• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They never worked like that. You need to start with communist focuses if you want them

That's not true according to the dev diary

The Baltics may also choose to do as they did historically: granting basing rights to either the Soviets or Germany, and eventually submitting to their occupation. Should the Baltics submit to Soviet occupation, they will switch to their shared communist branch.
View attachment 720467

That’s all for this week! Don't forget to tune into PdxCon '21 on Friday and Saturday, there is a bunch of interesting HOI4 stuff there as potentially some reveals :p

*edit in case you missed it*

Here's the detailed itinerary of HOI4 events:

Friday 21 May:
  • Game Challenge - Corazones de Hierro 1110-1310 CEST: Join Content Designer Drikus Kuiper, Senior QA/NaCl enthusiast Daniel Sjöberg, and Community Manager Josh Bassett on Twitch for a top-secret in game mission, and compete with your fellow players for prizes!

• Announcement Show 2000-2100 CEST: Our CEO Ebba Ljungerud welcomes all to the Con, with a full rundown of the many new announcements you can expect over the course of the event...including a brand new game from Paradox Development Studio. Pre-show from 1930.
Saturday 22 May:
  • Map Painters - Designing Game Maps for Map Games 0230-0310 CEST: Content Designer Drikus Kuiper joins colleagues from multiple Paradox titles to discuss the ins and outs of making maps for complex strategy games, and answer your questions.

• Kaiserreich Mod Documentary - Two Decades of Alt History 0310-0335 CEST: Content Creator Kaiser Cat Cinema takes us on a journey through the story of this long-lived, legendary mod.

• Output Modifiers - Building a HOI Mod 1155-1325 CEST: Content Designer Manuel Molina Grande, QA Viktor Dahlberg, and Community Manager Josh Bassett give a step-by-step introduction to the process of creating your first HOI mod, with a Q&A session to follow.

• HOI Story - 5 Years of Hearts of Iron IV 1715-1755 CEST: Game Director Dan Lind, Content Design Lead Gabriel Blum, and Senior QA Daniel Sjöberg will be your guides through the panoramic sweep of HOI4 history, charting how the game has grown and evolved over the years. What's next for the game?

• The Greatest Content Generation - Meet the HOI Team 1800-1900 CEST: Meet and greet session with the HOI 4 dev team, including Game Director Dan Lind, Game Designer Robert Dotson, Content Design Lead Gabriel Blum, Content Designer Manuel Molina Grande, UX Designer Peter Johannesson, Programmers Björn Mattsson and Eddie Willman, QA Viktor Dahlberg, and Artist Timor Khanagov.
And that's just the HOI-specific content. Feel free to check out the website for the full timetable, including a large number of mysterious secret ones...

We hope to see you all at twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive for PDXCon Remixed!

Hello all! I hope you're having a good time with the Barbarossa patch and the No Step Back DLC.
  • Convoy routes and supply naval connections sometimes produce unexpected results and disregard region block flags
    • Under investigation
Not sure if you're serious with these words, but would you mind me asking whether it would be cost effective (tm) for you to release a hotfix for this issue once it's resolved internally? Or, in other words, does this qualify as a critical issue?

Not sure if you're serious with these words, but would you mind me asking whether it would be cost effective (tm) for you to release a hotfix for this issue once it's resolved internally? Or, in other words, does this qualify as a critical issue?
We don't have a date for 1.11.5 at this stage, lots of people are still away this week.
Keep an eye on the open beta though ;)

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Falangist Spain has got wrong 3D unit model

Attachments

• 73AA6BA2-145F-43B1-9F3D-4763651F7304.jpeg
    73AA6BA2-145F-43B1-9F3D-4763651F7304.jpeg
    599,5 KB · Views: 0
We don't have a date for 1.11.5 at this stage, lots of people are still away this week.
Keep an eye on the open beta though ;)
Yeah, that fixed it for me, thanks. Now I can play the naval game same as before.

One question, though: why would you omit Naval Invasion orders from the same logic? I.e. manual troop convoys (now) ignore red regions just fine, while the invading units still insist on going through them and subsequently require extra reshuffling with the outbound ports since you don't know where the 'arrows' will go beforehand.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, that fixed it for me, thanks. Now I can play the naval game same as before.

One question, though: why would you omit Naval Invasion orders from the same logic? I.e. manual troop convoys (now) ignore red regions just fine, while the invading units still insist on going through them and subsequently require extra reshuffling with the outbound ports since you don't know where the 'arrows' will go beforehand.

It would be easy to cheese naval invasions then. Imagine a sealion going via the bay of biscay, the atlantic, then the western approaches. You toggle zone access to juggle an already planned invasion to move around only the tiles which you have momentary supremacy over.

Not really a concern in singleplayer, since there you can easily launch an invasion through the english channel with 20 subs and no capital ships anyway, but would be cancer in multiplayer.

It would be easy to cheese naval invasions then. Imagine a sealion going via the bay of biscay, the atlantic, then the western approaches. You toggle zone access to juggle an already planned invasion to move around only the tiles which you have momentary supremacy over.
Cheese? As i.e. Sweden, why should I ever look at the Channel? Nowadays I always invade the UK from Iceland and exactly via the western approaches for multiple tactical reasons. Used to do it via the Northern Sea, that is a worse option, yet still sane enough.

You don't use your tanks to attack through mountains unless there's no other option; you don't send your ships to a deathtrap either.

I don't quite get your point. If it's possible to launch invasions half a globe away, surely there's nothing wrong with re-routing.

Naval supremacy as a whole is a terrible mechanics in its implementation, but that's largely irrelevant here.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Known issues in 1.11
FYI: Brilliant/Inflexible Strategist traits are once again broken and no longer grant the +1 Attack/Defense and +1 Planning/Logistics as they should (as used to). It's easy to see as Harsh Leader works fine and grants that +1 Attack.

I uploaded a pic for you, and one can see that the figures simply don't match, provided +1 skill level grants 3 different stats.

Reactions:
Hello all! I hope you're having a good time with the Barbarossa patch and the No Step Back DLC.
As usual for new releases we are keeping an eye on bug reports and I'll try to keep the list of known issues found so far, as well as their fixes or workarounds.

If you want an early look at the upcoming patches, you can check-out the 1.11.5 open beta patch.

Also, remember that following a large release like 1.11 most mods are likely to be incompatible and be either seriously bugged or outright crash the game.

Known issues in 1.11
  • Tanks in stockpile cannot be converted between different chassis
    • Partially Fixed in 1.11.4, with some restrictions due to design decisions
    • IC conversion cost is not working as intended, under investigation
  • Pre-requisites for Polish focus 'Expand the University of Warsaw' can never be fulfilled
    • Fixed in 1.11.3
  • Some characters use a small Walther Von Brauchitsch portrait when the DLC-locked portrait is not available
    • Fixed in 1.11.4
  • Japanese communist subtree cannot be completed because fascists do not flee to Manchuria
    • Fixed in 1.11.4
  • Game goes out-of-sync when playing with different translation
    • Fixed in 1.11.4
  • French AI does not pick De Gaulle as their leader if they lose the Battle of France, locking themself out of the Free France focus tree
    • Fixed in 1.11.4
  • Some fonts are missing a glyph for 'ņ' and non-breaking space (shows as '?')
    • Fixed in 1.11.4
  • Armor Pack models cannot be selected in the Tank Designer with No Step Back active
    • Partially Fixed in 1.11.2
    • Fixed in 1.11.4
  • Game executable isn't signed on Windows, making some antiviruses upset
    • Fixed in 1.11.2
  • Armies do not get supply from the local naval hub if they stand on a port while there are ships in the harbour
    • Fixed in 1.11.3
  • Hosting/joining a fresh new MP game after playing another session will trigger an Out of Sync in the first few days
    • Fixed in 1.11.4
  • Opening the in-game browser on DirectX11 crashes the game
    • Workaround: use the DX9 renderer instead
    • Will be fixed in 1.11.5
  • Convoy routes and supply naval connections sometimes produce unexpected results and disregard region block flags
    • Will be fixed in 1.11.5

