Patch 1.2.5 Released [checksum 328a] (NOT for problem reports)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've taken a look at the new Plantoid name lists added in this patch and - whilst I'm glad Plantoids now have 3 name lists - I'm deeply disappointed.

Other species' name lists are creative, using invented phonology and grammatical rules to create strange and unfamiliar names. All of the Plantoid name lists just use human names for flowers and plant anatomy, and two of them use the names of plants from human mythology (Yggdrasil, Irminsul, etc.). What's worse is that they all have far less name variations than the other name lists.

Most name lists have well over 50 generic ship names, but PLANT3 has 12, PLANT2 has 11, and PLANT has 4.

The standard for how many planet names a name list should have seems to be 20, or 10+ per planet type if the names are divided up by planet type. However PLANT still has 12 names divided up between 6 planet types, each planet type receiving 2 names each. PLANT3 has 15 planet names overall, and PLANT2 has only 10!

The leader names for PLANT and PLANT2 are still a lazy copy of the names from AVI3, and the regnal names in said lists are identical, save for the first name which is "Trunk of" in PLANT and is "Flower of" in PLANT2.

I wish the Plantoid namelists had the same amount of work put into them as the other phenotypes' namelists had - the current ones are limited, uncreative, and nonsensically human.

Reactions:
Have to agree with Krall..
from
Bulb on the SS Twig in Orbit around Shrubbery

I understand there has to be an English element to the naming but an ideal situation here would have been to use Latin plant names

Last edited:
Have to agree with Krall..
from
Bulb on the SS Twig in Orbit around Shrubbery

I understand there has to be an English element to the naming but an ideal situation here would have been to use Latin plant names
I'm glad you agree, but I don't think there does need to be an English element to the naming - most namelists just have a large assortment of alien names for planets, ships, and leaders.

Reactions:
My empire is getting destroyed by factions which my sectors love to create with their constant enslavement and purging. :/ Had to resort to wiping out other species populations stopping at their last planet just so they dont have any power if they choose to revolt. And now pretty much everyone in the galaxy hates me because of it.

See what you make me do paradox?!

Reactions:
What about my point defense stops working as soon as fighters get involved?
Example:
My fleet is attacking a swarm space station. PD is shooting down all the missiles. After a minute a swarm fleet jumps in on the other side of system. Everything is still working fine at this point. As soon as swarm fleet gets into engagement range of my fleet all my PD just stops. Swarm fleet has not fired a shot yet and all station missiles start slamming into my fleet, not a single PD is firing.
I am guessing it is because the swarm fleet had fighters and even though they were no where close to in range yet my PD now will ONLY target fighters becasue they are in the area (not even in range) and all the missiles in the world can slam into my ships.

Why I'm with my friend in main menu both have 1.2.5.24012 (328a) version, but in multiplayer he have 1.2.5.24012 (ab4b) ? And ofc we can't play together. What is this and how we can fix it ?

Last edited: