Paradox Tuesday Multiplayer Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
From the look of the map Holland has only gained one province, exactly how big did they get before they were shot down? Also doesn't Holland start in PU to Burgundy now? how did he get free or more of who helped him get free?

French+castillian help.

Taking Utrecht caused 3 large coalitions against me.

Reactions:
Haha, looks like the 'peasant rabble' at Paradox offices are taking revenge against their supreme commander Johan ingame yet again. Last time I watched a dev MP stream (which, admittedly, was eons ago), Johan's Bohemia got partitioned during the first session.
How were the intermittent games? Does everyone bully Johan these days?

Previous game i obliterated ddrjake :)

French+castillian help.

Taking Utrecht caused 3 large coalitions against me.
Damn, glad you guys caught this AE bug now

Take a OPM, get triple coalitioned, fun times

The Netherlands will be united in due time I suppose and than who will stop us from dominating the New World and the High Seas?

He said there was a balance issue and the AI formed coalitions. Clearly the issue is that a 2pm taking a single province ONLY causes AI to join the coalition. In the future, taking any HRE territory will result in all players (both human and AI) being automatically put into the coalition. Winning this war will only mean the coalition necessarily must increase its efforts to win, and losing this war will cause the coalition to sense vulnerability and increase its efforts to win.

Reactions:
He said there was a balance issue and the AI formed coalitions. Clearly the issue is that a 2pm taking a single province ONLY causes AI to join the coalition. In the future, taking any HRE territory will result in all players (both human and AI) being automatically put into the coalition. Winning this war will only mean the coalition necessarily must increase its efforts to win, and losing this war will cause the coalition to sense vulnerability and increase its efforts to win.

No, you have it wrong. Whenever the player receives any form of CB against any member of the HRE, or any nation bordering the HRE, or any nation that the HRE is aware of existing, they will be forced to release all nations they can instantly or the game will delete itself off of your hard drive.

Reactions:
Nice job! Do others bully you, though?
If they have the videos archived, check back to the one where he started as Bohemia (first MP after 1.6 I think). If you find it, don't worry, you won't have to watch for long to see what ensued.

If they have the videos archived, check back to the one where he started as Bohemia (first MP after 1.6 I think). If you find it, don't worry, you won't have to watch for long to see what ensued.
Yeah, I already saw that one :)
|
V
Last time I watched a dev MP stream (which, admittedly, was eons ago), Johan's Bohemia got partitioned during the first session.

I love the write-up of the various things happening. I assume this is being played with the new fort mechanics, right? If so, I (and I'm sure others) would love to hear how that's working out, any surprises or upsets that have occurred as a result, etc. Thanks!

Annexing An OPM caused a grand coalition? I am worried about that the next patch...

A number did not scale properly to the new development system. It has since been tweaked.

Reactions:
From previous Dev MP games, it seems like Wiz and Forzaa are probably the best MP players, with Johan close behind. Is that what you all think as well? Don't know how DDRJake compares yet. Wiz seems like the best diplomat, with Forzaa the best technical player....

From previous Dev MP games, it seems like Wiz and Forzaa are probably the best MP players, with Johan close behind. Is that what you all think as well? Don't know how DDRJake compares yet. Wiz seems like the best diplomat, with Forzaa the best technical player....

Yonaz is better than me, and so is the witch king.

Yonaz is kind of the quiet Tiger, he crawls silently through the grass until he is close enough to pounce on you and sink his teeth into your neck.
Every game he sits in his corner of the world and grows... and grows.... and grows until he is a horde that can't be stopped. Somehow he always gets away with it.

Reactions:

How long does it take to get a good feel for the skill of a new player? Do you have a good feel for Jake's skill yet? I'd bet it's fairly easy to get a feel for technical skill, but diplomatic skill is much more deep and subtle. (I've never played MP).

Yonaz is kind of the quiet Tiger, he crawls silently through the grass until he is close enough to pounce on you and sink his teeth into your neck.
Every game he sits in his corner of the world and grows... and grows.... and grows until he is a horde that can't be stopped. Somehow he always gets away with it.

Can't wait for the French mission to take Milan!