Paradise Pre-gained: Pre-orders Available for EU IV: Conquest of Paradise expansion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I won't be an early adopter for this one, I'll wait for the next sale.

I like the improvements to the Americas and I really love the concept of colonial nations, but I'm not a fan of the randomness feature.

I think that the random New World is something that doesn't fit the general theme of EU4. To me it seems like adding a 'Civilization'-type element to the game.

I would have pre-bought the DLC, if it didn't contain the random New World feature. You could have had that as a separate DLC.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what comes next.

I like the improvements to the Americas and I really love the concept of colonial nations, but I'm not a fan of the randomness feature.

I think that the random New World is something that doesn't fit the general theme of EU4. To me it seems like adding a 'Civilization'-type element to the game.

I would have pre-bought the DLC, if it didn't contain the random New World feature. You could have had that as a separate DLC.

You can always play without the randomized New World, it's an option in the game setup to turn on or off. That way you get the new native tribe mechanics, colonial nations and the other things in the DLC without needing to use a feature you don't like.

I don't think I can find the words to describe how excited I am for this expansion. After this, I'm going to have a hard time not constantly being a colonial power, and random ones at that. The question is, who do I use first? Norway? Scotland? Brittany? Morocco 2.0 (they were my very first game)? Provence? Songhai?

The possibilities are endless to the point I haven't been able to bring myself to play much EU since this was first announced.

I agree. A randomized New World makes a colonization strategy: risky, interesting, challenging, and a whole lot more fun. If the AI doesn't cheat while exploring, success at colonization could fall to any nation.

I won't be an early adopter for this one, I'll wait for the next sale.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what comes next.

The random New World is an OPTION, you can uncheck it in the menu

You can always play without the randomized New World, it's an option in the game setup to turn on or off. That way you get the new native tribe mechanics, colonial nations and the other things in the DLC without needing to use a feature you don't like.

Oh I'm aware of that.

It's just that if I were to buy the DLC now, I'd still be paying for the feature I'm opposed to.

By waiting for a sale I'll be able to pay a price that roughly corresponds to the value of the features I'm interested in.

Oh I'm aware of that.

It's just that if I were to buy the DLC now, I'd still be paying for the feature I'm opposed to.

By waiting for a sale I'll be able to pay a price that roughly corresponds to the value of the features I'm interested in.

Makes perfect sense if you're not interested in random new worlds (a huge plus for me) or new native rules. I particularly like the idea of exploring from the western pacific or Ireland/Morocco etc. The Knights! :p

I hope they do something about India aswell.
AI is not able to profit of Indian tard eatm and doesnt even conquer it.
Getting the trade from India to Europe is also too complicated. I basicly need to have halve of Africa , the caribbean and northamerica to get the Indian trade as England.

insta-pre ordered. it's been my dream since eu2, it'll be like the very first time when i knew nothing about maps and was 12!