separate areas, they don't split the room itself. You can use this to separate the teacher's area from the prisoner area in the classroom, for instance. I haven't tested it myself but thus is what I understand from the tooltips. You can find the wall panels in the Objects menu (they're not "real" walls)