I just wanted to bring attention to what I think is a bug in the Soviet Union's Bukharinist pathway. I played Bukharin and went towards restoring democracy in the part following a coup against Stalin. Despite finishing the restoration of democracy in the party however, Left Opposition advisers continue to be permanently locked. The tool-tip indicates that the game still believes Ivan Smirnov & Co. to still be in jail despite the fact that they have no reason to be there. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Ivan Smirnov.jpg
    Ivan Smirnov.jpg
    585,8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I don't know if this has already been commented on but several things that I have seen so far don't work with the new patch 1.11/NSB:

Playing with the Soviet Union:

- Even completing the behead the snake focus, Trotsky is not killed and the -20% stability of the Trotskyist plot is not removed.
- When Spain relocates gold reserves, no modifier appears.

Playing as China:

- Completed the focus of forming the United Front, Communist China always rejects it and does not join the alliance against Japan.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Playing with the Soviet Union:

- Even completing the behead the snake focus, Trotsky is not killed and the -20% stability of the Trotskyist plot is not removed.

Completing that focus will unlock an operative mission to Assassinate Trotsky in Mexico. You will need a Intelligence agency, and 50% spy network strength in Mexico to start that mission.

Once the mission completes successfully, it will change the Trotskyite Plot stability nerf from -20% to -5%. I'm not sure if you can ever get rid of that last -5% to stability.

Reactions:
I just wanted to bring attention to what I think is a bug in the Soviet Union's Bukharinist pathway. I played Bukharin and went towards restoring democracy in the part following a coup against Stalin. Despite finishing the restoration of democracy in the party however, Left Opposition advisers continue to be permanently locked. The tool-tip indicates that the game still believes Ivan Smirnov & Co. to still be in jail despite the fact that they have no reason to be there. Thank you for your time.
Same thing happens in Germany too; after the civil war you cant assign commanders neither in Military High Command nor as Theorists nor giving them traits. Its a common bug after new States created.
I just wish Developers notice it.

Attachments

• hoiivbug.jpg
    hoiivbug.jpg
    500,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
FYI: Brilliant/Inflexible Strategist traits are once again broken and no longer grant the +1 Attack/Defense and +1 Planning/Logistics as they should (as used to). It's easy to see as Harsh Leader works fine and grants that +1 Attack.

I uploaded a pic for you, and one can see that the figures simply don't match, provided +1 skill level grants 3 different stats.
Apparently, the rolls for trait itself and the stat addition are separate, as it's still possible to get the result one expects initially, albeit it takes time: both generals were recruited the same day under same conditions while paused (with CP being added via console).

Attachments

• 20220125065356_1sss.jpg
    20220125065356_1sss.jpg
    793,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Was playing as Austria with historical ai focus. Was still fighting in sep 1940 but Germany never declear war on any other nation after the failed anscluss. Poland joined alies and soviets attacked Poland ending up war between Uk and Soviets. France never entered the war. Italy joined Axis and ened up attacking Yugoslavia jul 1940, Germany didint join in the war, Yugo joined alies. At that point I justified on Soviets and France just to see what happens. Germany ended up giving France military acces even tough their faction members were on war with each other. With retry Germany again refused to attack Poland. Ai Germany does not seem to justify any wargoals or go torwards war goals on focus tre if it does not hold Viena. Bouth times germany did take Tsek and Memmel via national focus.

If Germany turns democratic there's an event if Poland is being invaded by the Soviets, where they'll transfer Danzig and Poznan to the Germans. The issue is they do transfer Danzig (id:85) and Poznan (id:86) states but not the newly added Gdynia (id:807) state, which should be included in the event. (It should be according to the event description at the very least)

• 1Like
Reactions: